• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Imperious:

I recommend taking out the Italian battleship on UK1 with the UK carrier. Or you can just roll the dice really well.

Germany can reach that with 2 subs and a bomber with bomber landing back in Germany.

Bomber can’t reach. West Germ doesn’t borderr the english channel sea zone

The bomber can reach if you land it in Holland since there is an airbase in west Germany.

And how is Holland 3 spaces from the carrier?

• @Imperious:

Bogus meaning it really hurts Italy if it works out and thats not good to have a setup where you can just take out the fleet with such a natural move. It leads to predicable play, which i was hoping the game would offer more choices than these obvious moves. It also pretty much either finishes off Italy when they attack or if they don’t, the British finish off Italy.

Thats why we need IL to create alternate starting setups.

• Actually, the bomber is in Germany, not West Germany. Germany doesn’t have an AB.

Inmajor, at least half of the RN dies on G1.

• Customizer

@calvinhobbesliker:

Actually, the bomber is in Germany, not West Germany. Germany doesn’t have an AB.

I see you are correct. I mistakenly thought that the bomber was in West Germany. That makes a big difference then.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Actually, the bomber is in Germany, not West Germany. Germany doesn’t have an AB.

I see you are correct. I mistakenly thought that the bomber was in West Germany. That makes a big difference then.

Yeah. If it were in West Germ, it could reach and land in Holland

• Official Q&A

@bennyboyg:

I was also at Gencon, and literally just got back home. The new game is fantastic, I was able to play both Global and Europe versions. I’m not sure if I saw you there, but I was the one playing as the Soviets during the liberation of Scotland.

You were there on Saturday, right in front of the HQ table?  Larry and I watched that game for a while, off and on.  It was interesting.

• I feel by the posts and the information that was released about aae40 and aap40 that aag40 may be the best game ever.

One question, the italian fleet is in this game more powerful than the british fleet, but was not all the way around in 1940?

I had the idea that the british fleet was by far the mos powerful.

Please more pics catching the whole aag40 map!

• @bennyboyg:

On the Pacific front, in the one Global game I played, on first turn I situated the infantry in a defensive posture, keeping one inf each in both coastal and border zones, with the other 16 divided between the two other territories. The Japanese player ended up leaving only 4 inf in Manchuria and 2 in Korea, so I took advantage of the situation and charged in. I ended up getting pushed back, but the casualties were relatively minor and I still had around 10 inf left in the theater, while Japan had to divert planes that would have been used against the US player (Who spent his ENTIRE income in the Pacific theater, so it’s not completely my fault England got taken) and the UK in India.

What exactly are the political situation between russia and japan. Who can declare war and when? Can Russia move into China?

Also what are the rules for the US entering the war? Does the US enter the war against Germany and Italy when Japan declares war on them or the UK?

• Official Q&A

@MEGAEINSTEIN:

One question, the italian fleet is in this game more powerful than the british fleet, but was not all the way around in 1940?

The UK fleet is larger, but it is also more scattered.

@Dany:

What exactly are the political situation between russia and japan. Who can declare war and when?

Each can declare war with the other at any time.

@Dany:

Can Russia move into China?

Only if the USSR is at war with Japan.

@Dany:

Also what are the rules for the US entering the war? Does the US enter the war against Germany and Italy when Japan declares war on them or the UK?

Any Axis declaration of war against the US (or an unprovoked Japanese declaration against UK/ANZAC) allows the US to declare war on any or all Axis powers.

• Thanks a million Krieg, that really helps!

• @Krieghund:

@bennyboyg:

I was also at Gencon, and literally just got back home. The new game is fantastic, I was able to play both Global and Europe versions. I’m not sure if I saw you there, but I was the one playing as the Soviets during the liberation of Scotland.

You were there on Saturday, right in front of the HQ table?  Larry and I watched that game for a while, off and on.  It was interesting.

I played Global on Thursday morning around 10, and that was when it happened. I asked Larry if he had ever seen that before, and he said he hadn’t, so I was pretty proud of myself haha. I also awkwardly asked if I could take a picture with him too, which I was super pumped about.

• Official Q&A

Hmmm.  That’s odd.  I believe there were Soviet units in Scotland during the game we were observing on Saturday, as well.  Perhaps you’ve started a trend…

• Yeah, making Soviet Transports/Ships is becoming a viable strategy as there’s only so much you can do with your massive stacks of infantry waiting to counterattack the Germans.

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

I feel by the posts and the information that was released about aae40 and aap40 that aag40 may be the best game ever.

U.K                      vs.  Italy
    6 destroyers                1 destroyer
    5 cruisers                    2 cruisers
    5 transports                  2 transports
    3 battleships                1 battleships
    1 AC w/ tac bomber      0 AC

…granted most of the U.K. fleet will be sunk on G1, but I also bet about 1/2 the Italian fleet will be sunk on UK1.  Brits are definitely more scattered with diverse objectives, while the Italians are concentrated with a singular objective.

• @panzerjager:

@MEGAEINSTEIN:

I feel by the posts and the information that was released about aae40 and aap40 that aag40 may be the best game ever.

U.K                      vs.  Italy
    6 destroyers                1 destroyer
    5 cruisers                    2 cruisers
    5 transports                  2 transports
    3 battleships                1 battleships
    1 AC w/ tac bomber      0 AC

…granted most of the U.K. fleet will be sunk on G1, but I also bet about 1/2 the Italian fleet will be sunk on UK1.  Brits are definitely more scattered with diverse objectives, while the Italians are concentrated with a singular objective.

Both times I played, at least, the British were in no position to assault the Italian Navy, and tried to consolidate the remnants of their navy around England, as they only start off with a few land units to defend London.

• @cminke:

What exactly are the political situation between russia and japan. Who can declare war and when?

krieg does this mean the ussr can attack japan before turn 4?

1.  USSR and Japan start off not at war.

2.  They may declare war on each other on any round they choose.

3. Their war doesn’t affect anyone’s else neutrality.

• @panzerjager:

@cminke:

So basically they start at war.

• basically. Wow.

• @Wilson2:

@panzerjager:

@cminke:

So basically they start at war.

Basically ANZAC and Italy are in war.

• @Krieghund:

Hmmm.  That’s odd.  I believe there were Soviet units in Scotland during the game we were observing on Saturday, as well.  Perhaps you’ve started a trend…

A trend was started, I must of watched bennyboys scotland attack on thursday and then I repeated it on Saturday. I was the kid with the mohawk and glasses.

A Soviet navy and Soviet troops in England seems like a good idea until its turn four and the german army is poised to take Leningrad :lol:.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m