Tjoek's Global 1940 setup charts: Updated Jan 31st

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Update:
    I’ve finished and corrected all the setup charts for both the OOB 1940 scenario as well as Larry Harris’ 1942 scenario. They can be downloaded in one ZIP file

As my custom map use a few name changes to territories of both Russia and China, I’ve added the setup charts with the old names as well as the new names. So you can print what you like best.

Enjoy!

Note I’ve slightly updated the artwork such that the white letters now have a black border just as in the original artwork. 2 previews below:

UK 1942

US 1942

---------------------- Original message below ---------------------------
    Hi guys,

Parallel on finishing my Anniversary map file and working on my custom roundels I started working on custom setup charts for Global 1940. I wanted to have custom setup charts to a few reasons:

• I personally don’t like the wordy way the setup charts on the box are. I prefer table style layout so it becomes easy to spot how many of which unit type you’ll need
    • The global 1940 setup has a few minor changes compared to the setup on the boxes. This way we don’t have to double check the rule book for the minor changes
    • I will include a setup chart for the neutral territories (as I’ve removed the standing army number in my custom map file for Global 1940).
    • It becomes easy and straightforward to add the 1942 setup variant as well

Inspired by the work of Siredblood I started designing with two design principles in mind:

• the same look and feel as the original artwork of the game
    • should fit inside the original boxes that come with the game

Once again shout out what you think about them! And let me know if things can be improved.
    Download Germany
    Germany

Download Japan
    Japan

Download UK
    UK

Before I came up with these charts I worked on a system with one card per territory with visual clues to which units should be placed there. This will generate a lot of cards which I thought would be to cumbersome. But check it out for yourself anyway:
    Germany Territory

• Nice work Tjoek!

Small thing: maybe instead of M/m for Industrial Complexes use L/S? The difference right now is easy to overlook if you ask me. And Large/Small should readily translate to Major or Minor right?

• '20 '19 '18

I’m loving this design (as you know) and will put these on my boxes (inside of the lid will be reserved for the global 1942 setup.

I’m not a big fan of the reference cards as it will be quite a large stack that in my opinion doesn’t help much in terms of setup time. Although it may be useful for new players.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

Thanks guys!

Note that I’ve updated the first post to add download links to the original sized files at 300dpi. Since the new forum the old ways are gone and I need to link differently. Will get used to it :-)

• Excellent work. Thank you for improving the game.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

I’ve finished creating all the setup charts for both Global 1940 and 1942. See the first message for the ZIP file containing all files. This does include setup charts for the Neutral powers as well.

Let me know if there are any errors.

• @Lil-Blue-Spider said in Tjoek's Global 1940 setup charts: Updated Dec 23rd:

Nice work Tjoek!

Small thing: maybe instead of M/m for Industrial Complexes use L/S? The difference right now is easy to overlook if you ask me. And Large/Small should readily translate to Major or Minor right?

As you can see I’ve left it as M/m as to me this is the closest visualisation to the Major / minor IC as they are called. I thought about using 10 / 3 (max number of units that can be build) to represent them but that didn’t look right next to the number of units in the other columns.

• @Tjoek said in Tjoek's Global 1940 setup charts: Updated Dec 23rd:

I’ve finished creating all the setup charts for both Global 1940 and 1942. See the first message for the ZIP file containing all files. This does include setup charts for the Neutral powers as well.

They look great!

A few errors:

ANZAC
    NSW minor factory (not major)

Neutrals
    Persia 2 inf (not 3)

Germany
    Poland tac (not ftr)

Italy
    sz95 missing sub

UK Europe
    France art (not inf)
    Scotland airbase (not naval base)

UK Pacific
    India art (not mech)

USA
    Midway/Wake/Guam each have airbase (not naval base)

• This is just what I was looking for, thank you!

• This post is deleted!

• @8thGuards said in Tjoek's Global 1940 setup charts: Updated Dec 23rd:

@Tjoek said in Tjoek's Global 1940 setup charts: Updated Dec 23rd:

They look great!

A few errors:

ANZAC
    NSW minor factory (not major)

Neutrals
    Persia 2 inf (not 3)

Germany
    Poland tac (not ftr)

Italy
    sz95 missing sub

UK Europe
    France art (not inf)
    Scotland airbase (not naval base)

UK Pacific
    India art (not mech)

USA
    Midway/Wake/Guam each have airbase (not naval base)

Thanks 8thGuard! I cannot believe I made this many mistakes. Knowing you I’m sure that everything you found are real mistakes on my part :-)

Will try to fix them this asap.

• @8thGuards Did you by any chance also verify the 1942 setup? Or just the 1940 setup?

• @Tjoek said in Tjoek's Global 1940 setup charts: Updated Dec 23rd:

@8thGuards Did you by any chance also verify the 1942 setup? Or just the 1940 setup?

Just the 1940, sorry.

I have an idea for something else. What about another chart about 2/3rds of the size of one of these setup charts, divided in two sectors. One sector with a unit price list, another with a mobilization zone for the purchase face. I think would be a lot better than the “fixed” price list/mobilization zone that used to be on the map (before you removed it, which I approve of). Then you could basically put it down wherever you want, depending on what power and which side of the map you’re at.

• @8thGuards said in Tjoek's Global 1940 setup charts: Updated Dec 23rd:

Just the 1940, sorry.

That’s fine, just wanted to make sure 1942 still needs to be checked. Will do this myself.
    I’ve finished your corrections on 1940, but want to release all cards after checking 1942 as well before I upload them to prevent repeated manual work to combine and upload the files.

@8thGuards said in Tjoek's Global 1940 setup charts: Updated Dec 23rd:

I have an idea for something else. What about another chart about 2/3rds of the size of one of these setup charts, divided in two sectors. One sector with a unit price list, another with a mobilization zone for the purchase face. I think would be a lot better than the “fixed” price list/mobilization zone that used to be on the map (before you removed it, which I approve of). Then you could basically put it down wherever you want, depending on what power and which side of the map you’re at.

I’ve been looking at a similar ‘unit stats’ and ‘mobilisation zone’ cards, but haven’t thought about combining this into one card. Will give it a try some day.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@LevHunter and @8thGuards with some help of @Quirky-Turtle I’ve also corrected a few minor 1942 setups errors. I’ve update the first post of this thread with a new file that now also includes charts for the original territory names of Russia and China in case you are not using my custom map.

• '17 Customizer

Is this in MS Excel? If so, can you share the file?

• @sjelso said in Tjoek's Global 1940 setup charts: Updated Jan 31st:

Is this in MS Excel? If so, can you share the file?

Sorry it’s not in Excel.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m