👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current)

• @dead-rabbits
    Yes, great game, I’d love to find a copy. I did buy the new Shogun game that came out and it seems to be pretty good but seems to take quite a long time to play so I haven’t yet been able to make it through an entire game. Maybe we’ll take a break from A&A at some point to give this “new” version of Shogun a try.

• @andrewaagamer
    I’d say! Ahhh, the good 'ol days…

• '22 '21

@mkgionet If you’re talking about the Millennial version of the New Shogun (Ikusa), they come with optional rules to quicken the game- I House rule it by giving each faction a Fully fortified Castle 🏯!!!

• @nolimit
    No, this is 2006 Dirk Henn’s Shogun

• Hello mkgionet, Welcome again. I’m Lee Barrett, I’m also new here.

• Yo! Johannes here, but just call me Joe.
    I’m a teenager from Norway, 15 years old.
    I got introduced to AnA by a friend of mine, who wanted me to have a go with him at 1941. Despite playing terribly, I fell in love with the game nevertheless.
    For my 14th birthday, I got the Europe 1940 2nd Edition, which we figured was a good purchase as it was a game I could expand upon, and if we wanted to play a less demanding game, we could just go back to 1941.
    I then got the Pacific 1940 version for christmas, and have stuck to the G1940 since.
    I know I’m a little young compared to most others in this community, but that doesn’t mean I’m any less fascinated by the game!

Furthermore, I just discovered an other AnA game which really gained my attention, which is Global War 1936v3 respectively.
    I’m planning to build up my storage and eventually purchase the map, but I’ve figured that there’s a lot to that game, so I think I’m going to be consulting this community on this and that before that day comes

Cheers!

• @joefromnorway that’s great to hear! I’m also a youngster on here-16 but it’s a great community. Have you played TripleA ever?

• @tincanofthesea Nope, but wow! I just looked into it, and I gotta say, I didn’t hesitate with downloading it! This really does look awesome!

• @joefromnorway yes it’s great! Especially for my busy life so that I can play games with others via forums

• @joefromnorway said in 👋 Introduce or Re-Introduce Yourself (Current):

Yo! Johannes here, but just call me Joe.
    I’m a teenager from Norway, 15 years old.
    I got introduced to AnA by a friend of mine, who wanted me to have a go with him at 1941. Despite playing terribly, I fell in love with the game nevertheless.
    For my 14th birthday, I got the Europe 1940 2nd Edition, which we figured was a good purchase as it was a game I could expand upon, and if we wanted to play a less demanding game, we could just go back to 1941.
    I then got the Pacific 1940 version for christmas, and have stuck to the G1940 since.
    I know I’m a little young compared to most others in this community, but that doesn’t mean I’m any less fascinated by the game!

Furthermore, I just discovered an other AnA game which really gained my attention, which is Global War 1936v3 respectively.
    I’m planning to build up my storage and eventually purchase the map, but I’ve figured that there’s a lot to that game, so I think I’m going to be consulting this community on this and that before that day comes

Cheers!

WELCOME Johannes!

We are all 15 at heart and love this game so you will fit right in.

WELCOME!

• Hi folks, Jon here.

I’m a former board game and card game designer (two products completed, sold like 10 copies of each!), and I’ve always enjoyed A&A, but haven’t had much opportunity to play in the last few years. Got back into it playing in a Classic tournament at GenCon this year, and figured I would try to find some people to play with around Houston.

I’ve played 1942 2nd Ed. and Classic (1984), but would be up for trying out other versions. I’ve played with a few house rules (e.g. Russia can’t attack turn 1, bid IPCs for right to play Allies) and I am thinking about home-brewing a rule to make the research mechanic from Classic actually worthwhile, but I don’t care about these things and am happy to play whichever way.

Let’s meet up, have a few beers, and play a game or two!

Cheers,

Jon

• @blueshoejon

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the forum.

Since you play with a few house rules, you might find inspiration in the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

We even have a Basic Expansion - and a 1943 Expansion as well.

Some of these house rules were original designed for use with the Classic and Revised editions.

You’ll find the thread under “Customization” - “House Rules” section.

Have fun:+1:

• Wanted to reintroduce myself as I have been active on here for a while now . I have a new YouTube Channel I would love for you to check out my first video!

https://youtu.be/34Av-zI4Anw

I play A&A 1914, Global 40 Balanced Mod, 3G40/Young grasshopper tournament edition, Path To Victory (TripleA only adaptation/modification of Balanced Mod), HBG GW36 Version 3, and A&A Guadalcanal! I have played a number of expansions for HBG GW36 and consider GW36 V3 my top game!

• '22 '21

@theveteran I’m still very active on various editions of A&A over the YouTube, and so I can’t say I’m interested in the HBG global war games- whenever you start putting A&A content on a regular basis on your channel then I’ll definitely subscribe to you!!!

• @nolimit alrighty!

• @theveteran
    Great - I’ll check asap:+1:

• @the-captain superb!

• Hello all,

I am Cody Burton. I am 22 and have been playing A&A since birth! I am in the military, currently stationed in SK. So if anyone has a board here I am down to play… any board. Sadly since joining the mil I haven’t played A&A. Nor do I have any of my boards with me.

Cody Burton

• Hey Cody,
    welcome.
    Cody, do you know about vassal? It is a way to play military games without a physical board.
    https://vassalengine.org/

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m