Global 1940 Alpha 2 - cash in all units and purchase House Rule

• I wanted to get some feedback on a house rule where players purchase all of their units and place as they wish prior to the start using the total IPC values from Alpha 2 setup, and still using all Alpha 2 rules and National Objectives.

RULES:

• All Industrial Complexes and Naval/Air Bases Remain and are not cashed in

• Anti-Aircraft units have been cashed in and are part of the IPC amounts listed below

• Additional Industrial Complexes and Naval/Air Bases may be purchased with the players cash, with the exception of China which may not build any of these

• Each territory with an IPC value of 2 thru 5 must have Infantry (Mechanized or regular) in a quantity of at least one less than the IPC value of the territory

• Territories with an IPC value of  6 or higher must have at least 5 Infantry (see the United States mainland)

• There will be four placement turns prior to the first actual turn of the game. Each player purchases and places their units in reverse order of the normal turn order. France first, Italy second, etc.

• The Chinese player may only purchase (non-mechanized) Infantry and a single Fighter, but the Chinese player is not required to purchase a Fighter

• A maximum of 2 IPCs can be carried over to the next turn, with the exception of turn 4 when up to 5 IPCs may be saved for the players first actual turn in the game

• Players cannot place units in territories other than their own with the exception of Japanese controlled China, France and UK (London), ANZAC and UK (London or Calcutta). The UK player must keep his two sides separate and cannot share money or place units on the other side of the map.

• You can only place naval units in zones adjacent to your territories. In sea zones where opposing sides border the same sea zone, total up the adjacent land IPC value and the side with the highest value can place units in that sea zone.

• Germany may place a Sub in any neutral Atlantic sea zone, no more than one Sub per neutral sea zone

• A land territory can only have a number of ships adjacent to it equal to the IPC value of the territory. If the territory has a naval base in it, it will allow 3 additional naval units to be placed in adjacent waters.

PLACEMENT TURN ORDER (Total IPCs): IPCs per turn:

• FRANCE (Total 132): 33 per turn

• ITALY (Total 223): 56 for the first three turns, 55 for turn four

• ANZAC (Total 91): 23 per turn, 22 for turn four

• UK (Calcutta) (Total 130): 33 for the first two turns, 32 for the last two turns

• UK (London) (Total 318): 80 for the first two turns, 79 for the last two turns

• China (Total 58): 15 for the first three turns, 13 for turn four

• USA (Total 278): 70 for the first two turns, 69 for the last two turns

• Japan (Total 570): 142 for the first two turns, 141 for the last two turns

• Russia (Total 248): 62 per turn

• Germany (Total 399): 100 for the first three turns, 99 for the last turn

(8/7/11)-Added rules for naval placement
    (8/13/11)-Attached a spreadsheet with optional rules for max stack per territory called AA_setup.xls
    (8/16/11)-Attached spreadsheet with rules that have the minimum infantry per territory in place and the modified cash values for each country, along with a ABattleMap

AA_Setup.xls
    Blank_wInf.AAM
    Rules_with_Infantry_in_place.xls

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

You know, if you play online, I would be glad to test this out with you!  I’ve weeded my games down to 4 and one of those has a player who posts once a month, so I’m freed up quite a bit now.

• this rules sounds pretty interesting, would you be willing to play a 3-player???

@thatonekid:

this rules sounds pretty interesting, would you be willing to play a 3-player???

I wouldn’t mind.  The more players there are, the slower the game progresses which is fine on my end.

• you up for it taschuler???

• So here too you muted me and the post after me who pointed out you annonce yourself free for a new game, but refuse to carry on an ongoing game to avoid the lost?

Is it how you’ll rule your Tournament? If I see and point out incoherence of yours, you’ll just delete my poste secretly?
    I wonder How long this post will last Jennifer. Or course, I get screen shots of all posts I guess you’ll delete.

Amazing how you use your Moderator priviledges… I thouth it was to remove unpolite and disgraceful post… but it seems we also have to speak like you to be allowed to post.

