• If the French are at war with Japan, and Britain is not, can the French use a British naval base to attack a Japanese transport 3 spaces away?

• Official Q&A

Yes, because both powers are at war with someone.

• Customizer

America was not allowed to use Soviet bases to attack Japan, even though both countries were at war with Germany.

I would have said that the example given earlier would likely see a declaration of war arrive on the British Ambassador’s desk in Tokyo.

• Is what Flashman described also allowed(Americans landing in the USSR while both are at war with Germany and only the US at war with Japan and then attacking Korea from Amur?)

• Well why would you do that? There is an NO for Russia that is nullified if you have allies in her home territories. Less money=no bueno.

• @maverick_76:

Well why would you do that? There is an NO for Russia that is nullified if you have allies in her home territories. Less money=no bueno.

It’s only 5 ipc’s. Taking Korea/Manchuria is 6. Or, Archangel may be German so the NO is null anyway

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@maverick_76:

Well why would you do that? There is an NO for Russia that is nullified if you have allies in her home territories. Less money=no bueno.

It’s only 5 ipc’s. Taking Korea/Manchuria is 6. Or, Archangel may be German so the NO is null anyway

Plus if the US is able to keep Korea (maybe even w/Russia’s help def) US could build an IC there. If you do a major you might be able to out produce Jap in its own backyard.

• @WILD:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@maverick_76:

Plus if the US is able to keep Korea (maybe even w/Russia’s help def) US could build an IC there. If you do a major you might be able to out produce Jap in its own backyard.

But you also must wonder what is happening on the other board and also Korea could be tough to hold.

• '12

@WILD:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@maverick_76:

Very true. I’m not a big fan of Maj ICs built during play.  They seem to mess things up.  One house rule that might be neat though is not allowing a MAJ IC to be built straight up. You would  need to build a minor first and then upgrade it.  Rome wasn’t built in a day, as the saying goes.

• @moralecheck:

@WILD:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@maverick_76:

Very true. I’m not a big fan of Maj ICs built during play.  They seem to mess things up.  One house rule that might be neat though is not allowing a MAJ IC to be built straight up. You would  need to build a minor first and then upgrade it.  Rome wasn’t built in a day, as the saying goes.

Yea I like that, but the 3 ipc tt requirement instead of just 2 ipc kinda suggest that the tt would have the infrastructure to support a major. I do like your suggestion though and will explore it. You have to figure there are only a few powers that would invest in a major right off the bat (have the $ to do it). Jap in Asia, Germany in Romania, and the US in Korea or Norway.The UK (or Russia) would most likely be upgrading one of its starting IC’s.

By the way they down graded Brazil (two ipc) so US can only build a minor there. Why would they leave Norway at 3 ipc so the US could have the option of building a major there. I would think the US w/major on Norway would really throw the balance off in Europe. The US would no longer have to deal with transporting, or building afar.

• That’s balanced out by the ungodly high cost of a major complex. An IC in Norway is nice, but it still isn’t better for fighting in the med and north africa. All you get for 30 IPCs is the ability to fight in northern Europe. I’d rather build a minor, to be honest.

• @xzorn:

That’s balanced out by the ungodly high cost of a major complex. An IC in Norway is nice, but it still isn’t better for fighting in the med and north africa. All you get for 30 IPCs is the ability to fight in northern Europe. I’d rather build a minor, to be honest.

I don’t know. Larry has said that they split the UK income so that UK couldn’t use all its $ in England. The reason being they didn’t want the UK and Russia to be able to destroy Germany. Now if US built a major IC in Norway, wouldn’t that be a little more powerful then a combined UK income? The US is very rarely challenged at Eastern US. They could produce units in Scandinavia, and use its navy to be in the action much sooner.  I know the US has other obligations (in global), and can’t ignore the Pac side for to long. A major US IC in Norway would definitely tip the scales in Europe (IMO), and US could afford it. How about in Just Euro40?  US takes Norway, and UK helps def it until US is at full strength. Now the US doesn’t have to deal with taking two tuns to get to Europe.

Edit: I do see US taking and holding Norway would be hard, and UK couldn’t reinforce it because Germany goes before UK. Germany would have a good shot of getting it back from W Germany, as long as they keep their navy and the Baltic remains closed. Wow this area has changed a lot. It will be fun looking for new strats!!

• Plus Germany has a little extra incentive to make sure they keep it with the new NO.  Taking Norway and building an IC there won’t be the sure thing it’s always been up to now, but yes, if the US can pull it off it would be a major shift in power.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m