Have you ever pissing your opponent off with BB

• My thoughts exactly. If Russia is to survive the Axis onslaught, they’re going to need Allied help on the land, altough the Allied Navy should always be able to withstand and defeat an assault by the Luftwaffe(which I always intend to be as big as possible :-D)

• Hi you all

It seems like I have to explane my idea.

Russia and Germany are often figthing between ukraine, caucasus, Karelia, west russia etc.

If you have a equal battle where russia have a lot of converted fighters (4-8) and perhaps have received one or two supply with perhaps 3 full trannie i will explain the scenario.

UK have 3 trannies and us perhaps 4 or 5 waiting for joint strike to come. Germany has to hold back troop to counter if joint forces strike.
    By firing 2 BB one Uk and one US with marine you should hit 1,87 units per turn which will cause the Germans to hold back units to be ready for countering the joint strike. From western Europe to war agianst the russians is between 3 and 4 spaces and thereby you are slowing down the axis to advance from west. Thereby the russians have an easier battle agains germany. And then if the Germans choose to cover west or eastern territories adjecent to Berlin You strike with the Joint strike the weakest spot either western Europe or Eastern Europe.
    Thats my point - if you feel its stupid fair enough but when i play agains my crew it seems like a good solution

kind regards Niels

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@forzaniller:

A funny one i often use

If you have a massive fleet near Englang with allies - use your Battleships every round by attacking a space with one infantry am.assault and fire the battleships.
    If you play with NA us will hit avr. 1 pr round and Uk 5/6 pr round
    Additional Battleships is more fun and combinet bombardment with some destroyers is perfect. The russians use to like that Germany has to hold units back for covering the western front

It may sound like a lot of work to set it up but often in my games the sceenario is often realised (mayby because i prefer KG but of course it can be used on Japs to but i think it is a waste off time eliminating their fleet

kind regards
    Niels

Dead Zone W. Europe.  Leave 1 defender there, now you burn off the off shore bombardments for minimal costs and can reinvade to collect the cash later.  After al, W. Europe is worth 6 IPC, why waste 36 IPC in dead infantry to bombardments for nothing?

And, as Switch said, if you put your fleet in SZ 5, just buy a submarine.  8 IPC can save you hundreds of IPC!

• @Cmdr:

And, as Switch said, if you put your fleet in SZ 5, just buy a submarine.  8 IPC can save you hundreds of IPC!

8 IPC gone each turn saves hundreds of IPC. One should calculate if the ‘interest paid’ on that ‘loan’ is worth it…

• As I said, it was a single game where the UK went BB crazy and bought 4 to add to the 1 they had.

For 8 IPC every-other-turn I cut off the BB shots into my capital and to Eastern.

It was a pain in the butt move (notice the subject header of this thread), that when combined with solid Japan play was sufficient to win the game.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Magister:

@Cmdr:

8 IPC gone each turn saves hundreds of IPC. One should calculate if the ‘interest paid’ on that ‘loan’ is worth it…

Tally up the combined punch of all the destroyers and battleships England has.  If that tally, divided by 6, is greater than 3, then the submarine is worth it. (3 hits = 9 IPC in infantry.  Or 1 submarine costs 8 IPC.)

• if england destroys only 3 inf on avarage I wouldn’t buy the sub, cause england has to invest an inf to make his bombardment, so in  this case the net gain for england is only 6. Thus the sub stalling only would be profitable if he mades 4 hits on avarage.

• Unless UK would have a viable chance to actually TAKE Berlin if they landed in force using the BB shots in addition to the others forces they could bring to bear…

8 IPC is a heck of a lot cheaper than a capital…

• 8 IPC is a heck of a lot cheaper than a capital…

No doubt, but that should be a special situation not the regular one.

• All of the examples with massed BB’s are special situations  :-D

• @HolKann:

WTF a Russian carrier??
    (referring to that 2nd link)

The russian AC saved the day and the Allies won the match…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m