• Hey guys,

I’d like to know if someone has (or is working on) a suitable combat simulator for AA50 ? For most combats, AASim or something like that can work, but for the naval battles, it doesnt work. Its the Sub vs Air that pose problem.

Anyway, I’m sure you guys already know that…

So, anyone ? I guess it shouldnt be that hard to change the DD to 2/2 and stuff like that…

Thanks

• Yeah I saw that this morning  :lol:

thx !

• No problem.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

We need to clean up the code a bit, I think there’s a memory leak in the program. (If you have it on for a while, your computer slows down.)  Also, sometimes it won’t let you load fighters for your combat simulation (resetting them to zero).

• @Cmdr:

We need to clean up the code a bit, I think there’s a memory leak in the program. (If you have it on for a while, your computer slows down.)  Also, sometimes it won’t let you load fighters for your combat simulation (resetting them to zero).

It doesn’t let the defense in a naval battle have more fighters than it would be possible to fit on its carriers, if that’s what you mean.  As far as the memory leak, could you be more specific as to what you do when it happens, and what the memory/cpu usage are?  I tried keeping it open for various battles, and it stayed around 30MB mem usage and 0% cpu when idle.

If you see any other problems or lacking capability to run battles a certain way, feel free to give more input.  :-)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

No, I had a couple of times when I wanted 6 attacking fighters in a naval battle but only 1 carrier (or similar) and it kept dropping the fighters out.

As for defense, there are circumstances where you would have more fighters than legally able to land on carriers present.  That’s if you took carrier casualties and the battle persisted.

ie:  I attack and kill 2 carriers out of 4.  You had 8 fighters.  Perhaps I want to know if my chances improved or decreased from this point?

As for the memory leak, dunno.  I just know that if I let the program sit for an extended period (say 30ish minutes to an hour give or take) then the performance of the entire system seems significantly slower.  Not “slow” but slower.

• @Cmdr:

No, I had a couple of times when I wanted 6 attacking fighters in a naval battle but only 1 carrier (or similar) and it kept dropping the fighters out.

**As for defense, there are circumstances where you would have more fighters than legally able to land on carriers present.  That’s if you took carrier casualties and the battle persisted.

ie:  I attack and kill 2 carriers out of 4.  You had 8 fighters.  Perhaps I want to know if my chances improved or decreased from this point?**

As for the memory leak, dunno.  I just know that if I let the program sit for an extended period (say 30ish minutes to an hour give or take) then the performance of the entire system seems significantly slower.  Not “slow” but slower.

Good point, we should be allowed to put any number of Ftrs.

• I cant seem to be able to change the order of loss for the defender in a naval battle. Even tho the order says sink AC first, he keeps sinking Cruisers…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m