I recommend you make your accusations in private or to the more senior moderators.  Publically accusing a moderator is a good way to make a moderator displeased with you.  I have been down that road before and it ended up very badly for myself and for that moderator (who is no longer with us).  Personally, I’ve grown a very thick skin over the years and get let much of the accusations and slander roll off rather harmlessly, but it is not the wisest action to irritate a moderator when such irritation can be avoided.

As for your missing posts:

1)  You should ensure you get the confirmation screen after you post.  You can flag your posts so they return you to them after they have been submitted.  Perhaps (and I am not logged onto your machine, so I cannot say for certainty) your posts were lost in transit.

2)  You tend to come off rather hostile and inflamatory.  Perhaps one of the other moderators removed your post because they felt there was no redeeming qualities in it?  I have done this three times in the past to various other parties and emailed them with reasons why. (Although editing like I am doing can be more productive.)

3)  Perhaps you are experiencing an error with the system.  A few of our more established users have been having troubles with their posts as well.

Lastly, what I choose to do or not do on my own time is my business.  Our game was a test of MULTIPLE UNTRIED THEORIES which included, but is not limited too, Global40 Candian Shield, London Evactuation, American Capitol Warship Program, Japanese Turtle, Chinese Multi-Culturalism, etc, etc, etc.  It was not a “by the book” Japan-crush as described anywhere.  Further, I did offer you a rematch in the future when real life obligations are met and I have more time, so please don’t attempt word your statements in such a way as to insinuate that I am attempting to slight you.

• shes not even moderator on this page

• Customizer

Definitely a different way to play.  I wonder what the outcome would be.  I have a few questions:
    1 - You mentioned ICs and air/naval bases staying as placed.  What about AA guns?  Can each country cash those in and if so, are they included in your total amount per country?
    2 - Why 4 purchase/placement rounds?  Why doesn’t each player/country make all their purchases and placements at once?
    3 - Shouldn’t China also be allowed to purchase some Artillery since the Burma Road will be open at the start of the game?
    4 - Aside from the infantry restrictions, I assume there are no other restrictions as to how much or what units you can place or which territories, regardless of IPC value?  For example, if they wished, Germany could buy all tanks and put them all along the Russian border?  OR, Germany could go less in land units and get a bigger navy?
    4A - Should there be some restrictions as to Naval placement?  For example, Germany couldn’t build a huge fleet right off of England in SZ 110.

@knp7765:

Definitely a different way to play.  I wonder what the outcome would be.  I have a few questions:
    1 - You mentioned ICs and air/naval bases staying as placed.  What about AA guns?  Can each country cash those in and if so, are they included in your total amount per country?
    I included AA Guns as facilities in the classic version.  I suppose with the changes to them we should decide as a community if they should still be included as facilities or as units?
    2 - Why 4 purchase/placement rounds?  Why doesn’t each player/country make all their purchases and placements at once?
    I believe placement should go in turn order with partial placements.  That way each side can adapt to what they are seeing the other do, as the politicians did in real life.
    3 - Shouldn’t China also be allowed to purchase some Artillery since the Burma Road will be open at the start of the game?
    I concur, China should be allowed to purchase Artillery as well.  However, they should be required to have infantry too so perhaps we need a rule stating that China needs 3 infantry for each 1 artillery?
    4 - Aside from the infantry restrictions, I assume there are no other restrictions as to how much or what units you can place or which territories, regardless of IPC value?  For example, if they wished, Germany could buy all tanks and put them all along the Russian border?  OR, Germany could go less in land units and get a bigger navy?
    Nope.  As long as each territory you control worth at least 2 IPC has 1 infantry per IPC the territory is worth on it, you can place as much of whatever unit you want on or in the adjacent sea zone of any territory you control.
    4A - Should there be some restrictions as to Naval placement?  For example, Germany couldn’t build a huge fleet right off of England in SZ 110.
    They may do so, because Holland is adjacent to SZ 110.  Likewise, England can do the same thing if they choose.

• @taschuler:

I wanted to get some feedback on a house rule where players purchase all of their units and place as they wish prior to the start using the total IPC values from Alpha 2 setup, and still using all Alpha 2 rules and National Objectives.

