94Canuck's Global 1940 Alpha + 2 Setup Charts and Game Aids

• Does this contain all changes from first version or only from alpha 1?

• TripleA

What does the title say? Lol.

This is for Alpha +2

• '17 '16 Customizer

Very nice work! I greatly appreciate your help in learning and setting up Alpha+2.
    Some questions though.

1. Really? Russia has 2 subs and no xport?
    2. Really? No Minor IC in New Zeeland?
  • TripleA

@Maddog77:

1. Really? Russia has 2 subs and no xport?
    2. Really? No Minor IC in New Zeeland?

Talk to Larry, not my calls, just reporting their changes.

• Nice work.  I just DL the battle board and the rules sheet.

Very good looking game aids.

• I printed these on white cardstock paper and they are AMAZING!!! I edited them and put a like 94Canuck signature on the bottom right of them so people would stop asking me if I made them  :-D

• Apologies if this is a double post, but when preparing these files for printing I noticed that the USA setup still had some white border around it which I needed to remove. You may want to update that.

• Beautiful work 94Canuck, I hope ya don’t get burnt out to fast by the many update requests, would be nice to see any other future project ideas I’m sure.

• First off, I really like the Charts, My buddy and I have played 2 turns of the game so far.  Before I start raising questions about the gameplay of a 1 on 1 game, are there any threads already on here for discussion of the Alpha +2 setup?

Thanks for all the hard work!

• Hey 94Canuck.

Very nice work.  These cover everything I could think to have a board for. 
    Definitely picking up the slack of reduced production for in-box boards.

Only change I can think of, and this is purely superficial and of my own opinion and more than likely not others, but I’d switch the two UK insignias as far as turn order goes so that London is represented by the Union Jack.

I can see how doing it the other way makes sense considering that all UK conquered territories are represented by the RAF symbol, but unless it’s simply the consensus of players that UK Europe flies the RAF Flag, I personally feel that London should really be sporting the Flag of the Empire, not Calcutta.  Like I said, debatable considering that one could probably argue India sporting the RAF roundel.

(Obviously this change has absolutely no real bearing on the game or gameplay and is only a matter of opinion)

• Hmm, how about a chart integrated into another one, that shows who’s at war with whom.  And maybe some player aids for each power, like in 50th.

• So at, say Staples, what are the best settings to print this?

• Will these excellent charts be updated for Alpha +3?

• @CraigBee:

Will these excellent charts be updated for Alpha +3?

+1

• TripleA

Yes they will.  I’m totally out of the AAA scene right now where I am living.  I haven’t played a game in way too long.  I will work on these charts and update ASAP.

• Great news. Thank you!

• TripleA

In reading it would appear in ~6 weeks everything will be final.  I am going to wait until that point to update to save doing it twice in the span of a month and a bit.  Sorry guys, I just don’t have the time right now.  I’ll keep an eye open for the ‘final’ rules etc.

• TripleA

Updated charts will be up in a few days.

• @94Canuck:

Updated charts will be up in a few days.

Can’t wait, thanks for letting us take advantage of all your hard work :)

C

• TripleA

@Zallomallo:

Hmm, how about a chart integrated into another one, that shows who’s at war with whom.  And maybe some player aids for each power, like in 50th.

I had given thought to the at war chart and messed around with some designs for it.  Nothing that I like enough to post just yet.

As for the player aids, there already is one.  They aren’t specific to each power, but you can print 2 per sheet and have as many as you need for each player if you want.  It seemed unnecessarily redundant to have a player aid that would just have a different country colour or logo in the background but all the same information.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m