Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Customizer

No problem.  Glad I could help.  By the way, Love your SdKfz 251 picture.

• '10

Thanks KNP

It’s actually a modified Czech OT-810.  It’s one of several that are owned by some guys in Chandler Arizona as seen in the picture below.  My avatar pic is the 3rd vehicle in the colum.  It was taken at Camp Navajo in Arizona at a WWII reenactment.  I wouldn’t mind having one in my inventory.
    Here is a web site that has a butt load of pictures. http://www.sdkfz251.com/index.html

• Customizer

@Black:

Thanks KNP

It’s actually a modified Czech OT-810.  It’s one of several that are owned by some guys in Chandler Arizona as seen in the picture below.  My avatar pic is the 3rd vehicle in the colum.  It was taken at Camp Navajo in Arizona at a WWII reenactment.  I wouldn’t mind having one in my inventory.
    Here is a web site that has a butt load of pictures. http://www.sdkfz251.com/index.html

Very cool!  I just checked out that site.  Lots of cool pics.  I got a kick out of the one painted all red.  Like the fire department’s version of a German halftrack.
    I’ve always been a little envious of guys that actually own vehicles from WW2.  I just love that movie “Tank” with James Garner, where he plays a Sergeant-Major that owns his own fully restored Sherman tank.  I have always been partial to the Panzer III and would love to be able to restore one.  Sure it would cost a ton, not to mention parts would be VERY hard to find.  Maybe if I ever win Powerball, one of my indulgences will be to scour the earth for a Panzer III.  Until then, I guess I will settle for plastic models.  Thanks for the pics.

• FMG,If you are still taking suggestions for American, Japanese and UK NAVAL pieces here is what I would like to see and would purchase.

USN BB USA No more IOWAs only 4 built 2 laid down them scraped.
    BB NEW MEXICO CLASS  OR WEST VIRGINIA CLASS
    TECH BB MONTANA CLASS

IJN BB IJN No more YAMATOS 2 built 1 converted to CV SHINANO other projected not built.
    BB IJN FUSO CLASS OR IJN MUTSU CLASS
    TECH BB A-150 SUPER YAMATO WITH 20 INCH GUNS

HMS BB UK no more ROYAL SOVERIGNS, 5 built only.
    BB HMS KING GEORGE V CLASS OR QUEEN ELIZABETH CLASS
    TECH BB HMS LION CLASS

USN CV USN No more WASPS! one built only.  Closest Class to it was The YORKTOWN CLASS OF 3 SHIPS.
    CV USN FLEET CARRIER EESEX CLASS 24 built many more projected.
    TECH CV USS MIDWAY CLASS
    CVL INDEPENDENCE CLASS

IJ CV IJN No more SHINANO’S. one built only.
    CV IJN AKAGI OR IJN ZUIKAKU
    TECH IJN TAIHO HAD A ARMOURED DECK!
    CVL SHOHO

HMS CV No more HMS VICTORIOUS.
    CV HMS ARK ROYAL OR GLORIOUS
    TECH CV HMS MALTA CLASS
    CVL HMS MAJESTIC CLASS armoured deck!

USN CA No more USN AUGUSTAs
    CA USN BALTIMORE OR DES MOINES CLASS
    TECH CA USN ALASKA CLASS
    CL USN ATLANTA CLASS

HMS CA No more HMS COUNTY CLASS
    CA HMS BLACK PRINCE
    TECH CA HMS TIGER CLASS
    CL HMS DIDO

IJN CA No more MAYA CLASS
    CA IJN MOGAMI CLASS
    TECH CA IJN YAHAGI CLASS
    CL IJN KUMA CLASS

IJN DD No more FUBUKI CLASS
    DD IJN KAGERO CLASS
    TECH DD SHIMAKAZE CLASS 1 BUILT 14 MORE projected.

