• Operation Barbarossa all the way for this guy :)

Seriously, who doesn’t want to pound the Russians with everything you have?

• @cts17:

Operation Barbarossa all the way for this guy :)

Agreed

Plus any good player will see Sealion coming a mile off. Bomb  Moscow with german bombers and Jap bombers Start R2. This cripples the ruskies defence. The germans build heaps of mec drive for Moscow Quickly no stopping.

• @Chesty:

@cts17:

Operation Barbarossa all the way for this guy :)

The germans build heaps of mec drive for Moscow Quickly no stopping.

Why buy mechs? Why not a steady stream of inf headed for the Caucasus from your newly built Romainian IC?

• @Chesty:

Plus any good player will see Sealion coming a mile off. Bomb  Moscow with german bombers and Jap bombers Start R2. This cripples the ruskies defence. The germans build heaps of mec drive for Moscow Quickly no stopping.

How can you hit Moscow with Japanese bombers on round 2? If Germany had Southern Ukraine you could fly your bombers over and start bombing on round 4 say. Although by round 4 you could probably just do it from China.

• i voted Sealion but really, I do a Sealion/Barborossa option turn 1-2.  Its kinda like running the option in football- gotta see if the DE bites first- either way you can run (Sealion) or pitch (Barborossa). :-D

• I was going to say barbarossa but the third option would have made me feel stupid so I chose to watch allied moves… I once played a gy who bought three destroyers as england first turn so I captured england with three transports and only taking two casualties… but usually I go for the Russians

• Sponsor

I have gone for sealion and I have seen all my opponents go for sealion. Although it’s successful most of the time, It seems that afterwards Germany has no mussle to deal with the Russian build up. Than the war falls on the Japs. I am open to alternatives for the Gerrys.

• I was meaning Germans Starts it Strategic Bombing campaign r2, Japs start R4 flying from airbase in suiyuyan built r3. That is what is was meaning.

• Also Building any extra Industrial complexes with the germans is a waste of time, Thats why I build a mec force for eastern front They get there quickly and you can build more of them then the  russians can make men as the Russian income is dropping round by round by taking territory and Bombing.

• I always built transports turn 1, so as to force the British to decide to build up infantry or abandon their capital. If they abandon it, it is totally worth while to take it, if they defend it, they have 9 inf that will sit there for a long time, and then I attack russia through the Baltic with the transports.

• Customizer

I usually buy 2 transports and a CV for Germany round 1 and try to kill as much Royal Navy as possible.  If I am successful in sinking the UK ships, then I have to see what England buys.  If they plop a bunch of guys on London for defense, I will start building up for Barbarossa and use my Luftwaffe to keep the Royal Navy at bay.  If UK tries to start rebuilding their fleet and / or puts too much on the South African IC for fighting Italy, that usually means less guys on London so I will go Sealion with 3 Transports of men and artillery plus ALL of my remaining Luftwaffe.  It’s usually successful then.

One thing though, it also depends on how much Luftwaffe survived the round 1 attack on the Royal Navy.  If Britain scrambles all her fighters to the different sea zones, and I have bad dice, the Luftwaffe could get mauled and I might not have enough to attempt a Sealion.  In that case, I usually start building for Barbarossa while also trying to rebuild the Luftwaffe and hope that I have enough planes and subs to still keep the Royal Navy off my back.

• @ThomasJefferson:

I always built transports turn 1, so as to force the British to decide to build up infantry or abandon their capital. If they abandon it, it is totally worth while to take it, if they defend it, they have 9 inf that will sit there for a long time, and then I attack russia through the Baltic with the transports.

yes. That’s usually what i do.

• i generally prefer sealion for the extra cash and giving italy a free hand in the med but if a player builds heavy inf the extra couple transports still are useful for russia.

• I usually build a carrier and 2 transports G1.  I prefer trying to take Moscow over London but I think it is good to put pressurre on UK to focus on London defense first rather than winning in Africa.

If I am going for Russia I usually will spend 40 points on Artillery G2 at the Germany Complex.

• I think the perception is that you’re closer to all the 2 IPC Russian territories, but, the reality is that East Poland is better to stage attacks from because you can go north or south. You can hit Bessarabia easier from there and then by extension North and South Ukraine, but, I’m not sold that it’s a good build. Atleast with an all infantry buy you can still go Sea Lion if the Brits let themselves get weak, the Major IC pretty much commits you to south Russia because you don’t want to later decide to try Sea Lion and have the Red Army take that territory.

• I go Barbarossa on G1. Blitzkrieg all the way.

• I dont think the germans can waste time building a Industrial complex. I’ved used Mec Inf From Germany and I bought 4 tanks in the first round so by r5 I’m on Moscows door step with about 16 tanks  8 art and 9 inf and 26 mec units getting Mec units from Germany and also now lenningrad. The russians are losing money and can not pull away in the race to build inf foder. If you keep this up and the japs hassle from other side it puts you in with a chance to attack and win moscow. If russians make a mistake and send units down to the middle east or out to confront the japs your in with a big chance. I find spending the time building a complex plus also the money spent gives the russians to much time to gather their defence and makes attacking in a drawn out campaign nearly completely impossible.
    Has anyone else had success attacking russia without the Germans buildig a complex. “Go for broke, winter isnt a factor!”(Chesty Wilmot).  :-D

• Customizer

Actually, I usually will buy a MINOR IC for Germany and put it in Norway.  Sometimes I will put a MINOR IC in Romania too, but it depends on how the forces are down there.  I find that the Major IC in Berlin is usually sufficient to supply both the southern drive and the eastern drive into Russia.  I need some tanks and mechs up north.  Usually that is the force that takes Leningrad along with air power and unless I have an IC up there, I have always found it hard to supply those troops, especially if UK is still in the game because they are harrassing my navy too much.

• about Germany buying a minor: please correct me if I’m wrong, but, doesn’t the USSR have a minor IC in Ukraine in alpha+2? if I’m right, all Germany has to do is taking that IC and voilá! they got one right where they need it the most…

• Customizer

Yeah, Gallo Rojo, you have a point there.  That’s one reason why I don’t usually get a minor IC for Romania any more.  That was I buy I usually made before the latest set up change where Larry added the minor IC in the Ukraine.  Now I will usually just pile up on the southern front so I can take that one from the Russians.  I still like to get a minor for Norway though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m