What do you want to be the next AA game?

• @Lozmoid:

Hello bjh418, and welcome to the forum!  :-)

I expect Larry will do a Midway game next, if anything. Maybe Market Garden but I doubt it.

Why Midway?

• TripleA '12

I dunno… call it a guess. Midway would have US forces in it for starters, and could have more tactical game mechanics involved? A lot of general fleet actions, maybe air combats too…

• @Lozmoid:

I dunno… call it a guess. Midway would have US forces in it for starters, and could have more tactical game mechanics involved? A lot of general fleet actions, maybe air combats too…

Axis & Allies: Midway, eh?

That kind of has a nice ring to it, don’t you agree, heheh. It would require an interesting battle, unit and tactical resolution mechanics, almost entirely made up of fleet and air actions. Maybe even special pieces…

I wouldn’t mind a China-Burma-India theater game, personally. A Midway scenario would be my second choice though.

• @Admiral:

@Lozmoid:

Axis & Allies: Midway, eh?

That kind of has a nice ring to it, don’t you agree, heheh. It would require an interesting battle, unit and tactical resolution mechanics, almost entirely made up of fleet and air actions. Maybe even special pieces…

I wouldn’t mind a China-Burma-India theater game, personally. A Midway scenario would be my second choice though.

I would prefer Okinawa over Midway.

• Okinawas a good battle but Midway was more of a tipping point over a already doomed Japanese Defeat. Just my opinion so if i had to ask for 1 id say Midway.

• @Proud:

Okinawas a good battle but Midway was more of a tipping point over a already doomed Japanese Defeat. Just my opinion so if i had to ask for 1 id say Midway.

Yeah, I guess you might be right, also Okinawa was more of a fight on land, like Battle of the Bulge and D-Day.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Stalingrad! Come on, you all want to see it and you know it.

Whether or not it is even in the realm of possibility matters not. This is a fantasy thread anyway.

• 1.) Kursk (The war-deciding tank battle after which the wehrmacht was in a headlong retreat on the Eastern front and was no longer able to launch a major offensive). Good option to introduce new units e.g Tiger tanks ( att: 4, defense 4, takes two hits to destroy, no point cost as units will be fixed as in Bulge and D-day), fortifications (infantry and/or artillery units in a fortification take two hits to destroy, on the first hit destroy the fortification),some dedicated AT guns (may reroll a miss when firing at armor units) and some more new tank sculpts(Elephant, Panther D, Su 76, SU122) and SS units (Slightly different colour) could be introduced.

2.) Stalingrad. Divide the map up into two halves: one half city of Stalingrad, other half of the map the area from which operation Uranus was launched. The more troops the Germans lead into Stalingrad the bigger the chance they won’t be able to hold the perimetre. Some die rolls might be nice for the Russians so the Germans don’t know exactly how many Russian units are lining up for the attack. Id Stalingrad itself is taken, Germans win.

3.) Battle of Midway

• TripleA '12

Nice ideas mate. I reckon if Larry really puts his mind to it, he could come up with a decent Stalingrad game. It’s the one we’ve all been waiting for for at least a decade, I’d say.

• Konigstiger

Stalingrad. Divide the map up into two halves: one half city of Stalingrad, other half of the map the area from which operation Uranus was launched. The more troops the Germans lead into Stalingrad the bigger the chance they won’t be able to hold the perimetre. Some die rolls might be nice for the Russians so the Germans don’t know exactly how many Russian units are lining up for the attack. Id Stalingrad itself is taken, Germans win.

Excellent idea,sir !!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m