• Axis and Allies is one of my hobbies but I am more of an avid fisherman. Just curious if any of you guys are.

• '10

@GoSanchez6:

Axis and Allies is one of my hobbies but I am more of an avid fisherman. Just curious if any of you guys are.

Have been for some time.

• Love it. Actually, that’s all I can think about right now (except A&A, obviously).

I live in Arkansas, the fisherman’s paradise. I bought a river kayak a few weeks ago to start fishing the local hard-to-get-to-areas, but I’m still not quite sure what I’m supposed to do when I hook a 10-pound bass in that tiny, rickety little boat. :-D I caught a few perch and crappie the other day and put them on a stringer attached to the kayak. Even those little guys were pulling my boat around.

Got a favorite catch?

• @GoSanchez6:

Axis and Allies is one of my hobbies but I am more of an avid fisherman. Just curious if any of you guys are.

Love fishing! it was my first love.

• @Zhukov_2011:

Love it. Actually, that’s all I can think about right now (except A&A, obviously).

I live in Arkansas, the fisherman’s paradise. I bought a river kayak a few weeks ago to start fishing the local hard-to-get-to-areas, but I’m still not quite sure what I’m supposed to do when I hook a 10-pound bass in that tiny, rickety little boat. :-D I caught a few perch and crappie the other day and put them on a stringer attached to the kayak. Even those little guys were pulling my boat around.

Got a favorite catch?

How do you like kayaking? The family has been thinking about getting into the sport.
    Best catch was a 10 lb albino channel cat from our three acre family lake. Took my entire 5th grade summer break but I caught the fish!

• YOU GUY LIKE FISSING TOO?  OMG ive been fising carp, perch, carpies and bluegills as well as pumpkinseed neer my house for ages.  salmon, trout, cat fish, pike, musky sall good ……my beast…52 1/2" tiger musky, thnk god for my rod breaking before the line did.:)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I like shooting?

Fishing would be ok with Dynamite.

Kind of stopped fishing at age 12, after getting a 3 proing barbed fishhook surgically removed from my right eye.  Used to have a scar on the retina!  Faded and sluff off though a year later.

Maybe I’ll start again.  Trout used to be my fav.

• '10

@Gargantua:

I like shooting?

Fishing would be ok with Dynamite.

Kind of stopped fishing at age 12, after getting a 3 proing barbed fishhook surgically removed from my right eye.  Used to have a scar on the retina!  Faded and sluff off though a year later.

Maybe I’ll start again.  Trout used to be my fav.

Thats interesting Gar. I was into trapshooting back in my single days. At one time I thought that I would be doing it the rest of my life. But things and commitments change as you get older.

• @ABWorsham:

How do you like kayaking? The family has been thinking about getting into the sport.
    Best catch was a 10 lb albino channel cat from our three acre family lake. Took my entire 5th grade summer break but I caught the fish!

Man, I love it. I’ve got a few different types, one for playboating on Class III+ rapids, an ocean kayak and the one I just bought for the river ($200 brand new at Academy, an unbelievable deal).

They’re all very stable and much harder to tip than a canoe or a flat bottom with your 275 pound friend up front. I love the freedom of the kayak, its speed and its ability to reach places others in their bass boats can’t reach. I would definitely suggest getting the family involved in kayaking. It’s great exercise, there are few costs to enjoy a kayak besides the initial investment, and it’s a great way to see wildlife. I love to spend a weekend kayaking to some far off place, camping that night, and kayaking back, even if it’s just me out there.

AB, I would totally suggest you and the family get into kayaking, and I promise I’m not getting paid to say that. By the way, that was a nice catch, I presume it was good eating too?

Three-prong hook in the eye, eh Gar? I imagine that could be a pretty traumatic experience. Did you try using it as bait afterwards?

I like shooting as well. I’m not into hunting but hurling buckets of lead down range sure is a great way to relieve stress.  But damn, ammunition has gotten so expensive in the last few years that I just can’t afford to go shooting all the time anymore. I notice fewer and fewer people at the range every time I go.

• Cool I am glad I brought this topic up. Cminke that tiger muskie is impressive. I would have liked to seen that one. I belong to a group of amateur fisherman here in MO. We had a catfish tournament last week at a guys lake it was a BLAST. We BBqed after it and fried some of  the catfish in Uncle Bucks cajun batter it was better than the Brats.

• '10

@Zhukov_2011:

@ABWorsham:

Man, I love it. I’ve got a few different types, one for playboating on Class III+ rapids, an ocean kayak and the one I just bought for the river ($200 brand new at Academy, an unbelievable deal).

They’re all very stable and much harder to tip than a canoe or a flat bottom with your 275 pound friend up front. I love the freedom of the kayak, its speed and its ability to reach places others in their bass boats can’t reach. I would definitely suggest getting the family involved in kayaking. It’s great exercise, there are few costs to enjoy a kayak besides the initial investment, and it’s a great way to see wildlife. I love to spend a weekend kayaking to some far off place, camping that night, and kayaking back, even if it’s just me out there.

AB, I would totally suggest you and the family get into kayaking, and I promise I’m not getting paid to say that. By the way, that was a nice catch, I presume it was good eating too?

Three-prong hook in the eye, eh Gar? I imagine that could be a pretty traumatic experience. Did you try using it as bait afterwards?

I like shooting as well. I’m not into hunting but hurling buckets of lead down range sure is a great way to relieve stress.  But damn, ammunition has gotten so expensive in the last few years that I just can’t afford to go shooting all the time anymore. I notice fewer and fewer people at the range every time I go.

Yes, the expense is why I dropped shooting clays long ago. Still into fishing though.

• Allot of the kind of fishing that you do/love depends upon where you live.  Live near cold rivers, trout may be your favorite.  In the south, the bass grow large.  By the Sea, who knows what you’ll hook…

Fishing is the sport for eternal optomists!  We are forever believing that this cast will catch a whopper.

The relaxation that fishing has given me over the years has made my life extremely more fun and less stressful.

God Bless the fisherman!

• Axis roll I couldn’t have said any better myself. The next cast is the record breaker. Amen to that brother.

• Went to Gulf Shores, Alabama a year before the oil leak. The fishing was amazing. Caught a stingray and a shark plus all the catfish you could want.

I hung a good fish that broke my hook! I had just down sized my hook to catch the pesky little guys bugging my bait.

• '10

@ABWorsham:

Went to Gulf Shores, Alabama a year before the oil leak. The fishing was amazing. Caught a stingray and a shark plus all the catfish you could want.

I hung a good fish that broke my hook! I had just down sized my hook to catch the pesky little guys bugging my bait.

Those pesky little guys were probably pin fish. If you can net some of those they make great bait for catching redfish.

• '19 Moderator

My favorite is trout, as long as they are biting slow enough so I can drink my beer :wink:  I did have some fun with some huge Catfish type creatures in Baghdad a few years ago though.  I busted a bass pole before I got a good strong cat pole.

• '10

Speaking of redfish!

Misc. 043.jpg

• has any one fished for atlantic char?

• Ahhh fishing. A nice sport. Fun to attach the rod to your neck and take a nap. Then when you get a biter it chokes you and WHAM! Theres dinner.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m