• '21 '18 '17 '15

Hi all, i have owned the 2nd edition for many years, has seen a lot of wear, am using it to introduce my boys to the aaa world. I dont get many real opponents, most of my games have been solitaire and it doesn’t work the best that way. I did paint all the units a long time ago, didn’t do the infantry but was quite pleased with my results. Does anyone still play?

• The short answer is yes, just in different venues if you will.  Face to face can be tough to find opponents, Play by email (PBEM) is available on this site.  Another is using personal computer (PC) program originally made on CD now downloadable via the internet.

The starterpack and a warzone can be found at “ewarzone.com/aa” (sorry I’m not old enough to post links yet). :-P  The program is Classic AA (aka 2nd & 3rd editions) you can play solo, against computer (limited AI) or online in the game lobby (warzone) vs others.

There’s also a method using e-maps, I’m not to well versed on.  Now days, as you can see on the forums here, the are a plethora a AA versions, each with its own variations.

• Indeed, there are those of us that still play. You can go to the following link that I recently found ewarzone.com/aa.html. Follow instructions, download AAstarterpackfull.exe or the other if you have a CD. Make sure to install WarzoneInstall.exe. This allows you to make a username and password on the host server where you can connect with others like myself and create a game of your choosing with whatever preferences you like. I hope this helps.

• Yes. It’s still a fun game, and it doesn’t take all day, compared to the new ones, but I mainly just play it on the computer.

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Yes, i wish i had a dedicated room that i could keep mine setup in, also dont always have much time so i end up playing on the computer. I really love playing with the pieces though. Thanks for the replies

• @dangermouse650:

Yes, i wish i had a dedicated room that i could keep mine setup in, also dont always have much time so i end up playing on the computer. I really love playing with the pieces though. Thanks for the replies

You could just grab the pieces from the game and play with them like that, or you can try axis and allies miniatures.

• Got the game, can’t find the players.

• Hello. And Bye.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I just taught it to my kids…great starter game…feed the addiction, let it grow, then wham them with Global 1940!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m