Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• Customizer

Just finished the Italian Infantry. I’m not happy with the tanks so I’ll probably change the paint scheme on them. The last pic is a shot of the process I use, I stick them onto nails with blue sticky tack, I find it easier this way as I tend to mess up the paint if I hold them with my fingers, it makes dipping them easier as well.

Italian Inf.jpg
    Italian Forces.jpg
    Italian unfinished.jpg

• TripleA '12

Hey allworkandnoclay,

What’s the latest with your german units? How are they coming alomg?

Thank you

• Most Holy…

I think your troops would be nicer if U gave it a spray with some anti shine matt varnish… Keep up the good work…

regards

• Customizer

My friends give me crap for the shine as well. I gotta try something different. I’m going to look into the ink wash Allwork spoke of earlier. I might work on the Germans soon, all I have left are them and ANZAC, until a new game comes out that is…

• @Most:

My friends give me crap for the shine as well. I gotta try something different. I’m going to look into the ink wash Allwork spoke of earlier. I might work on the Germans soon, all I have left are them and ANZAC, until a new game comes out that is…

Just pick up a can of Matte Varnish spray paint … that will (or should, I don’t know if it will 100% at this point) take the shine off of your pieces and make them look even nicer.

Of course, an ink wash done right will help by providing more detail and depth as well.

• Customizer

I found a couple of great apps for the iPhone with pictures of almost all the WWII planes in one and a ton of tanks and other vehicles in another. the only problem with the apps is that all the pictures are in profile it would have been nice to have top down shots as well especially for the planes. these will help to make better Italian planes for me as I just painted camo and the tri-color flag on them.
    http://iphoneapp.jourist.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&lang=en

• Customizer

This site helped me out a bit:

http://ww2drawings.jexiste.fr/index.html

• @Most:

I checked with Allwork earlier if it was OK to post the pics here, he’s a tremendous influence on all of us that paint these, I can’t wait to see his German infantry. I’m painting the Italians now. I have them almost done I just have to paint the bases. I’m going with the three gun flag for mine, I hate painting circles  :wink:

there not guns their called fascists. and it’s a bundle of sticks w/ a ax in the middle.

• @cminke:

@Most:

I checked with Allwork earlier if it was OK to post the pics here, he’s a tremendous influence on all of us that paint these, I can’t wait to see his German infantry. I’m painting the Italians now. I have them almost done I just have to paint the bases. I’m going with the three gun flag for mine, I hate painting circles  :wink:

there not guns their called fascists. and it’s a bundle of sticks w/ a ax in the middle.

It’s “fasces”, actually…. during the Roman Empire they were a symbol of office carried into the Roman Senate to indicate that the Senate was in session. Mussolini adopted them as an emblem to represent his “reestablishment” of Italian authority and the new Roman Empire. The word “fascist” came fom the use of the emblem.

(Dang… the things that stick in your head 40+ years after Latin classses!  :roll: )

Still easier to paint than that roundel, however.  :-D

• any updates?

• hello?

• Customizer

Hey everyone. I’m back from South America and have been working on finishing Italy. Should have everything trimmed up and ready to prime later this week.

• '16 Customizer

Hooray!! Hope you had a great trip!

I’ve been painting my set and am thrilled that you’re coming out with new pieces!!! such great work.

• Customizer

The trip was fantastic! I went to Peru and Bolivia - hiked Machu Picchu, mountain biked down a volcano, went on an insane dune buggy ride in the desert, swam around in Lake Titticaca, biked the world’s most dangerous road, and hung out in the world’s highest elevation capital city… Good times!

• '16 Customizer

NICE! That sounds awesome… I’d love to go to South America… Been to Alaska! I guess thats “exotic” and adventurous

• '16 Customizer

How are the Italians coming along? Can’t wait to see the tanks and planes!

• Customizer

@Spitfire38:

How are the Italians coming along? Can’t wait to see the tanks and planes!

I decided to trim all the ground units, planes, and navy all at once so I only have to get out the airbrush once. It’s going well, but time consuming.

• quality over … quantity right?

• '16 Customizer

@cminke:

quality over … quantity right?

Of course!

Can’t wait for the Italians! I finished my Luftwaffe, USAF, and Russian Ground Force, and next I’m hoping to do the Italians. Are you almost finished? (of course, quality over quantity…take your time)  :wink:

• how are things going w/ the its?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m