EXPANDED A&A-THE NAVAL SERIES "Coral Sea and The Solomons Campaign"

• Tigerman and Tall Paul, I have been out for awhile learning a new job.  Now I am back for how long i don’t know.  The Solomons campaign are we going to treat ships as individuals or are we going to continue to use them as fleets and flotillas?  I suggest since this map is going to be a massive ocean/islands fight if we can devise rules to use the ships as individual units for combat and movement and land units as battalions and air units as squadrons.  We might have touched on this earlier, i do not recall.

Cheers

WARRIOR888

• Customizer

Warrior and Others,

Well, in GENERAL TERMS our new game with it’s large map covering only a specified campaign area (the Solomons) will have units representing smaller organizations than in the “Standard A&A” games,…but larger than in the “A&A-Miniature” games.

Unit size(s) may vary depending on the unit type.  For example:  The Marine Raider units might represent a battallion or regiment size unit.  Most units would represent larger organizations though.  Even ship units would represent larger than individual units.

I know this answer is vague at best, but should answer your question.  And things are still
    “in process”.  Check back later as I hope to have some pics of my Marine Raiders soon.  Thanks for your continued interest.

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Everyone,

Here are some pics of my almost finalised US Marine paint scheme that “Allworkandnoclay” is painting for me.  I hopefully should have all 20 of them finished and delivered in a week or so.  Remember, this pic is an “in process” shot.  The final product will probably look better.

This painter is a REAL PRO and does AWESOME work!

As I Say,……What Do YA’LL Think?

“Tall Paul”

marine1a.jpg

• Customizer

US Marine, pic #2

Notice the Eagle and Anchor in four colors, and the Globe in five colors.  You really need to “click” on these pics to enlarge them to appreciate the detail!

marine2a.jpg

• Customizer

US Marine, pic #3

marine3a.jpg

• '21 '18 '17 '15

excellent job there by allwork, being a professional he has the time to devote to it and he gets paid for it, i struggle just to get the time for it.

• Well done Tall!

• Customizer

Crusaderiv,

“Allworkandnoclay” deserves ALL the credit for the Awesome paint jobs.

The only things I can take credit for is coming up with the IDEAS for paint jobs I want,…and then PAYING for them.  BTW, did you see the UK-Pacific(Calcutta) Infantry I had him paint for me?  I call them “Jacks” because of the Union Jack roundels painted on their bases.

“Tall Paul”

uk_inf_jack2.jpg

• Customizer

UK-Pacific(Calcutta) “Jacks” #2

uk_inf_jack.jpg

• Y’all have some very nice pieces there, Wow!

The games you are describing are beginning to remind me of Squad Leader, a game I played almost 30 years ago.  Yours sounds like the same sort of thing on a bit higher level (maybe company level instead of squad level) and plastic pieces instead of cardboard chits.  Developing games like that takes a lot of work.  Good luck.

• Customizer

Dinosaur,

Thanks, I’m especially looking forward to Marine Raiders.  They’re next on the list.  After that will be some US Airborne units: 11th, 17th, 82nd, and 101st “Angels, All-Americans, and Screaming Eagles”.  Wow!

–-----------------------------------------

Only somewhat.  But more like Brigades or Divisions for the normal size of units.

“Tall Paul”

• '21 '18 '17 '15

open your pic in paint and resize,  the limit is  256kb per pic or per post

• Customizer

Everyone,

Well, the US Marines are almost finished and here’s a pic.

Thanks for your advice Dangermouse650.

“Tall Paul”

marines1-1.JPG

• '12

Amazing painting job. Wish I was that good. Enjoy your gaming pieces man

• Customizer

Georgemak1,

Thanks, I’m sure we’ll enjoy them.  The Marine Raiders and Paratroopers are next.  The Raiders are almost done.

Even though I’m sure that these painted pieces will add to our group’s enjoyment of the game I must say that for me the main enjoyment is the f-t-f challenge and comraderie of a game.

“Tall Paul”

• These units look amazing.  About how much does it cost to get those guys painted?

• Customizer

Dadler12,

Let me give you his web-site address(s):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/allworkandnoclay/sets

http://www.allworkandnoclay.com/main.html

He is a professional artist and is very talented as you can tell from the pics.
    If you are interested he has his own thread here on A&A.ORG with many pics of his A&A units. His thread also includes an (outdated) price list.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=16956.0

“Tall Paul”

• Customizer

Dadler,

His prices are just now going up,…in response to the prices of his supplies going up.  It would be best if you were to contact him at one of the web-sites that I provided to get an accurate price.  He’s a nice guy, as well as an AWESOME painter.

“Tall Paul”

• Thanks for all the info Tall Paul

• Customizer

Dadler12,

I really like Chads’ painting of the national ensigns on the bases of the Infantry units so I’m having him paint all of my Infantry units first.  Included with the normal Inf. units will be the US Marines, Marine Raiders, Paratroopers, Special Forces, and Inf. from the Neutral Nations.

We already have many aircraft available for painting (F-4F Wildcats, SBD Dauntlesses, TBF Avengers, P-38 Lightnings, P-40 Warhawks, P-51 Mustangs, B-17 Fortresses, B-25 Mitchells, C-46 Commandos, and all of the Italian aircraft.  Some types will be painted in multiple schemes (RAAF, RNZAF P-40s) and some will be modified into different types (B-25s into “J” model commerce destroyers w/14 forward-firing 50 cal. machine guns).  I’m looking forward to all of them, and we haven’t even talked about all of the Tanks and Ships!  As they say, Stay tuned,…More to come!

“Tall Paul”

Â

Â

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m