18L G40 Ichabod (X) vs. weddingsinger (A) w/ 17

• '17

My Mom is visiting all the way from California…I probably can only do 1 turn at most per day this week. Maybe less.

On another note…the non-stop bombings of Germany definitely put the hurt on…made me constrict/retreat and lose a lot of ground.

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - ANZAC
                ANZAC buy 1 destroyer and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - ANZAC
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 54 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from New South Wales to 55 Sea Zone

Combat - ANZAC
                Battle in 55 Sea Zone
                    ANZAC attack with 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Japanese defend with 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
                    1 submarine owned by the Japanese Submerged
                        ANZAC roll dice for 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber in 55 Sea Zone, round 2 :  4/4 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer in 55 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/1 hits
                        1 fighter owned by the ANZAC and 1 destroyer owned by the Japanese lost in 55 Sea Zone
                    ANZAC win with 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is -2
                    Casualties for ANZAC: 1 fighter
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 55 Sea Zone to Dutch New Guinea
                1 fighter moved from 55 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 mech_infantry moved from New South Wales to Queensland

Place Units - ANZAC
                1 destroyer and 1 transport placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
                ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
                Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
                1 cruiser moved from 109 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 91 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
                3 infantry moved from Tobruk to Alexandria
                1 infantry moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to Egypt
                1 fighter moved from Norway to 110 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from United Kingdom to 110 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - French

triplea_42711_Fre6.tsvg

• @Ichabod:

My Mom is visiting all the way from California…I probably can only do 1 turn at most per day this week. Maybe less.

On another note…the non-stop bombings of Germany definitely put the hurt on…made me constrict/retreat and lose a lot of ground.

The guys I play in real life would tell you there are few things I like better than bombing factories.

Hope you have a good visit.  I’ve had a hell of a day myself.  Got engaged and had to put the dog down (those two things are not related, but happened within 12 hours of each other).

• '17

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 7

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 3 armour and 3 tactical_bombers; Remaining resources: 11 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                2 armour moved from Rostov to Bryansk
                1 armour moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Bryansk
                1 infantry moved from Nenetsia to Vologda
                1 mech_infantry moved from Novgorod to Vologda
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Novgorod to Vologda
                2 infantry moved from Belarus to Smolensk
                1 bomber moved from Novgorod to Russia
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Belarus to Smolensk
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Belarus to Vologda
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 115 Sea Zone to Smolensk
                1 submarine moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 115 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Vyborg to Finland
                1 infantry moved from Vyborg to 115 Sea Zone
                1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from Germany to 114 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 113 Sea Zone to Denmark
                1 fighter moved from Germany to 112 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Germany to Denmark
                1 mech_infantry moved from Poland to Western Ukraine

triplea_42711_Ger7.tsvg

• '17

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
                Germans buy 3 armour and 3 tactical_bombers; Remaining resources: 11 PUs;

Combat Move - Germans
                2 armour moved from Rostov to Bryansk
                1 armour moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Bryansk
                1 infantry moved from Nenetsia to Vologda
                1 mech_infantry moved from Novgorod to Vologda
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Novgorod to Vologda
                2 infantry moved from Belarus to Smolensk
                1 bomber moved from Novgorod to Russia
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Belarus to Smolensk
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Belarus to Vologda
                1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 115 Sea Zone to Smolensk
                1 submarine moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 115 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Vyborg to Finland
                1 infantry moved from Vyborg to 115 Sea Zone
                1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 115 Sea Zone to 114 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from Germany to 114 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 113 Sea Zone to Denmark
                1 fighter moved from Germany to 112 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Germany to Denmark
                1 mech_infantry moved from Poland to Western Ukraine

