• Okay I asked this question before but didn’t clear things up for me and searches just result in people talking about bids.

What I need help with is like the 5Ws on what bids are?
    I gather that bids seem to be set up to allow the allies a few extra pieces on the board before the game even starts?
    There seems to be no set ruling on how much a bid should be?
    Does this only apply to two player games? Or does this apply to 4-5-6 player games, does not matter, just matters that the Allies get “X” amount of IPC in additional starting units?

Thanks in advance, if I’m even close to having and idea how this works then the above questions should get me right.

• '16 '15 '10

A bid is a means of choosing sides fairly.

In Global 2nd edition, the Axis are perceived to have the advantage.  So the Allies will get the bid.

Whoever bids first starts off at a high number like 15 or 20 or so.  That is, 15 or 20 ipcs worth of units for Allies to place at the start of the game.  Then the other side gets to bid.  Suppose they bid 12.

Then you bid down, until someone bids a number and the other side is unwilling to bid any lower for Allies.  Generally the bid ends up between 6-12, sometimes lower.

This is the fairest way to choose sides–particularly if both teams want to be the same side.

• Okay that clears up a good bit. Close to what I assumed.

Now, if you have more than 2 people playing does this still apply? I mean if you are playing with a steady group of 4-6 people, does the bid really apply anymore?

• '16 '15 '10

@Glendel:

Okay that clears up a good bit. Close to what I assumed.

Now, if you have more than 2 people playing does this still apply? I mean if you are playing with a steady group of 4-6 people, does the bid really apply anymore?

It depends on your preferences.  There are no set rules.

If it were up to me, I’d divide the group into 2 teams.  Each team nominates a person to do the bidding.

• Okay cool deal. Totally got it now, really appreciate it. Our group is not crazy elite yet, only a couple of us have had played the game in the past, so there is no unbalance to the game yet. Maybe when people are set and the tide always goes to one side we can start putting in the bid system.

Thanks much!

• TripleA

some peeps bid up, most bid down.

A: 12
    B: 11
    A: 10
    B: ok you get it, I get axis and you get allies at 10.

Going up

A: 8
    B: OK, I take it at 8.

The difference with going up is you bid for what the other person will get as the allies. When you go down it is for what you want to take the allies with.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m