UK DD No more FLETCHERS
    DD O OR P CLASS
    TECH DD W CLASS

USN DD No more FLETCHERS
    DD USN ALLEN M. SUMMERS
    TECH DD USN GEARING CLASS

• '12

@knp7765:

Very cool!  I just checked out that site.  Lots of cool pics.  I got a kick out of the one painted all red.  Like the fire department’s version of a German halftrack.
    I’ve always been a little envious of guys that actually own vehicles from WW2.  I just love that movie “Tank” with James Garner, where he plays a Sergeant-Major that owns his own fully restored Sherman tank.  I have always been partial to the Panzer III and would love to be able to restore one.  Sure it would cost a ton, not to mention parts would be VERY hard to find.  Maybe if I ever win Powerball, one of my indulgences will be to scour the earth for a Panzer III.  Until then, I guess I will settle for plastic models.  Thanks for the pics.

I think the red one is just primed for painting.  The one in the photo below it is probably the same one, post paint.

• Customizer

Hey WARRIOR888,
    I like your ideas on the new ship classes.  You’ve got some very good ideas.  I especially like the King George V class UK Battleship.  That would make a great looking piece from FMG.
    A few corrections:  The current OOB USA Cruiser is the Portland class.
                                  The current OOB Japan Cruiser is the Takao class.
                                  The current OOB UK Carrier is the Illustrious class.

• KNP, Thanks for the correction. 
    USS Augusta class was very close in design concept.
    Victorious was a Sister of the HMS Ark Royal good catch.
    IJN Maya was a sister of the IJN Takeo :-)

• come on fmg sow me some thing.  i die a little on the inside every day i dont see… “forward movement”

• @WARRIOR888:

KNP, Thanks for the correction. 
    USS Augusta class was very close in design concept.
    Victorious was a Sister of the HMS Ark Royal good catch.
    IJN Maya was a sister of the IJN Takeo :-)

Not sure which Ark Royal you’re talking about… but either way they weren’t sisters.  One Ark Royal was a single-class ship (Britain’s only modern, non-armored deck carrier, sunk during the war)  The other was a re-named (& eventually re-designed post-war) member of the Audacious class.  The Victorious was a member of the Illustrious class.

Black Prince is not a good choice for a CA unit, as it was a member of a Dido subclass, which was a very small AA cruiser.  Tiger was too late even for a tech unit (unless you meant the originally planned version, but even then I’m not sure)  You’re cruiser tech list is all over the map.  If you go with the Alaska class, which I like, then you’re really talking about a CB: the closest thing in the RN would be the Renown?  The closest thing for the IJN would be the never-built B65 design

If you’re not so sure about the cruiser tech unit being a CB, the Des Moines would be a great choice… but there’s no equivalent RN or IJN unit: the Des Moines’ RF 8" were a huge advance, but no one else devoted the time and effort into such a thing, and by the time they were ready the navies of the world were realizing that naval gunnery was losing its importance…  If you were to add a “CL” category, it would merge into the big destroyer realm, so I have no idea what a “tech DD” would offer.  (You could have a “tweener” category for the large “destroyer leaders,” DL’s, but there really isn’t room for both a DL and a CL.)

Anyway, FMG seems intent on sticking with one BB, one CA, and one CV per nation, so no lighter or tech units are likely from FMG, it seems.  At this point it looks like any chance we have of such options in the naval realms would be from Coach… or else going up a scale or two to 1/3000 Sktrex/Navwar or 1/2400 Panzerschiffe pieces…

• Cminke that is funny it would be nice to hear new if there is any.

• '10

@cminke:

come on fmg sow me some thing.  i die a little on the inside every day i dont see… “forward movement”

Oh there is BIG forward movement…  I’m just lying low until the big announcement.  Don’t want to get burned like last time.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

come on fmg sow me some thing.  i die a little on the inside every day i dont see… “forward movement”

Oh there is BIG forward movement…  I’m just lying low until the big announcement.  Don’t want to get burned like last time.

No worries, I’m treating it like a wine, it takes some time. =;-)

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@cminke:

Any news about Italian units? I bought them with new dice set in November! :-)

• O.O

• '10

• it works 4 me

• yeah, it works 4 me 2, man

• Link works fine

• '12

Works for me!  :-D

• It works fine.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics