Which war is the most exciting to learn about

• @ABWorsham:

@Fishmoto37:

I voted for WWII. It was the war of my childhood. I have read about it all my life but I was too young to remember much about it. How about the war for Texas Independence? Of course that was a leeetle mite before my time. Always liked to read about this time of Texas history.

As a Texan I’ve always enjoyed the War  for Texas Independence.

Against Mexico?

• '10

@Dylan:

@ABWorsham:

@Fishmoto37:

I voted for WWII. It was the war of my childhood. I have read about it all my life but I was too young to remember much about it. How about the war for Texas Independence? Of course that was a leeetle mite before my time. Always liked to read about this time of Texas history.

Against Mexico?

Of course it was against Mexico. (1836) A couple years before my time.

• No one voted for the War of 1812, I like that war, other then nothing happened on the map.

• @Fishmoto37:

@Dylan:

@ABWorsham:

@Fishmoto37:

Against Mexico?

I didn’t know that they had a war going on in Texas….to me it was more like a battle or skirmish…hmm…you allways learn something new…

• @aequitas:

@Fishmoto37:

@Dylan:

@ABWorsham:

@Fishmoto37:

Against Mexico?

I didn’t know that they had a war going on in Texas….to me it was more like a battle or skirmish…hmm…you allways learn something new…

Personally I find the Texan independence movement to be quite facinating the fact that the Texans even flirted with the idea of being a province of the British empire because the U.S government didnt want to accept them as a state of the union.

• @Octospire:

Personally I find the Texan independence movement to be quite facinating the fact that the Texans even flirted with the idea of being a province of the British empire because the U.S government didnt want to accept them as a state of the union.

hhmph Didn’t know that.
    Not entirely surprised, mind you. Independence seeking Metis in the Canadian West were willing to join the US later in that century.

• @ABWorsham:

@Fishmoto37:

Me as well.  Although the story is far different once outside of Texas.  I’ll still hold on to my romantic notions of the Alamo, however.

@Octospire:

@aequitas:

@Fishmoto37:

@Dylan:

@ABWorsham:

@Fishmoto37:

Against Mexico?

It’s the only place in the US that existed as a sovereign state, if I remember correctly.  Also, it was involved in two wars with a central issue of slavery.

• stay on topic

• @Dylan:

stay on topic

You a mod now?

Anyway, this was under “other wars”.

• And Jermofoot is explaining why he finds the War of Texan Independence exciting / interesting…

• @Jermofoot:

@Dylan:

stay on topic

You a mod now?

Anyway, this was under “other wars”.

No I’m not a mod, nor do I want to. It’s just halting the poll.

• The Napoleonic Wars, although I dislike calling it that, as it implies Napoleon was responsible for every conflict that erupted during that time.

• @UN:

The Napoleonic Wars, although I dislike calling it that, as it implies Napoleon was responsible for every conflict that erupted during that time.

So what do you call it.

• @Dylan:

@UN:

The Napoleonic Wars, although I dislike calling it that, as it implies Napoleon was responsible for every conflict that erupted during that time.

So what do you call it.

Just the Napoleonic Era. I usually just call it the “Napoleonic Wars” if I need to be more specific.

• Continue your discussion about the Texan history if necessary

• Any war involving decisive naval battles(no, Jutland isn’t one), especially ones involving the Royal (Canadian, Australian, Indian, etc.) Navy

• @Cromwell_Dude:

Yes, I would agree with you Calvin…good addition…

With naval battles being interesting, or Jutland not being decisive?

• @Dylan:

@Frontovik:

1812 war?
    and which civil war??

You should know about the War of 1812
    The US one.

to me 1812 is the expedition of napoleon into russia…

• @Frontovik:

@Dylan:

@Frontovik:

1812 war?
    and which civil war??

The US one.

Mind you that wasn’t a war in itself. It’d be like calling D-Day the War of 1944, right?

So what do you call the war the North Americans call the War of 1812?

• @allboxcars:

@Frontovik:

@Dylan:

@Frontovik:

1812 war?
    and which civil war??

The US one.

Mind you that wasn’t a war in itself. It’d be like calling D-Day the War of 1944, right?

So what do you call the war the North Americans call the War of 1812?

you guys had a war in 1812?

know bout your spanish wars, is it that?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m