RULES:

• Additional Industrial Complexes and Naval/Air Bases may be purchased with the players cash, with the exception of China which may not build any of these

• Each territory with an IPC value of 2 thru 5 must have Infantry (Mechanized or regular) in a quantity of at least one less than the IPC value of the territory

• Territories with an IPC value higher than 6 must have at least 5 Infantry (see the United States mainland)

• There will be four placement turns prior to the first actual turn of the game. Each player purchases and places their units in reverse order of the normal turn order. France first, Italy second, etc.

• The Chinese player may only purchase (non-mechanized) Infantry and a single Fighter, but the Chinese player is not required to purchase a Fighter

• A maximum of 2 IPCs can be carried over to the next turn, with the exception of turn 4 when up to 5 IPCs may be saved for the players first actual turn in the game

• Players cannot place units in territories other than their own with the exception of Japanese controlled China, France and UK (London), ANZAC and UK (London or Calcutta). The UK player must keep his two sides separate and cannot share money or place units on the other side of the map.

CASH PER PLAYER PER TURN (in placement order):

• UK (Calcutta) (Total 130): 33 for the first two turns, 32 for the last two turns

• UK (London) (Total 318): 80 for the first two turns, 79 for the last two turns

Im sorry, forgive my ignorance, but which number is the money ammount players get? And could someone please explain this rule more clear as I dont exactly understand. Im sorry.

• @BigBadBruce:

So here too you muted me and the post after me who pointed out you annonce yourself free for a new game, but refuse to carry on an ongoing game to avoid the lost?

Is it how you’ll rule your Tournament? If I see and point out incoherence of yours, you’ll just delete my poste secretly?
    I wonder How long this post will last Jennifer. Or course, I get screen shots of all posts I guess you’ll delete.

Amazing how you use your Moderator priviledges… I thouth it was to remove unpolite and disgraceful post… but it seems we also have to speak like you to be allowed to post.

I recommend you make your accusations in private or to the more senior moderators.  Publically accusing a moderator is a good way to make a moderator displeased with you.  I have been down that road before and it ended up very badly for myself and for that moderator (who is no longer with us).  Personally, I’ve grown a very thick skin over the years and get let much of the accusations and slander roll off rather harmlessly, but it is not the wisest action to irritate a moderator when such irritation can be avoided.

As for your missing posts:

1)  You should ensure you get the confirmation screen after you post.  You can flag your posts so they return you to them after they have been submitted.  Perhaps (and I am not logged onto your machine, so I cannot say for certainty) your posts were lost in transit.

2)  You tend to come off rather hostile and inflamatory.  Perhaps one of the other moderators removed your post because they felt there was no redeeming qualities in it?  I have done this three times in the past to various other parties and emailed them with reasons why. (Although editing like I am doing can be more productive.)

3)  Perhaps you are experiencing an error with the system.  A few of our more established users have been having troubles with their posts as well.

Lastly, what I choose to do or not do on my own time is my business.  Our game was a test of MULTIPLE UNTRIED THEORIES which included, but is not limited too, Global40 Candian Shield, London Evactuation, American Capitol Warship Program, Japanese Turtle, Chinese Multi-Culturalism, etc, etc, etc.  It was not a “by the book” Japan-crush as described anywhere.  Further, I did offer you a rematch in the future when real life obligations are met and I have more time, so please don’t attempt word your statements in such a way as to insinuate that I am attempting to slight you.

I’m not sure who I’m answering to but here it is…

1. Not only I ensured to get confirmation but I used a different browser to make sure I get fresh “get” from server… I kinna know how it works. Besides, not only my post but someone else’s post also disapeared, in same thread… which was a “quote” from my post!

2. Hostile and inflamatory? First blood wasn’t my action, I only answered in same manner. Look at my posts. I never, ever, answered hostile to anyone else. If I get attacked, I answer, (newly) moderator or not.

