UK Indian Ocean Fleet Strategy, the end of Japans dominance

• UK-Pacific 1
    Take Java & Sumatra with single Infantry
    Place fleet in 39, Build and load Aircraft Carrier, Collect 24

UK-Pacific 2
    Take Celebs, retreat transport but not INF from Java to SZ 37
    Build Battleship and Infantry, saving 1 IPC, Collect 27

UK-Pacific 3 (now likeley at war with Japan)
    Build 2nd Carrier and 2 subs, (or 1 sub 2 inf)

Your fleet is now too scary for Japan to simply brush aside
    Combined with a US build of 2 Carriers over 2 turns in the pacific, and placed at Hawaii, Japan now has more serious issues than attacking USSR or free reign over China.

Thoughts……and yes I know this risks losing India big time, but why hold onto a useless stack of Infantry there…UK pacific is in prime position to keep 20IPCs in limbo in the Dutch East Indies.

• What if you’re using alpha setup?

• I dont use Alpha in Global, at least not yet

It makes Japan just a bit too weak in my eyes on the global scale

• In this scenario, UK will have 2 BB, 2 CV(with 3 ftr, tac), CC, DD, 2 SS and 2 Transports, right?

• @oztea:

I dont use Alpha in Global, at least not yet

It makes Japan just a bit too weak in my eyes on the global scale

Not too weak. OOB, they’re too strong with 28 planes and 3 transports. Both sides lost the same number of planes and transports, and Japan got 3 extra inf, while India got 2.

• For alpha, how about this:
    UK1 buy CV and take Sumatra, collect 20
    UK2 buy BB and take Celebes(ANZAC having taken java), collect 23
    UK3 buy SS, 2 DD

• Interesting approach. Would you add ships from around Africa to it as well?

• no need
    the two pronged large fleets of the US and UK-Pacific tilt the scales in that theatre. Both are smaller than the combined japanese fleet.

But the combined japanese fleet cant be in two places at once, it can either reach for the DEI or protect the homefront. Also the two allied fleets can meet at australia under the right circumstances.

It was very problematic for my axis oponnent in our last game

• In my last game of global the UK player dominated with this strategy, he also built a CV with ANZAC and was able to harass the Japanese in the south central pacific as well as the DEI, with both of these fleets they severely weakened the Japanese and forced them to build lots of navy and little ground units against China and India, at UK’s height they were pushing 30 IPC’s! And this was with America going 100% Europe first. Japan was able to eventually overwhelm the UK fleet but at a terrible cost in ships and time. I believe this is the best allied strategy for the pacific.

Note: French player brought in destroyer form Africa to help out UK fleet, And Japan did not attack till J3.

• Good post. Sometimes when i am India i feel like i can delay the japanese forever on land if they go after the 18 siberian inf.  Wonder how this will work with japan’s land forces concentrated up there….probably even better lol.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Not too weak. OOB, they’re too strong with 28 planes and 3 transports. Both sides lost the same number of planes and transports, and Japan got 3 extra inf, while India got 2.

you find the Axis too strong in Global?  I like to reserve judgment this early on, but so far I’m finding the Axis quite challenging.

On topic, this strategy would leave Italy unmolested and invite a heavy India crush -  filling the coffers with a big bounty for Japan.  I’d be disinclined myself, but do let us know how it goes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m