• Customizer

Coastal guns don’t fire at transports, ONLY warships.
    Also, I think hitting at 2 is a little strong.

• no they should make it so you can take out transports as well as warships

• Coastal guns don’t fire at transports, ONLY warships.
    Also, I think hitting at 2 is a little strong.

Not if your heavy cruiser and battleships take two hits.

• heavy cruiser???

• Heavy cruiser = house rules.

• Thanks ill check it out

• Customizer

In our AAA games we have a coastal artillery rule, but its quite a bit more limited:

“Shore Guns:
    Coastal artillery was largely outmoded during WWII, except in the 5 territories underlined below. Ownership of these units depends upon the ownership of the territory, as they cannot be moved. When passing between the sea zones: 12 &13 (Gibraltar), 15 & 16 (Turkey), 5 & 6 (Norway), 6 & 7 (United Kingdom & Northwestern Europe), all enemy naval units except submarines, must endure 1 cycle of fire from Anti-ship guns located in the above territories. Coastal Artillery units attack as Antiaircraft guns, but count as 2 hits to Battleships.  Once a territory with coastal artillery is successfully invaded, the shore guns are destroyed.”

Our rules on them are based on the assumption they’re taken out before/during an amphibious invasion.  Granted, the above is more for simplicity’s sake yet adding some flavor. This also goes with the rest of our AAA House rules
    ( http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20025.90 ), not too sure how it would perform with Global.   :-)  And BTW, the coastal artillery FMG sells for the game Singapore 1942 are excellent representations…

• i think that would work but what was the ipc cost

• Customizer

@450thMSAF:

i think that would work but what was the ipc cost

No IPC cost on mine… not sure if you were referring to my post or not  :|

• i meant what do you price it at e.g. Infantry 3 Artillery 4 etc…

• Customizer

I don’t think he has an IPC price.  You can’t buy these coastal guns.  They only have them in the three territories he mentioned (Gibraltar, Norway and Turkey).  Whoever owns these territories automatically have the coastal guns.
    Plus, if an enemy power invades these territories, the guns are destroyed so you won’t have them the rest of the game.

• I think that they should be treated like an AA Gun you can move them 1 space (Non-Combat Move Only) Move the cost to 8 IPCS, They may be placed on a transport to be moved, Cannot be Destroyed Unless they are on a transport and the Transport is Sunk, Otherwise I dont think they should be placed on 3 territories and thats it I would also like it if you could put multible Coastal Guns in 1 space Becasue if i could choose where i would put it i would defend the coasts of America Becasuse Everytime I play Allies with a good percentage of my troops Out taking Austraialia Japan Comes in and Strikes If I take out some of the Bombarding Ships and the Transports I would Proboly be Ok but with one of these that wont do the job im thinking that you could put multiple Costal Guns in one space, Here is a Example Japan is Attacking with 2 Battleships and 10 Transports carrying 2 Infantry each. On land i Have 6 Tanks, 7 Infantry

DiceRolls: 2@4; Total Hits: 22@4: (3, 1)

DiceRolls: 2@12; Total Hits: 22@12: (1, 3)

• sorry bout
    DiceRolls: 12@2; Total Hits: 612@2: (2, 4, 2, 2, 4, 4, 5, 5, 1, 2, 2, 3)

DiceRolls: 2@4; Total Hits: 22@4: (1, 1)

• see i lost 2 troops they lost twelve

DiceRolls: 8@1; Total Hits: 28@1: (4, 1, 2, 5, 1, 3, 2, 5)

DiceRolls: 5@3 5@2; Total Hits: 35@3: (2, 6, 6, 1, 4)5@2: (3, 6, 5, 2, 3)

• DiceRolls: 5@1; Total Hits: 05@1: (2, 2, 3, 2, 5)

:aaa 3@2 5@3

• sorry

DiceRolls: 3@2 5@3; Total Hits: 43@2: (2, 5, 6)5@3: (4, 2, 1, 1, 4)

• and i won even though they still have a troop :-D

• Customizer

@knp7765:

I don’t think he has an IPC price.  You can’t buy these coastal guns.  They only have them in the three territories he mentioned (Gibraltar, Norway and Turkey).  Whoever owns these territories automatically have the coastal guns.
    Plus, if an enemy power invades these territories, the guns are destroyed so you won’t have them the rest of the game.

Oops - sorry for the delayed response.  Yes, these are not purchased, as the description implies - coastal artillery was largely outmoded except where terrain “funneled” ships.  It’s 5 territories they’re in, and they are destroyed if the territory is taken with a successful amphibious assault, not by a strictly land take over.  This form of coastal artillery house rule was specifically designed for AAA50, and fit nicely with the other house rules I linked to earlier… that’s why I wasn’t so sure about them working with global - you’d have to mod it, certainly put a price on them.  I’d make them the cost of AAguns… and have first time shots when an amphibious assault is taking place - but then you’d have to make it possible to destroy them with concentrated off-shore bombardments and strategic bombing raids.  And not only that… some coastal artillery was taken out in special ops missions… in short, we didn’t wish to make a whole new set of rules for coastal artillery. That’s why we limited ours, that and the fact that they solve some other rules issues in AAA50th.  In regard to making them mobile… that is a little too far fetched for me.  They were too big and heavy to be moved quickly, these monstrosities were made to shoot far out to sea.  And there’s also the fact of positioning, they often had to be placed in terrain that was very rough - whole fortresses were built around them. But at the end of the day… it is a WWII flavored game with some liberties so… who’s to say tech. didn’t go a different way I guess.  Whatever floats your boat - or sinks it.  :evil:

• Sponsor

After they were built they were moved on large flat bed train cars, but once installed, and where ever installed, they were there for good.

• Customizer

@Young:

After they were built they were moved on large flat bed train cars, but once installed, and where ever installed, they were there for good.

The majority of them yeah, except for the likes of those on Wake island or the Japanese ones on Betio.  But by no means were they mobile like field artillery or even AA guns.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m