• @GuderianHG:

@Gerbilkit:

And sometimes the allies are nice enough to build ICs for you in India/Sinkiang.  :-D

Yeah, I’ve made that mistake! Once bitten, twice shy  :-P

It’s not a bad strategy if you’re going KJF. It just requires a lot of coordination between the allies. It’s an all or nothing deal really.  It’s not going to work unless Russia defends Sinkiang and both ICs are built on R1, followed by massive naval builds by the US.  If you only do part of the plan then Japan parties in Asia.  :-P

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@GuderianHG:

@Gerbilkit:

And sometimes the allies are nice enough to build ICs for you in India/Sinkiang.  :-D

Yeah, I’ve made that mistake! Once bitten, twice shy  :-P

Believe me, by the time I get around to putting Industrials in India and/or Sinkiang with the allies, Japan’s already half dead, I’m just reinforcing the idea that you are dead and should quit the game at that point. :P

Generally speaking, we’re talking a Japan who lost half their fleet in SZ 52 (Sub, Carrier, 2-4 fighters, battleship, destroyer), got pounded in China (lost maybe 5 or 6 infantry) and has England and America crawling right up their Imperial Sun.  (BTW, the losses are not just from Japan’s attacks, also from Japan’s defenses.)

Then, sure, it’s already game over for Japan, so why not reinforce the Pacific and keep them out forever.

• The big clue for me that Japan needs to surrender is when Russia is building BB’s and TRNs with their IC in Manchuria  :evil:

@ncscswitch:

The big clue for me that Japan needs to surrender is when Russia is building BB’s and TRNs with their IC in Manchuria  :evil:

Dunno about the IC in Manchuria, but I have put Carrier, 2 Fighters, Battleship in the water in SZ 16 in one round with Russia.  That’s usually a pretty clear signal that the game’s over. 60 IPC in equipment and all, ya know.

• In my opinion the only riht thing to do with Japan is to build 2 IC in first round
    Placed in Kwangtung and Manchuria.
    I attack China with 6 infantry and leaves one behind in French Indochina.
    Of course clear as much hostile navy as possible and land at least 3 fighters in Manchuria together with 1 infantry and 1 armor from Japan with the transport from 61. On that way you are safe enough to the next round and if britain is taking French indochina i take it back.
    I believe that if they take french indochina only is an advantage for japan by reducing the stack in India

By the way we always plays with national advantages. And therefore 99,9% of the games Britain starts with a IC in india

Niels

• I only build 2 IC’s in Japan is too heavily pressed navally for 3-4 transports to survive right then. (Say, British ran all over the place, took Borneo, and have a lot of ships in attack range that it’s impractical for Japan to wipe them all).

IC’s without AA are also vulnerable to UK, later US strategic bombing ‘for free’ (1,2,3,3,3,3 averages 2.5 IPC damage, better than 3.5*5/6 = 2.92 vs Germany with a 15/6 = 2.5 IPC risk of losing bomber). Only later can Japan have a 3-area-deep conquest for them to be safe.

I’ll build two Japanese Industrials on the Mainland in one of two situations:

1. Most Likely - I expect a Kill Japan First allied strategy.  Either because of National Advantages selected, or because of previous experience with the person or because of how Russia and England developed their turns or all of the above.  In this case, I cannot expect to have transports and surface ships available for moving units from Mainland China to the Asian sea board, so the complexes are worth their weight in gold.

2. Least Likely - I plan to engage in a Kill America first strategy.  Again, I won’t have transports and surface ships to protect them for long, so I’ll need the complexes eventually.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m