Accurate Miniature Equivalents for Custom Painting your 1940 E&P

• '10

Insert Quote
    Ya know I’ve never noticed that they are carrying tommy guns!

I believe it is a PPSh

• That should be the last base that will give you a challenge. Compared to the the remaining ones should be easy!

• It’s is defiantly a ppsh. why would they be holding a tomson. I always thought they were holding a mausin-naguit.

• mosin nagant doesnt have a drum magazine, I have one in my bedroom……friggin sweet.

• Quite inspirational work.  Well done guys!!    :mrgreen:    8-)

• wait, you painted the sickles rotated wrong?  They look exactly the same as the ones on the gameboard underneath them to me.  Am I missing something?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

This is not Allwork’s fault, but I believe I am correct that the majority of Russian soldiers did not wear helmets… most wore hats of some sort.

Awesome job though… these are magnificent!

• Customizer

@Stoney229:

wait, you painted the sickles rotated wrong?  They look exactly the same as the ones on the gameboard underneath them to me.  Am I missing something?

I suppose they are 72 degrees off (rotate the roundel one star point). the sickle and hammer handles are supposed to both be angled downward. I’m actually almost finished fixing it, and I think they look better than before anyway.

• @finnman:

It’s is defiantly a ppsh. why would they be holding a tomson. I always thought they were holding a mausin-naguit.

because umm it they can. I also think that a tomson and a tommy gun are different.

• Customizer

Ok - the corrected roundels are finished. I just replaced the last files, so you can check the previous page in the forum to see them.

• '12

@allworkandnoclay:

Ok - the corrected roundels are finished. I just replaced the last files, so you can check the previous page in the forum to see them.

You need to edit the text in those posts where you say you are considering repainting them.  They look very nice.

• '12

Allwork, these are friggin phenomenal!  I will be painting my own pieces at some point too and I will definitely look to your designs for inspiration, although I confess I don’t have the steadiness to do the bases like you - you are far more talented and patient - beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.  Kepp up the amazing work.  Cannot wait to see your Germans & Italians!  :-o

• Customizer

Thanks everyone!

Should be getting my three copies of Europe this week. Also, in other news, just became the happy owner of a copy of the Anniversary edition.   :-D

• How did you manage that? Did you find a great deal or something?

• Man this is bad to the bone.  I didn’t read all the pages but you got a price for this yet?

• Customizer

@maverick_76:

How did you manage that? Did you find a great deal or something?

Great as in $250… I figure if anyone is crazy enough to pay that price for a board game it should be me.

@Fearless:

Man this is bad to the bone.  I didn’t read all the pages but you got a price for this yet?

No prices yet. Getting rough estimates, but a) I’ll be on a trip overseas for three months very soon, and b) I want to finish my own set first (if nothing else to time out everything).

I’ll have a website up for ordering sets after I get back from the trip. News will be posted here of course.

• Well that is a good price, I have seen up to $500 for the game. Once it went past $200 I decided that I would rather not purchase it, too much for the amount of enjoyment I would get out of it.

• @Dylan:

@finnman:

It’s is defiantly a ppsh. why would they be holding a tomson. I always thought they were holding a mausin-naguit.

because umm it they can. I also think that a tomson and a tommy gun are different.

Thompsons and Tommy guns are the same thing I am pretty sure. I think Tommy gun is more a 20s/30s gangsters moniker. The main difference is you often see Tommys with the drum, Thompsons with the stick, but almost any gun can use mags or drums, just depends on how much shooting you expect to be doing/weight you can carry.

• TripleA '12

Wow!! Those Soviet troops are so good I could cry! Excellent work!  :lol:

I believe the weapon they’re holding is the PPSh-41 submachine gun. One thing that I noticed though: the standard Infantry are clearly wearing the knee-high black leather jackboots. But the winter troops are not - is this a different sculpt? They look like they’re wearing crumpled trousers… Can you please clarify where you got them?

Thanks!

• Customizer

Pretty sure that’s a mod…  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m