Do you want europe NAs like in AAR??

• sweet someone likes my ideas. so used to negativity on the forums

• @idk_iam_swiss:

sweet someone likes my ideas. so used to negativity on the forums

any ideas for France Italy or Anzac

• aside from the terrible jokes the americans tell about the french? in all seriousness

French could get an artillery bonus

Italians could have mech infantry cost the same as infantry?

ANZAC can have bonus with destroyers? its not like ANZAC can afford a bunch of ships…so it cant do too much harm

• @idk_iam_swiss:

aside from the terrible jokes the americans tell about the french?

The only thing that is terrible is that they are not jokes. :-D

@idk_iam_swiss:

sweet someone likes my ideas. so used to negativity on the forums

What do mean you are so used to negativity? What gave you that notion? I am sure you are full of great ideas that we still haven’t heard. :-D

What is your idea for implementing the d12? New attack/defense values?

• well i was thinking you could use the D 12 instead of the D 6 in certian scenarios.

Like British planes would defend on a 7  but attack on a 4.  Or Russian tanks can defend higher, while german tanks attack higher but might suffer a movement penalty every 5th tank. Or Japanese infantry defend higher then a 2. Just some ideas. Or france can have better artillery, or a tiger pack type of bonus. America can move transports can hold two of any type of unit.

Idk I love the game dont get me wrong. But i dont like (sometimes) that combat feels soo cut out and pre constructed. I would like certian sides to have better units. Sorta like a National bonus, instead of a national objective. It would make things more true to history, and in my opinion more fun. I havent done anything with the pacific (these new rules) but ive played with them on the 1942 edition it was…different. Not bad, not god, just different. need to try messing with it a bit. idk just some ideas.

• Ok idk, I like your ideas. Are you going to create these new values or do you want someone else to do it?

• In all honesty I will just type out the small list I have made. I dont know if this goes here or in the 1942 thread. I am making some for the Pacific game as well….but I like to test out my ideas first with my brothers If it goes well with them we play with the big guy ( my dad) Keep in mind these are just rough ideas. and i am open to changing them if you think they need a changin. Also not EVERY unit in our opinion needs to be changed around and use a D 12 ( too much to remember if you are playing with 3 people. but its certainly something to think about if this pans out well…

America

Planes have one extra movement ( remember they leaned on their sides to fly farther than ever before)
    Tanks…every 5th tank is free. we are going to see if it tilts the game by making EVERY 5th unit free…we havent decided. Recall at this point in history america had a TON of industry and engaged in total warfare…whereas germany actually closed their factories at a certian time etc.
    Paratroopers can play in…but we never use them infantry have AWFUL attack
    Transports can hold two of ANY unit

Britian
    Fighter Planes use the D 12 they defend on a 8, attack on a 5

Germany
    Fighter planes attack on a 9, if upgraded to jet fighters ( yes we play with those rules too)
      they attack AND defend on a 9
    Tanks attack on an 8, defend on a 3…Recall the panzer tanks in my opinion were panzy tanks…they broke down WAAAY to much hence the lack in defence. tried messing with the movement…crippled the game.
    U boats attack on a 3 if there are more than 2 U boats present.

Russia
    Tanks defend on an 8. 12d, attack on a 5 last i checked they made the best tank…sorry guys.
    Infantry cost 2 IPC, but defend on a 1…just played with it debating getting rid of that one…but i like the idea of hoards of cheap soviet infantry…

Japan

Destroyers are 6 IPC, When i think of a destroyer it can be ANY ship with cannons or guns…doesnt have to be a ship built JUST for war

Infantry on an island ( including japan and austrailia, had a fight over that last one mind you) Defend on a 3 …6d
    Fighters attack and defend on a 7…out of a 12 sided dice The zero was faster, lighter, and cheaper.

Would love feedback. negative or positive. I dont mind. especially would love thinking of new ones for pacific and europe. I already have some in mind for france and italy.

France, artillery can attack on a 3?

Italy? mech infantry attack on a 2 defend on a 2 or 3?

Anzac Destroyers are 6 IPC, subs are 4

China always gains 2 infantry per  territory per turn if not captured Keep in mind this is for 1942…the pacific ones havent been made yet…

again let me know what you think

• I see where you are going but it would be no good if it detroyed the game balance. Definitely play testing would be needed. Have you tried these out yourself.

• yes, some ruin it some dont….I have played 2 games, no its not enough I know.but im trying it out

• japan needs more abilities

• I cant think of many… so does britian. I know… What were they famous for?

• @Brain:

I see where you are going but it would be no good if it destroyed the game balance. Definitely play testing would be needed. Have you tried these out yourself.

Affecting game balance is not the same as destroying it.  Assuming NAs would be optional (and independently selectable), they should be capable of tipping the balance - either to correct a preexisting imbalance, or to create a handicap.

That said, it would be nice if including all of them results in a balanced game - or at least as balanced as A&A games usually tend to be (as this is really the only fair standard).

• i disagree. It shouldnt be tooo balanced, some countries were stronger then. Some countries had better technology and better industry.

• No.

Like other posters have said, they do give some flavor, but most of them just make the game try to follow the track of the actual war. Say for instance, the ‘Russian Winter’ NA for the Soviet Union. Needless to say when playing Germany, it left me in the cold.

Marines are also not a national advantage, several countries had marine/amphibious assault units. Or partisans, several countries resistanced and conducted sabotage operations, not just people in Soviet territories.

So yeah, adds flavor, but opens up a can of worms too.  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m