3. Perhaps. I won’t insist, I rather put this behind and move on.

Oh! so It’s you Jenn… so I undsertand with last para. I clearly challenged you over your claim that Alpha2 was broken. I don’t see how you could have understand it otherwise. Not a good time to try anything else : it was specially to challenge your claim! OOB rules is (badly) broken, from day 1 I played this game, Axis never ever got a single chance to win. So I was very shock to have spent over 180$ for a broken game (I have almost all A&A boxes), I felt it was very poorly play tested. Alpha+2 was a salvation. I so love it and I will defend it against claims I feel not correct. I sure don’t want an alpha3 go back to OOB’s problem.

Anyway, back to our issue. As I answered you (not sure where), I’ll accept any challenge. But I felt played when you choose (so I understood anyway) to cancel the currect game + claiming you are winning (which I disagree) because you lack of time… but offer to start new games on 2 different threads. What would you have think?

Furthermore, you argue you lost only 1 game (not counting ours) over 40+ games… but, I get messages and I see threads where you lost. So, again, what would you think at my place?

All that being said. I put it behind and wont go back to this unless you do. I accept your challenge for a rematch, and we’ll play at the time and pace that fit you. You take over your shoulder to manage a Tournament and I’m very greatful for this. I know it’s time consuming and I appreciate you doing it for us (including me).

I think that UK cannot avoid a succesful Sea Lion by itself and I feel allies can’t win without London. If I’m proved wrong I’ll be honest and clearly admit my bad.

• What he says is too. I saw both his and the other players post as well and they are both missing so it was no error of any sort it was clearly deleted by some moderator. And to thatonekid she clearly can moderate this page as evidenced by her edit of Bruces post.

• well i find this all quite odd. it says at the top of the page that jen is not one of the 3 moderators

• my advice to you BBB is to not get to steamed up about what others say. i mean it is the internet and people say dumb sh*t all the time. my advice to you jen is to accept defeat when it exists, or simply explain the instance, such as you were using theories. and dont abuse your power. tried to be of some service, and not take a side :)  :mrgreen:

• Yep, I agree to both your advices. Let’s move on, some players are waiting for my turns and I’ll focus on those games to catch up in next days.

I also must say that I really enjoy this site as I was always quickly and kindly answered to my question, I had excellent games with great players and I faced tricks and tactics that both surprised me and learned from. My game stats do not reflect how tight games were and lucky I got in some games.

I look forward the tournament and to play more and more games, AAG40+ Alpha 2 rocks!  8-)

• @taschuler:

I wanted to get some feedback on a house rule where players purchase all of their units and place as they wish prior to the start using the total IPC values from Alpha 2 setup, and still using all Alpha 2 rules and National Objectives.

RULES:

• Territories with an IPC value higher than 6 must have at least 5 Infantry (see the United States mainland)

CASH PER PLAYER PER TURN (in placement order):

Kinna introduce a Risk’s placement, I love it.
    This sounds very interesting. I would allow Chian to build Art, as they have Burma road open. Also I would also gives NO that qualifies after last purhcase, ie. more money for first turn expense. I would try such game, in 1vs1 game.

NO’s dont kick in until you are at war, so none should apply right away.

• @Cmdr:

NO’s dont kick in until you are at war, so none should apply right away.

True, but some are at war. So :
    Germany would get #1 and #5
    London would get #2
    China would get #1

England might get #1 as well if Germany does not place a submarine in an appropriate sea zone.

• Customizer

A couple more questions:
    1 - I’m still unclear on Naval placement.  I understand that you can place ships in any SZ that borders one of your controlled territories.  What about placements in Sea Zones that don’t border your territories in the original setup:  EG British & French cruiser in SZ 112 which borders Norway, Denmark and W Germany - ALL German territories.  Is that no longer allowed in this new setup.  ALSO, the German submarines out in the middle of the Atlantic (SZ 103, 108, 117, 118 and 124).  Those sea zones are not adjacent to any territories.  Will that also no longer be allowed in the new setup?

2 - There seems to be collaberation allowed between France, UK and ANZAC.  Can France place units in the UK and visa-versa?  Can ANZAC place units in UK territories and visa-versa?  Is there a limit to how many “foreign” units that can be placed in each countries’ territories?

I’m looking forward to trying this out and I just want to get the rules clear first.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m