Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Customizer

Hey WARRIOR888,
    I like your ideas on the new ship classes.  You’ve got some very good ideas.  I especially like the King George V class UK Battleship.  That would make a great looking piece from FMG.
    A few corrections:  The current OOB USA Cruiser is the Portland class.
                                  The current OOB Japan Cruiser is the Takao class.
                                  The current OOB UK Carrier is the Illustrious class.

• KNP, Thanks for the correction. 
    USS Augusta class was very close in design concept.
    Victorious was a Sister of the HMS Ark Royal good catch.
    IJN Maya was a sister of the IJN Takeo :-)

• come on fmg sow me some thing.  i die a little on the inside every day i dont see… “forward movement”

• @WARRIOR888:

KNP, Thanks for the correction. 
    USS Augusta class was very close in design concept.
    Victorious was a Sister of the HMS Ark Royal good catch.
    IJN Maya was a sister of the IJN Takeo :-)

Not sure which Ark Royal you’re talking about… but either way they weren’t sisters.  One Ark Royal was a single-class ship (Britain’s only modern, non-armored deck carrier, sunk during the war)  The other was a re-named (& eventually re-designed post-war) member of the Audacious class.  The Victorious was a member of the Illustrious class.

Black Prince is not a good choice for a CA unit, as it was a member of a Dido subclass, which was a very small AA cruiser.  Tiger was too late even for a tech unit (unless you meant the originally planned version, but even then I’m not sure)  You’re cruiser tech list is all over the map.  If you go with the Alaska class, which I like, then you’re really talking about a CB: the closest thing in the RN would be the Renown?  The closest thing for the IJN would be the never-built B65 design

If you’re not so sure about the cruiser tech unit being a CB, the Des Moines would be a great choice… but there’s no equivalent RN or IJN unit: the Des Moines’ RF 8" were a huge advance, but no one else devoted the time and effort into such a thing, and by the time they were ready the navies of the world were realizing that naval gunnery was losing its importance…  If you were to add a “CL” category, it would merge into the big destroyer realm, so I have no idea what a “tech DD” would offer.  (You could have a “tweener” category for the large “destroyer leaders,” DL’s, but there really isn’t room for both a DL and a CL.)

Anyway, FMG seems intent on sticking with one BB, one CA, and one CV per nation, so no lighter or tech units are likely from FMG, it seems.  At this point it looks like any chance we have of such options in the naval realms would be from Coach… or else going up a scale or two to 1/3000 Sktrex/Navwar or 1/2400 Panzerschiffe pieces…

• Cminke that is funny it would be nice to hear new if there is any.

• '10

@cminke:

come on fmg sow me some thing.  i die a little on the inside every day i dont see… “forward movement”

Oh there is BIG forward movement…  I’m just lying low until the big announcement.  Don’t want to get burned like last time.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

come on fmg sow me some thing.  i die a little on the inside every day i dont see… “forward movement”

Oh there is BIG forward movement…  I’m just lying low until the big announcement.  Don’t want to get burned like last time.

No worries, I’m treating it like a wine, it takes some time. =;-)

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

Any news about Italian units? I bought them with new dice set in November! :-)

• O.O

• '10

• it works 4 me

• yeah, it works 4 me 2, man

• Link works fine

• '12

Works for me!  :-D

• It works fine.

• TripleA '12

The link works.

• whats the point in posting a link to his main site?? im eager to hear some (good) news about the project.

• '10

@anderb:

whats the point in posting a link to his main site?? im eager to hear some (good) news about the project.

Sorry, I was doing some testing with the webmaster for this site.  Some people were not able to post links due to anti-SPAM initiatives.

There is going to be some news very soon however…

• Link doesn’t work for me, unless you took is down, This is what i get.

“Fatal error: Method Varien_Object::__tostring() cannot take arguments in /home/berrywar/public_html/fieldmarshalgames.com/lib/Varien/Object.php on line 488”

Any News on the Italian release? I too was so hopeful back in November of last year when we seemed to be so close. Sorry to say but I feel misled.

Please announce how much longer you intend the Italians to take.

• '10

@Stickman:

Link doesn’t work for me, unless you took is down, This is what i get.

“Fatal error: Method Varien_Object::__tostring() cannot take arguments in /home/berrywar/public_html/fieldmarshalgames.com/lib/Varien/Object.php on line 488”

Any News on the Italian release? I too was so hopeful back in November of last year when we seemed to be so close. Sorry to say but I feel misled.

Please announce how much longer you intend the Italians to take.

We were all mislead by the factory.  I have always kept the community up to date here on this forum.

The factory was to optimistic on their time line… so we all got burned.

We are very close now.  The product is ACTUALLY in production.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m