• First off, I love this game! I play this game with my brother, one on one. We think Anniversary 1942 is broken and 1941 is playable. Axis and Allies 1940 is amazing! Now down to the nail while gritting your teeth. We as Allies were blessed to be united! Axis was divided! This game allows Axis to divide Allies. Instead of Axis panic rushing they can work together to confuse allies. Germany and Italy can work together giving up selfish desires and work together. Japan can be wise and wait for the door to be opened to them. Japan cannot act on it’s own not taking Europe/Russia into account. I am not a history buff but after playing 1942/1941 and now 1940 Axis powers were fighting there own battles and not working together. This game allows me as Axis to be like Allies if I choose. What a journey it has been. Over 100 hours of playing to get this point past the confusion and defeat. This game is honest. Thank you!

• '10

Welcome to the boards!

• TripleA

@ghostbommbb:

We think Anniversary 1942 is broken

why do you think it is broken? i find this and guadalcanal to be the only balanced axis and allies games. or do you mean broken in another sense other than balance?

• @allweneedislove:

@ghostbommbb:

why do you think it is broken? i find this and guadalcanal to be the only balanced axis and allies games. or do you mean broken in another sense other than balance?

I thought it’s common knowledge that, with NOs, axis are favored in both scenarios?

Also, isn’t Spring 1942 balanced?

• TripleA

@calvinhobbesliker:

@allweneedislove:

@ghostbommbb:

I thought it’s common knowledge that, with NOs, axis are favored in both scenarios?

anniversary 1942 is balanced. 50th anniversary 1942 scenario is unbalanced depending if national objectives are being used. i think we have a communication breakdown due to the fact that there are 2 anniversary editions released back to back.

nova
    classic
    europe
    pacific
    revised
    d-day
    battle of the bulge
    guadalcanal
    50th anniversary with a '41 and '42 scenario
    25th anniversary 1942
    pac40
    euro40
    global40

• @allweneedislove:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@allweneedislove:

@ghostbommbb:

anniversary 1942 is balanced. 50th anniversary 1942 scenario is unbalanced depending if national objectives are being used. i think we have a communication breakdown due to the fact that there are 2 anniversary editions released back to back.

nova
    classic
    europe
    pacific
    revised
    d-day
    battle of the bulge
    guadalcanal
    50th anniversary with a '41 and '42 scenario
    25th anniversary 1942
    pac40
    euro40
    global40

Oh, you were referring to the 1942(25th anniversary)?
    Generally, the Anniversary Edition name goes to the big one with italy and China as separate countries. The other one is called the 1942 edition.

BTW, who do you think has the advantage in E40?

• TripleA

well i might have exaggerated my experience.
    i have not played nova or bulge. but i have read many peoples opinions that they are unbalanced.

with my experience of euro40 and global40(with alpha) allies have advantage.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m