Is it possible for Russia to build a navy and still win?

I believe there is a thread around here somewhere that explains the benefit of teching as Japan.
    Infact, I think SUD (Soon U Die) makes a very similar post to Guest’s.

Speaking from experience, it is very hard to counter Japan with HB and IT when they have 4+ boms.
    Kobu has used this strat well against me and with 4 HB you’re able to wipe out 2 Allied banks, and with 6 HB you can hit all three allies. No matter how far the Allies have spread or how much damage they have done, if you have NO CASH you can’t win. Eventually the world will turn yellow.

• I guess I could see RUS having a navy in certain RARE instances.

Like the following:

US is taken out by JAP and GER is taken out by RUS … thus, leaving UK & RUS vs. JAP. This would be an interesting situation … especially if the JAPs had sufficient control of some or most of Asia and/or perhaps a little bit of Africa.

IPC Chart something like the following:
    JAP - 70
    UK - 32
    RUS - 45

Could happen … I guess – anything’s possible.

• Could be that we’re the same person Darth :)

• I thought you were Mr. Brink. My apologies. Aren’t you registered here?

The thought did cross my mind, but I wasn’t prepared to make that claim, however, I thought a simple reference would do.

• Kobu,

Yes I am registered…but about 5-6 months ago I left on extended business and was unable to post/keep up. I was home very briefly, and now I am away again for 3 months…only I have some time to check in.

In between, I have forgotten my password/left it at home.

Being stubborn & lazy :) I refuse to create a new account or seek help.

So, I have just been hanging out the past week or so as Guest.

SUD

• ahhhhh SUD . . . always a pleasure :D

• Russia could (heavy emphasis on could) build a Navy… but what would it do with it? Become a greedy bastard and take France without letting the Anglos have it? :roll:

Red Europe :o

• No the idea was building a Russian Navy after Germany had fallen but the Japanese player wouldn’t give up with out a fight.

• Russia’s role is containing the Japanese on the ground… and if the Japanese player knows what it’s doing, E. Russia should be encircled by now. I say let the Americans handle the sea.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m