Are the pieces of AA42 the same as their AA Global counterparts?

• I’m strongly thinking of using a box of AA42 as spare parts for AA Global. Particularly German subs, British cruisers/destroyers and a few more.

Are those the same as in AA Global?

• Many parts are the same - but some are new.  I have hashed together a whole pile of extra pcs from older games.  I like using the plastic Industrial complexes from the old games as Major Industrial complexes in the new game - I am even going to paint an anchor and plane on the sides of a few to save a little space in the territories that have Major Ind/airbase/naval base.  I also use the AA guns from my old games instead of the tokens.  I really can’t stand the tokens.  Maybe Field Marshal Games will make a set of plastic pcs to replace all the stupid tokens.  The big thing is extra chips from older games - can never get enough of those!

• Official Q&A

The pieces that are in AA42 are the same as those in AA40.  The differences, of course, are the pieces in AA40 that don’t exist in AA42, as well as ICs and AA guns.

• '12

Is Hasbro/WOTC/AH just blind to the demand for minis booster sets?  I guess FMG hopes so, lol.

• i have both the europe 1940 and the anniversary edition
    the pieces for russia and italy are different.

the italy piecies are the same as germans but in a different color (in anniversary they had different tanks and artillery)
    the russian pieces in europe 1940 are the same as the ones in 1942 (the one with the single board)
    the russian pieces in anniversary are the same as the ones in revised (3rd edition)

• '12

@Tommietomaat:

i have both the europe 1940 and the anniversary edition

the italy piecies are the same as germans but in a different color (in anniversary they had different tanks and artillery)
    the russian pieces in europe 1940 are the same as the ones in 1942 (the one with the single board)
    the russian pieces in anniversary are the same as the ones in revised (3rd edition)

The moulds were refreshed after anniversary.  So that means the new pieces are found in Spring 42, P40 and E40.

• @moralecheck:

@Tommietomaat:

i have both the europe 1940 and the anniversary edition

The moulds were refreshed after anniversary.  So that means the new pieces are found in Spring 42, P40 and E40.

Are the colors exactly the smae too or is there a shade of difference?

• the unitcolors of italy in anniversary and europe 1940 are the same
    but the quality of anniversary is a little bit poor.
    the europe ones look more sturdy

• @Tommietomaat:

the unitcolors of italy in anniversary and europe 1940 are the same
    but the quality of anniversary is a little bit poor.
    the europe ones look more sturdy

And how about the units of the other nations?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m