Convoy Raiding, and intention to to raid question

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Observe Sz97.

Lets say the Americans put a sub in Sz97.  Lets assume that mean that the italians lose - 2 IPC’s on their collect income phase for southern / or nothern italy?

But the question remains… if the Germans have Yugoslavia, are they ALSO -2 on their turn?

I guess the question is… if you are in the “zone” convoy raiding, is it assessed each GAME turn? Or each Country turn?  And when do you declare your intention to raid?  And does it matter what territory you pick? Or are all territories fair game? even if that means the raiding ability DOUBLES because more than one nation is involved?

I assumed that Italy and Germany would BOTH be -2 from 1 sub in Sz97, but a friend is convincing me otherwise… please let me know!

• In the rules it states that you must check at the end of each powers turn to remove convoy IPCs. So yes at the end of Italys turn you would remove IPCs then if the sub was still there at the end of Germanys turn then you would remove IPCs. You dont have to declare your intention to raid, as long as you are war with the country you are convoy raiding and you are in the correct sea zone the IPCs have to be removed. Its up to everyone playing to check for these convoy raids. Also…… If you were not at war with Germany then you would only raid at the end of Italys turn.

Convoy Raiding is powerful if used correctly. Germany has the advantage of this as they only have 1 original territory that can be raided plus if you play their 3 IPCs per sub rule. If Germany managed to send subs to areas where there is less of a naval route for the allies it could pretty much cripple the allies as they would have to go out of their way to get rid of the subs or face losing IPCs

• @TheDefinitiveS:

In the rules it states that you must check at the end of each powers turn to remove convoy IPCs. So yes at the end of Italys turn you would remove IPCs then if the sub was still there at the end of Germanys turn then you would remove IPCs. You dont have to declare your intention to raid, as long as you are war with the country you are convoy raiding and you are in the correct sea zone the IPCs have to be removed. Its up to everyone playing to check for these convoy raids. Also…… If you were not at war with Germany then you would only raid at the end of Italys turn.

Agreed - raiding works on every country’s turn (if at war)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

A “game turn”  is a “round”

a “player turn” is a countries “move” in a “round”

Like when asking, what inning, period, or quarter is it?  A friend might ask you, what “round” or “turn/game turn” is it?

Thank you for the clarifications gentleman.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m