Question about scrambling and kamakaze strikes

• Do you decide how many kk strikes to use and how many planes to scramble at the same time?  or do one and then the other after?  I am assuming its the same time, but we just used our first kk this game and didn’t see it in the rulebook as to what order.

• Sponsor

You must scramble air units during the combat movement phase, so I would imagine that this must be done before Kamakaze units are deployed and used during the resolve combat phase, but Kamakaze units typically defend before general combat begins.

• so basically at the same time?  you scramble your planes, then decide how many kamakaze strikes your using at the beginning of combat?

• Sponsor

@gokuja:

so basically at the same time?  you scramble your planes, then decide how many kamakaze strikes your using at the beginning of combat?

In the combat movement phase, you declare if you are scrambling or not, and how many air units you will scramble. Than in the same phase, you declare if you will use any of your Kamikaze units and apply them to any eligible attacking units. In the resolve combat phase which is next, all deployed kamikaze units attack their targets, and any casualties are removed from the board. Than general combat is next in the same resolve combat phase, thats when scrambling air units defend the sea zone against any enemy ships that survived the kamikaze raid.

• additional question say you declare to use 3 kamikaze on 2 targets and you sink 2 targets before you used the 3rd kamikaze.Will you still be counted as using 3 kamikaze or still have that one left over for later.

• @Sir_Cala:

additional question say you declare to use 3 kamikaze on 2 targets and you sink 2 targets before you used the 3rd kamikaze.Will you still be counted as using 3 kamikaze or still have that one left over for later.

I think you forefeit the last one, am just looking up the rule book now - perhaps someone can beat me to the punch…

EDIT: Couldn’t find any reference to this in the 2nd Edition rulebook… so I will leave it for the experts to confirm.  My instinct is you forefeit the last one as when you elect to use 3 of them before they are resolved, that is when they are considered spent.

• @Sir_Cala:

additional question say you declare to use 3 kamikaze on 2 targets and you sink 2 targets before you used the 3rd kamikaze.Will you still be counted as using 3 kamikaze or still have that one left over for later.

You declare each kamikaze attack against certain targets. So if you were being attacked by a cruiser and a destroyer and you use three of your strikes, you could declare that you are using two kamikaze strikes against the cruiser and one against the destroyer. You would then roll two dice against the cruiser and one against the destroyer. Even if both dice strike against the cruiser, they are still both used.

You don’t get to declare an arbitrary number of kamikaze strikes, roll a bunch of dice, then assign the hits based on what the dice come up. Each one has to be assigned a target during the declaration phase.

• Sponsor

Correct.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m