• I usually keep my guys in France with a token force in NWE just to help discourage them from attacking.

• Northern Europe is probably best left undefended.  That being said, If the Allies liand in N Europe it means they are more in range of any newly built airforce, that can be an encouraging thought.  Also, if they land in Northern Europe and you have a bomber on France, check to see If America can build any transports next turn.

If Germany can steadily build 1 air unit a turn and use those airunits for France (very doable) mixed with a bomber (or three) on France it may eventually slow down the Northern Europe Invasion.  This gets easier because A FIG built in Germany (or anyother air unit that happens to be there) is now in range of the Northern Europe landing zone

• The goal is for NWE is to just another dead zone territory (For the Axis).

As Dondoolee pointed out, this can be more easily accomplished with plenty of air power (usually a good answer for Germany {even Italy})

In general, air power is much stronger in AA50 than previous versions.

• yeah, its much easier to threaten france/germany or france italy with a fleet hanging around and adding a tranny a turn, while shoving men to africa from rnd 2 till needed …than going brute force landing in france. …  then u can decide if you want to sink italian fleet or head north right away

knowing this as axis makes its clear NWE is for trading once allies feel like it

• NWE is also an ideal location for a double drop if it is undefended and france is defended mainly by inf.  When UK/US merges both of there fleets and the US lands a large number of planes as backup as well.  Moral of the story? Leave a tank or two as G in France as well.

• @bugoo:

NWE is also an ideal location for a double drop if it is undefended and france is defended mainly by inf.  When UK/US merges both of there fleets and the US lands a large number of planes as backup as well.  Moral of the story? Leave a tank or two as G in France as well.

I usually have my Airforce in France, so it may not be needed to trade tanks.

• I have been using a few tecniques, and it depends on how the board looks, but generally I prefer to stand strong and fight for France, almost ignoring NW Europe. I just take it back NW Europe with inf+fgt+bmr.

If UK and USA are going after Germany first, my building strategy for Germany and Italy is to maximise quantity. I always build 10 units for Germany and try to build 6 for Italy. I always build at least one German bomber, and if possible some Italian air unit to. Bombers are so flexible. They may hit both on the west and east front, and may threaten the invading navy units.

When UK and USA go for Germany first, try to secure the Japanese NO as quick as possible, then swiftly turn against USA with a heavy invading force. Build 1-2 bombers per turn. Then start pumping in hardware and bombers in to Alaska. This is not only putting pressure against USA, but the bombers in Alaska also threatens the US naval units in SZ 1 & 9. And if also Germany and Italy also is heaving a strong bomber force, this becomes a very serious threat against the Allied navy units. USA/UK must respond to the threat, or they will simply loose their navy. When USA goes for Germany, I think its very effective for Japan to put pressure on USA. If USA don’t answer against the treat, he will lose West USA.

Well… some thoughts…

Regards,
    Håkan

• @hakan:

… but generally I prefer to stand strong and fight for France, almost ignoring NW Europe. I just take  back NW Europe with inf+fgt+bmr.

You sure do, dude, and I got a counter to that. I always land an AA-gun with the first wave, and hope to shoot down som Hun aircrafts. And when you take it back, I’ll make that AA-gun useless because I will not use airforce but Battleship bombardment.

Now, if I played Germany, and you occupied NWE with an allied force supported by an AA-gun, I would strafe NWE with just enough infantry to take your hits, just enough tanks to kill half your force, and one unit from France to make sure I can retreat all my attacking force to France after one round of combat.

• What I was referring to in my earlier post as far as only inf + planes to defend France, if UK has 4 loaded trannies, we’ll give the US 2 trannies and anywhere between 4-6 figs and 2-6 bombers.  When that lands on NWE it is a bit tough to dislodge with just inf and a few planes and whatever you purchased last round as G,  and that is a conservative drop during a KGF in later turns.  As early as allied turn 2 you could drop with ease 5 inf, 2 art, 3 arm, 2 bomb, 4 fig.  And strafing NWE as G?  Thats crazy talk when its worth 7 IPC to germany.

If allies are going for hardcore KGF you want to pull back from russia a bit, forget about the 3rd NO and focus on keeping your backdoor’s safe and preventing russia from getting its 10 ipc NO and it is not easy.

• You sure do, dude, and I got a counter to that. I always land an AA-gun with the first wave, and hope to shoot down som Hun aircrafts. And when you take it back, I’ll make that AA-gun useless because I will not use airforce but Battleship bombardment.

Adlertag:

You are not allowed to move your AA gun during combat movement, only in non-combat movement. (Right…?  :? )
    So this means that you are saving 1 transport from the attack, and use it in ncm, or that you take NWE with UK first, and then have the americans ship one there?

• @Woodstock:

Adlertag:

You are not allowed to move your AA gun during combat movement, only in non-combat movement. (Right…?  :? )
    So this means that you are saving 1 transport from the attack, and use it in ncm, or that you take NWE with UK first, and then have the americans ship one there?

In case you are talking to me.

Always attack and conquer with UK, and support with US infantry stack, fighters and AA-gun. This is basics. US have 2 AA-guns they never use. Put them on next tranny, and convoy them to France.

• @Adlertag:

@Woodstock:

Adlertag:

In case you are talking to me.

Always attack and conquer with UK, and support with US infantry stack, fighters and AA-gun. This is basics. US have 2 AA-guns they never use. Put them on next tranny, and convoy them to France.

Yeah, I know that, but you confused me with your:

I always land an AA-gun with the first wave

I thought you were saying that you move in your AA gun during during combat move…

• Sorry for the confusion, Woodstock.

I figured it was more correct to call the UK and US movements in the same turn for first wave. I could of course call the UK attack for the first wave, and the US follow up for the second wave. But since both happen in the same turn, and since everyting in a turn are supposed to be simultanesly, I just call the allied attack for the first wave. Do you use any other ways ?

• No, not really to be honest, so I could’ve figured your intention myself aswell…

I will practically never attack the German shores with the UK, if I don’t have some US reinforcements ready to follow up immeditaley after. So yeah, naming the UK and US landings in one turn “the first wave” seems perfectly alright.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m