Just got D-Day, Reinforcement question

• In looking at the reinforcement chart, some units are combined into a division.  Do I place all units from the division in the beachhead?

For example the British 51st infantry division has three infantry and one art. attached.  They are second unit I would place, correct?  Do I just place the first infantry and continue down the list or do I place all the units in the division?

Looks like the british only have 13 reinforcement divisions.  So if I roll a 12, is that 12 “units” or 12 “divisions” that I place?

When placing reinforcments, do I go down the first column, then back up to the top, or across the whole first row?

Thanks for the help.

• Official Q&A

If you roll a 12, you place twelve units (figures).  Reinforcements enter play in order from left to right and top to bottom, so it’s just like reading a book.

• Wow, well I did that totally wrong.  Thanks for the help.

While I’m on here, any other of the smaller AA games (like battle of the bulge) that you guys recommend?  Im playing this with my 8 year old, and I like that he can understand and play with me.

Thanks alot.

• Official Q&A

D-Day is the easiest A&A game of all.  Battle of the Bulge and Guadalcanal are a little bit more involved.  However, if your son can handle D-Day, maybe he can handle one of those as well.  I think I’d try Bulge before Guadalcanal.  If you do, let him be the Germans, as it’s harder to play the Allies in that game.

• Thanks Kriegs for the info and the help.  I’ll check into it.  He really liked D-Day.

• @conanthelibrarian:

While I’m on here, any other of the smaller AA games (like battle of the bulge) that you guys recommend?  Im playing this with my 8 year old, and I like that he can understand and play with me.

Thanks alot.

@Krieghund:

D-Day is the easiest A&A game of all.  Battle of the Bulge and Guadalcanal are a little bit more involved.  However, if your son can handle D-Day, maybe he can handle one of those as well.  I think I’d try Bulge before Guadalcanal.  If you do, let him be the Germans, as it’s harder to play the Allies in that game.

I’d agree with this. Looking at the rules it might seem Guadalcanal is ‘simpler’ but you have to make many more “if I do this what will my opponent do,” decisions a lot faster and GCNL eliminates the reinforcement charts creating a daunting set of decisions regarding reinforcements.

If you are also new to BOTB playing the Allies will be a good handicap for you as it is tougher to play the Allies and will be easier and more interesting for him as the Axis on the attack.

I’d wait till you’re bored with D-Day though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m