Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for Abattlemap

• @TMTM:

@Kobu:

Nice. I’ll have to get used to the map colorings.

One thing on these maps I’ve never been able to figure out, or maybe just get to work, is the auto convoy. Is that what the last post refers to? I’ve got it marked and ship movements don’t change the “Convoy” numbers in any way.

right… I guess I should remove that… to do convoy damage you need to use the damage marker on the toolbar… the ships don’t automatically do the damage… you need to calculate it manually and place the # of markers for each damage point in the seazone the damage is accruing

This is the marker on the far right of the Toolbar? I tried that and don’t see any numbers changing on the InfoView.  :?

• @Kobu:

@TMTM:

@Kobu:

Nice. I’ll have to get used to the map colorings.

One thing on these maps I’ve never been able to figure out, or maybe just get to work, is the auto convoy. Is that what the last post refers to? I’ve got it marked and ship movements don’t change the “Convoy” numbers in any way.

right… I guess I should remove that… to do convoy damage you need to use the damage marker on the toolbar… the ships don’t automatically do the damage… you need to calculate it manually and place the # of markers for each damage point in the seazone the damage is accruing

This is the marker on the far right of the Toolbar? I tried that and don’t see any numbers changing on the InfoView.  :?

Right… its the transport that looks like its on fire… the reason it might not be damaging is you might not have put a flag in the box that you are now at war with that country… you need to be at war with the country you are damaging… you’ll need to put the appropriate flag in the Diplomatic chart.

• @TMTM:

Right… its the transport that looks like its on fire… the reason it might not be damaging is you might not have put a flag in the box that you are now at war with that country… you need to be at war with the country you are damaging… you’ll need to put the appropriate flag in the Diplomatic chart.

I put German damage marker in SZ 109. Nothing. Try a British one and nothing. I marked everyone being at war with everyone, different markers in many different sea zones, and nothing.

• Is have the one with tigerman’s  '39 map. It looks good

• Mistake in map

In Jeh there is soviet art rather than Jap

To edit replace the SU Art with Jap Art and then save the map file in the t40.gim file

This means that you don’t need to replace it at the start of every game

• The Soviets are also missing quite a bit of their setup. I haven’t looked around for other problems but that one was rather obvious.

• @Kobu:

@TMTM:

I put German damage marker in SZ 109. Nothing. Try a British one and nothing. I marked everyone being at war with everyone, different markers in many different sea zones, and nothing.

it works for me… the game starts with uk and germany at war… i put a german damage marker in z109 and it shows damage on the infoview… as you add the damage marker you dont see the damage change?

• Correct. It doesn’t do anything.

map.jpg

• beta2 is avaliable for download… its been updated with a new Start.aam file. gamerman01 made it. Thanks!

• @Kobu:

Correct. It doesn’t do anything.

Hi, I’ve updated the files… redownload and unzip it and replace the old files. Then open abattlemap and from the toolbar grab the unit just right of the aa gun… its the last unit on the toolbar and place it in z109 or z119… you should see on the Infoview screen damage occuring… does anything else not see damage occur?

• What version of abattlemap are you using? this could cause this issue if you don’t have the latest version.

• @Stoney229:

@TMTM:

I’d like to see Attlia add some more to the code…

I think you know that’s not gonna happen, but hopefully H will take care of it this summer if/when he has time.  If I’m not around this summer, you should remind/mention it to him because I’d not noticed this bug before and it therefore wasn’t in the list I think I gave him of bugs needing fixed.

@TMTM:

@Minor:

hey guys,
    I DL the files now what? how do i run this?  :|

I recommend trying Funetioneta’s module that is stickyed above this topic… you first need abattlemap and the upgrade that comes with the pacific 1940 module before my module will work for you.

I recommend pointing people to HolKann’s installer instead (it includes 0.80+), since it’s easier to find and doesn’t require any registration, and since there are a million "pacific 1940 module"s he could download before actually downloading Atti’s outdated one that you are referring to

do you have this? try HolKann’s installer

• @TMTM:

What version of abattlemap are you using? this could cause this issue if you don’t have the latest version.

0.80 alpha1. I re-installed in a new folder and now it works. I didn’t even know what you meant by “damage” on the infoview, but it’s all working now. Thanks!

• 2007 AAR League

@TMTM:

beta2 is avaliable for download… its been updated with a new Start.aam file. gamerman01 made it. Thanks!

Is there a link to beta2?

• @Emperor:

@TMTM:

beta2 is avaliable for download… its been updated with a new Start.aam file. gamerman01 made it. Thanks!

Is there a link to beta2?

All updates will be at the top of the first page of this post. Here is the link you need http://www.axisandallies.us/T40beta2.zip

Please let me know of any errors or corrections needed.

• 2007 AAR League

Just a minor fix, SZ22 needs a Jap flag.

• @Emperor:

Just a minor fix, SZ22 needs a Jap flag.

Thanks! Let me know of any more. Do the NO’s work good? I’m going to update them a touch… and take out the manually add from the NO’s that are only collect once and add a box that you move your flag from the collect box to the used box… so it will add them to the cash total and also keep track that you already collect it once.

• If possible, it would be tremendous if you could change the order of countries in the info bar and tool bar to match actual turn order of Alpha2.

• Btw, the bigger size of zones and territories (compared to previous modules) is wonderful.

If you’re adding insignificant roundels to the Pacific, then I will ask again that you delete the language in the Chinese NO about using USA artillery.  That is irrelevant at best and confusing at worst because we have Chinese artillery units.  Also, Alpha2 rules are presently 8 cities in Europe theater, and 6 in Pacific, so the start map should have like 8 German icons and 6 Jap icons……  Also, I’m not sure the USSR/Jap NAT box is needed anymore with the new 12 IPC NO’s…  Whatever you think.

Now if I can sit down sometime and actually figure out how to change the background colors, I’ll be really happy…  :lol:

• @The:

Is have the one with tigerman’s  '39 map. It looks good

I may not have time for a while to do this one… I’ve seen it… I could help someone if they do some work on it like the outline etc. Would be glad to give you some tips before you get started to help it be more sucessful.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m