• Customizer

Hey Bob, thanks for the input.  Here’s kinda why I did the things I did…  ;)

@Bob_A_Mickelson:

1. “Palau” should be “Palau Island” so the setup card matches the map.

Actually, it would have to be “Paulau Island” to match the map.  :wink:  Because of the map error, I knew it wouldn’t match anyway, so I went with what was on the card.  It would probably induce less confusion if I changed it, though, so I might just do that.

1. the cost column on china’s setup card should have gold text to match the rest of the cards. (this was probally done on purpose but i feel that matching the colors will look better)

Yeah, that was done on purpose, because those are the only units China can buy.  No, I’m not entirely happy with the way it turned out.  :P

1. place a superscripted “3” near the cost of the minor industrial complex. Near the bottom of the setup cards have a “3 can be upgraded to a major ic for a cost of 20 IPCs” or something to that effect to reflect Krieghound’s unofficial FAQ

I was debating what to do about the IC upgrade cost, but when I saw how little space I was going to have, I realized I had better just stick to stuff on the placement chart.

1. the phrase “Control” that begins nearly all national objectives should probably be “Allies control” or “Axis control” since technically any allied player could take over a territory in order to help another player achieve its national objective with the exception of ANZACs one time bonus NO.

Actually, the items that say “Control” must be controlled by that player, not Allies.  If you look at UK, it does say “Allies control” for the DEI bonus, but the Kwangtung/Malaya bonus only triggers if UK controls them, not Allies. (at least that’s my understanding of the rules)

1. I suggest wording the USA’s 40 IPC NO as “40 IPC Bonus: When the  US is at war and the Allies Control Western US.” I believe this is less ambiguous and correctly suggests that if Western US is taken over by Japan, Japan will collect 10 IPCs instead of 40 as per Krieghound’s statements.

I’m a big fan of short and sweet.  ;)  These basically say the same thing, since the US can only go to war with Japan, and the US is the only Allies member that can control Western US.

1. Is there anyway to put each nations special rules (and/or diplomatic rules) on these cards? If they would fit they would definitely be a welcome addition though i suspect that there probably isn’t enough room.

Holy crap!  You suspect right, my friend!  My aging eyes can barely read the setup chart as it is!

1. the order of japans setup territories…

Out of sheer laziness, I simply copied the setup order from the existing cards.  You have a very good point, though, and I think I might make that update.  It’s kind of a pain doing that in Illustrator, though, so I’ll need to muster some motivation…

Hey, thanks again for the input, and I’m glad the people printing them out are getting favorable results!

• japanese ships in sea zone 33?
    In West Usa one or three fighter?

• Those setup cards are fantastic! Definitely going to get them printed out.

• Excellent +1

What is the best way to print these out- what kind of paper- maybe print at Kinkos???

• Customizer

@questioneer:

What is the best way to print these out- what kind of paper- maybe print at Kinkos???

I had the local print shop print them out for me on I either 80# or 100# glossy (can’t remember which) with a color laser printer (I live in a small town, so no Kinkos!).  I also ordered some black 8 1/2 x 11 foam board from online (http://store.foamboardsource.com/foam-board–foam-board-with-memory–3-16–foam-board-with-memory.html), used spray adhesive to attach the sheets to the foamboard, and then a straightedge and utility knife to cut them out.  Mine turned out pretty well, albeit a bit small on the print, and they fit perfectly inside the boxes.

• I printed them and glued them to foam board. Do not use white glue. Bad mistake. They did not turn out good at all. So I reprinted everything and taking them to the office supply store to have them laminated.

• '10

Thanks! Great stuff!  :-)

• Again, excellent work, but you do know that you’re required to make a matching set when AAE comes out right?
    I mean we have to have a full matching set after all…  :wink:

• Customizer

@valthonis:

Again, excellent work, but you do know that you’re required to make a matching set when AAE comes out right?
    I mean we have to have a full matching set after all…   :wink:

Haha, I guess we’ll have to see what WotC decides to give us!

• All I did for the battle board and setup cards is print them out (with a normal inkjet printer) and then got them laminated (10 mm) and they turned out really good.

Thanks for making the battle board and setup cards :)

• Hey bcg,

You’ve already done some great things here, so I’m hesitant to ask for more, but: any chance of you whipping up a ‘diplomacy chart’ (or some such player aid) to make those rules simpler for everyone to remember?

The diplomatic rules were so poorly-written and archaic that almost no one got it right OOB (without first having read Krieghund’s FAQ), and that includes A&A veterans. I’m sure that new players will have no idea what to make of them, and so any sort of graphic representation that captures the essentials of these rules and makes them clearer would be warmly welcomed.

Cheers, MIR

• Man what do you do for a living because that was stellar work. Like someone earlier said, this puts WOTC to shame.

• Customizer

Maybe I really should go to work for WotC…

This weekend was my first chance to give these setup cards a test drive.  Setup was a lot better with the chart than the box top, and I didn’t really have a problem with the small type, so that is good too.  Unfortunately, I must have been interrupted at work when I was plugging in some of the data, because there were a couple mistakes on the setup charts.  I didn’t put any of Japan’s navy on Caroline Islands, and I gave the US too many fighters for Western US.  -1 to me.  :(

Anyway, the setup cards in the zip file have been corrected, so if you download the package, they’re right.  For those of you that have already downloaded and printed out the setup cards, I have added a “corrected” Japan/US PDF so you only have to print out one sheet to get both corrected cards.

Sorry once again, and please let me know if anyone else catches any other mistakes.  Thanks!

www.vector1design.com/AAP40

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Hey thanks for the quick corrections and hard work! Beautiful stuff.

• @bcguitars:

Anyway, the setup cards in the zip file have been corrected, so if you download the package, they’re right.  For those of you that have already downloaded and printed out the setup cards, I have added a “corrected” Japan/US PDF so you only have to print out one sheet to get both corrected cards.

www.vector1design.com/AAP40

Thanks for the updated set up sheets.

• Customizer

Yes. Diplomatic cards would be great. Perhaps we could print them on the back of your setup cards. I have tried to create a setup/diplomatic card, but mine pale in comparison to yours so i’ve halted completing that project for now.

Thanks for all the great work.

• Customizer

Man, I wouldn’t mind doing a diplomatic card, but I wouldn’t have a clue how to set it up!  I’ll think about it, though.

• rubber cement works well on foam board (your local Michaels should have it for $2 per board, I think elmers makes it) that’s how my AA50 board came to fruition.

@bcguitars:  Awesome job with the cards.

• Customizer

Thanks, MaherC.

FYI:  I used Krylon Spray Adhesive to attach all of my sheets to the foam board.  It worked real well for me.

• np BC, when you get a sec, I sent you a message…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m