• I guess we are going to need a partisan rule now too.

• I don’t think it would really hurt the Allies by having more nations that take turns on their side.  Yeah there is some adjustment in the IPC total and TUV as well but you can never underestimate the 1-2-3-now 4? punch that the allies could do any one of the axis powers.  I truthfully could go either way on this issue and seeing how ANZAC is a faction, and France got thrown in, it is possible to see Canada as a power of some sorts.  I think adding more factions to play adds more diversity and complexity to the game without having to drastically overhaul the game.  I think the Pacific 1940 board did give it away that they will be in the Europe counterpart map.  Yes, bogging down the game with 9+ players would slow it down but also make it more fun than the usual 1v1 games you see.  Its always cool to see new strategies develop from having several people stare at the same board.

• In an ideal world, people would be ready to spend 12+ hours on a single Axis and Allies game

• Personally I don’t care how long the game takes as long as I can leave it set up.

• From Larry Harris:

“The US will NOT have a split income in the global game. However, one of the powers will indeed have a split income but not the US.”

So let’s put on our thinking caps here… The UK has to be the power with the split income.

No other power is spread out enough across the globe to warrant this treatment. So, probably some portion of IPCs will go to the UK proper and a smaller portion to the Industrial Complexes of the Commonwealth powers (or maybe just Canada). That would explain the Canadian unique roundel on Pac '40 (and might be an indication that South Africa may have its own roundel as well).

Same turn, same economy… split income! All the pieces fit! We may have an active Canadian presence in Europe Global '40 after all!  :-D

• Split income could be :

Anzac / UK / Canada ?

I was thinking India, but then, the roundels look exactly the same.
    Both Anzac and Canada have the advantage of being almost “axis” proof. Anzac is a little closer to Japan, but shouldn’t be a big problem with USA backing them. Canada is almost untake-able unless USA fails some big time to cover America.

I still believe UK will be the best nation overall in AA40 combo. No other nation is so spread around the map! They get action everywhere every turn. In Europe, in England island, in the sea, in Asia, in Africa, in the Pacific, everywhere!.

• sweet now everyone can be happy

• we don’t yet who the splitted country will be, so let’s not rejoice yet :) It could be a major disadvantage for Uk… If instead of having in the 40 ipc, she falls to 30…
    Probably 50 ipc > 30 ipc + 10 (Anzac)+ 10 (CanadA)

• I think UK will have split income as well with it broken up between England and India.  I really do believe Canada will be in the game as an ANZAC type power with 10ish IPCs to spend on stuff, kinda what Omega said.  I really think they wouldn’t bother with putting unique icons on the board for Canada if they didn’t intend to make them playable.  Only exception to that statement is the DEI for the sake of having more territory to fight over in the Pacific board.  Canada won’t be a battlefield that is fought over like the DEI, I think it will be a separate entity played on the UK turn.  Hell in the global game all of the commonwealth could very well act on the same turn.  Kinda scary to think about when playing the axis.  My biggest concern is that they don’t flip the advantage back to the allies in this game since axis have the edge in anniversary.

• I HATE WAITING FOR THIS GAME :-( :-( :-(

• Customizer

England isn’t an island.

We share it with THEM.

No-one would have believed, in the first years of the 21st century, that English affairs were being watched from the barren wastelands of the North. No one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life north of Berwick upon Tweed. And yet, across the Solway Firth, minds immeasurably better educated than ours regarded this England with envious eyes, and slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against us.

• @Omega:

Split income could be :

Anzac / UK / Canada ?

Larry already said “NO CANADA”

• Not as a separate power, but almost definitely a division within the U.K. My bet is that it at least has equal status in the global game to ANZAC. And also, if Canada has it’s own markers, you can bet that it will have its own pieces as well. You can’t have one w/o the other. Any ideas on what color they might be?

• It wont have its own unique sculpts. They wont even use sculpts they already MADE for italy

• @Flashman:

England isn’t an island.

We share it with THEM.

No-one would have believed, in the first years of the 21st century, that English affairs were being watched from the barren wastelands of the North. No one could have dreamed that we were being scrutinized as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. Few men even considered the possibility of life north of Berwick upon Tweed. And yet, across the Solway Firth, minds immeasurably better educated than ours regarded this England with envious eyes, and slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against us.

LOL too funny!!   :-D
    Let’s just hope England isn’t pinning it’s hopes on Tom Cruise!

• @The:

And also, if Canada has it’s own markers, you can bet that it will have its own pieces as well.

I doubt that they will.

Perhaps, in the Global game (unlike the Pacific game), the Neutral US will be able to NCM into territories with the Cdn roundel or some other political situation function?
    Maybe that’s the only purpose of the unique Canadian map marking?

• '10

And also, if Canada has it’s own markers, you can bet that it will have its own pieces as well. You can’t have one w/o the other. Any ideas on what color they might be?

the Dutch have their own markers too and they will not be represented as their power.  Canada will not have their own pieces.

• @johnnymarr:

the Dutch have their own markers too and they will not be represented as their power.

it was just too darn difficult to sculpt their infantry wearing wooden shoes

• @The:

Not as a separate power, but almost definitely a division within the U.K. My bet is that it at least has equal status in the global game to ANZAC. And also, if Canada has it’s own markers, you can bet that it will have its own pieces as well. You can’t have one w/o the other. Any ideas on what color they might be?

I see where you’re coming from but there’s no need for unique molds because Canada would be using the same equipment as the UK, as far as I know. If they’re a colour, I’d like to see a slightly darker tan/khaki keeping the UK power cohesive, looks-wise.

I do see and like the idea of a divisional UK income; that does make sense. I’m just happy Canada will be represented/involved in the game in some meaningful way.

• That is a great point of them putting a unique roundel there for the possibility of the US doing NCM as a neutral.  Kinda interesting the more you think about it and yes I can’t wait for this board to come out as well, been chomping at the bit to play this combiner board.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m