Which country do you go with now that you know how to play a3

• :-D

• Axis. Every time. No one argues with me. Is amazing what effect a tantrum has on close friends!

• USA+Anzac.

USA is the only nation that doesn’t have a scripted play during US1.

• US absolutely has a scrpited turn 1…

• I disagree Commando Bravo.

Some ppl buy 2carriers 1bb and move everything to Hawaii,

Some ppl build 3bombers 1cv, move the starting bomber in EUS and produce 3 more there. Carrier in sz10.

Some ppl build full Atlantic and make sure Hawaii and Anzac are turtled enough.

Some ppl mass prouce bombers to sink any Italian/German navy or reinforce Russia with them.

Some ppl spam carriers/fighters.

And I could add more.

• @Noll:

I disagree Commando Bravo.

Some ppl build 3bombers 1cv, move the starting bomber in EUS and produce 3 more there. Carrier in sz10.

Some ppl mass prouce bombers to sink any Italian/German navy or reinforce Russia with them.

And I could add more.

Agreed. US has a vast array of options at its disposal, and is especially reactive to the Axis.

• Two people had pity for France…

• I believe some people still there.

• In the other versions of Axis and allies I love the USA the most. But in the newest global rules I enjoy Germany quite a bit(or Japan). I am 2 for 2 when playing Germany.

• TripleA

duh the axis dominate again.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I don’t know Cow…

The axis are ok… but by no means impervious… I’ve seen your play.  You couldn’t even sack moscow against a guy who had terrible luck, and the word NEWB in his name!

• @Noll:

I disagree Commando Bravo.

And I could add more.

Well, I guess you could say that every country doesn’t have a scripted Turn 1. IMHO, the only countries that have a scripted Turn 1 are Germany, Japan and the US. I’m a big proponent of the US utilizing a KGF strategy. I just believe that a lot of people don’t marshal the US forces correctly. I guess if Germany or Japan does something crazy like Japan declares war the US J1, then the US might change their opening move. But, most Germany Turn 1 moves involve taking out SZ110, SZ111, SZ112 and trying to take out SZ106, then DOW’ing Russia on Turn 2 or Turn 3. And Japan usually goes after China and maybe Russia Turns 1, 2 and 3, depending on what the Allies do in the Pacific, usually leads to a standard opening US move… But, you’re right, the opening US move depends on what the US player does. But again, I just think most people don’t play the US correctly…

• @Gargantua:

I don’t know Cow…

The axis are ok… but by no means impervious… I’ve seen your play.  You couldn’t even sack moscow against a guy who had terrible luck, and the word NEWB in his name!

:lol:

• This is what I think the best US opening move is :

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=27568.30

• TripleA

I don’t know Cow…

The axis are ok… but by no means impervious… I’ve seen your play.  You couldn’t even sack moscow against a guy who had terrible luck, and the word NEWB in his name!

The question was which country do you go with?

The allies are boring, the axis are fun, so obviously everyone wants to play the axis regardless of the odds to win or lose.

Why do you guys link to battlemaps? Only the 100 people that use it will see it and have already seen it, everyone else does not care enough to bother.

If your usa opener is not full pacific, no ones cares. Global is just not europe centric anymore for me. As allies I either shut japan down before russia falls or I lose… It is pretty simple.

I used to do the whole balanced buy thing, but the problem is… when it works… the game goes past round 10 and no one wants to play anymore.

A board game kinda has to wrap itself up after so many hours. Usually the axis try to do it, but some people are special and you got to make them race.

• @Cow:

I used to do the whole balanced buy thing, but the problem is… when it works… the game goes past round 10 and no one wants to play anymore.

A board game kinda has to wrap itself up after so many hours. Usually the axis try to do it, but some people are special and you got to make them race.

Amen to that, it can sometimes be mind numbing when the game becomes a battle for egypt.

• You can pretty much tell how the game is going to go after G3 when they should have attacked Russia by then.  If they won those fights easy then Moscow is likely to fall in a couple of turns. The USA can’t get there fast enough to stop it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m