Combat - Germans
                Strategic bombing raid in Russia
                        AA fire in Russia : 0/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                    Bombing raid in Russia rolls: 8 and causes: 8 damage to unit: factory_major
                    Bombing raid in Russia causes 8 damage total.
                Battle in 112 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 fighter
                    British defend with 1 transport; Americans defend with 1 transport
                        1 transport owned by the British and 1 transport owned by the Americans lost in 112 Sea Zone
                    Germans win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 14
                    Casualties for Americans: 1 transport
                    Casualties for British: 1 transport
                Battle in Finland
                    Germans attack with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Americans defend with 1 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Finland, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        Americans roll dice for 1 infantry in Finland, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Finland, round 3 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        Americans roll dice for 1 infantry in Finland, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the Americans lost in Finland
                    Germans win, taking Finland from Americans with 1 artillery remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                    Casualties for Americans: 1 infantry
                Battle in 113 Sea Zone
                    Germans attack with 1 destroyer, 2 submarines and 1 transport
                    Russians defend with 1 submarine
                        Germans roll dice for 2 submarines in 113 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        1 submarine owned by the Russians lost in 113 Sea Zone
                    Germans win with 1 destroyer, 2 submarines and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Russians: 1 submarine
                Battle in Denmark
                    Germans attack with 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 1 infantry
                    British defend with 2 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Denmark, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                        British roll dice for 2 infantry in Denmark, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        1 fighter owned by the Germans, 1 infantry owned by the Germans and 2 infantry owned by the British lost in Denmark
                    Germans win, taking Denmark from British with 1 artillery remaining. Battle score for attacker is -7
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 fighter and 1 infantry
                    Casualties for British: 2 infantry
                Battle in Smolensk
                    Germans attack with 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                    Russians defend with 2 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Smolensk, round 2 : 3/6 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                        Russians roll dice for 2 infantry in Smolensk, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Russians and 2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Smolensk
                    Germans win with 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                    Casualties for Russians: 2 infantry
                Battle in Vologda
                    Germans attack with 2 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                    Russians defend with 2 infantry
                        Germans roll dice for 2 fighters, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Vologda, round 2 : 2/6 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                        Russians roll dice for 2 infantry in Vologda, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Vologda
                    Germans win with 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -1
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    Casualties for Russians: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Vologda to Bryansk
                2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Smolensk to Bryansk
                2 aaGuns, 18 artilleries and 12 infantry moved from Belarus to Bryansk
                1 bomber moved from Russia to Bryansk
                1 tactical_bomber moved from Germany to Novgorod
                2 fighters moved from Germany to Novgorod
                1 aaGun and 2 infantry moved from Vyborg to Novgorod
                4 armour moved from Novgorod to Bryansk
                4 mech_infantrys moved from Novgorod to Bryansk
                1 fighter moved from 112 Sea Zone to Germany
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Yugoslavia to Bessarabia

Place Units - Germans
                3 armour placed in Ukraine
                3 tactical_bombers placed in Novgorod

Turn Complete - Germans
                Germans collect 49 PUs; end with 60 PUs
                Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 65 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

AA fire in Russia : : -0.17
        Germans : 1.50
        British : 1.33
        Americans : 0.33
        Russians : 2.67

triplea_42711_Ger7.tsvg

• '17

@weddingsinger:

@Ichabod:

The guys I play in real life would tell you there are few things I like better than bombing factories.

Hope you have a good visit.  I’ve had a hell of a day myself.  Got engaged and had to put the dog down (those two things are not related, but happened within 12 hours of each other).

Congrats on the engagement!

• TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Russians
                Russians repair damage of 11x factory_major; Remaining resources: 13 PUs;
                Russians buy 3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Russians
                1 infantry moved from Jehol to Shantung
                      Chinese take Shantung from Japanese
                1 infantry moved from Jehol to Anhwe
                      Chinese take Anhwe from Japanese
                1 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar
                      Chinese take Chahar from Japanese
                6 armour, 16 artilleries, 21 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
                1 artillery moved from Tambov to Bryansk
                1 submarine moved from 125 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone

Combat - Russians
                Battle in Bryansk
                    Russians attack with 6 armour, 17 artilleries, 21 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                    Germans defend with 2 aaGuns, 7 armour, 18 artilleries, 1 bomber, 4 fighters, 13 infantry, 6 mech_infantrys and 4 tactical_bombers; Italians defend with 1 armour and 6 mech_infantrys
                        Russians roll dice for 6 armour, 17 artilleries, 21 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Bryansk, round 2 :  17/45 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 2 aaGuns, 8 armour, 18 artilleries, 1 bomber, 4 fighters, 13 infantry, 12 mech_infantrys and 4 tactical_bombers in Bryansk, round 2 :  21/60 hits
                        21 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 mech_infantry owned by the Italians, 2 aaGuns owned by the Germans, 1 bomber owned by the Germans and 13 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Bryansk
                        Russians roll dice for 6 armour, 17 artilleries and 1 mech_infantry in Bryansk, round 3 :  9/24 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 8 armour, 18 artilleries, 4 fighters, 11 mech_infantrys and 4 tactical_bombers in Bryansk, round 3 :  19/45 hits
                        1 mech_infantry owned by the Russians, 5 mech_infantrys owned by the Italians, 1 armour owned by the Russians, 17 artilleries owned by the Russians and 4 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans lost in Bryansk
                        Russians roll dice for 5 armour in Bryansk, round 4 :  3/5 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 8 armour, 18 artilleries, 4 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 4 tactical_bombers in Bryansk, round 4 :  12/36 hits
                        5 armour owned by the Russians, 1 artillery owned by the Germans and 2 mech_infantrys owned by the Germans lost in Bryansk
                    Germans win with 8 armour, 17 artilleries, 4 fighters and 4 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -58
                    Casualties for Germans: 2 aaGuns, 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 13 infantry and 6 mech_infantrys
                    Casualties for Italians: 6 mech_infantrys
                    Casualties for Russians: 6 armour, 17 artilleries, 21 infantry and 1 mech_infantry

Non Combat Move - Russians
                2 aaGuns moved from Jehol to Anhwe
                4 infantry moved from Jehol to Manchuria
                10 infantry moved from Jehol to Anhwe

Place Units - Russians
                3 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
                Russians collect 22 PUs; end with 22 PUs

triplea_42711_Rus7.tsvg

• '17

For future reference, I usually don’t ever battle calc bombers as being a defense hit point. It’s too much of a waste of an expensive unit that I don’t really buy many of. Maybe if I’m allies sending US bombers to Moscow or India. How this battle played out, I would not have used the German bomber as a hit point.

Also, before dice thrown, the attackers’ expected TUV was -71 (if the bomber is a hit); but if the bomber is not part of the calculation, it was -82.

Since you buy more bombers than me, you might want to consider this as a philosophy yourself; never use bombers as a hit point when battle calculating defense. They are too precious to lose rolling 1s for 1 round.

• Good point.

Usually I don’t think about that since a battle I know I can’t win is rare.  In this case I simply wanted to do as much damage as I could and figured all my units attacked on par as defense (since I had so much artillery) and your attack on Moscow would absolutely crush me, this would cost you more units totally, even though it would free them up a round early.

• If you’d like to swap out casualties, go ahead since OOL is very much a thing in these games.

• '17

@weddingsinger:

If you’d like to swap out casualties, go ahead since OOL is very much a thing in these games.

I appreciate that! If you look at the expected Battle Calc results of the battle vs the outcome, you’ll see that your Soldiers/Artillery got in a pretty good outcome. The bomber could have never been a casualty and Germany could have easily ended up with more units on the board.

If you agree for me to swap out a bomber for an artillery, I would appreciate that.

I’ll wait for your reply before conducing Japan’s turn.

• '17

@weddingsinger:

Good point.Â

Usually I don’t think about that since a battle I know I can’t win is rare.  In this case I simply wanted to do as much damage as I could and figured all my units attacked on par as defense

I understand. In the critical first roll, Russia could have got 2-3 more hits while if Germany got like 4-6 less hits…could have flipped the odds.

As far as the bomber thing goes, in one of my first league games, Russia was counter attacking me like you just did. The opponent asked for OOL. I said best defense OOL…he rolled 1 round, got good dice, killed my 5 German bombers and then retreated back to Moscow (where he added 3 more UK fighters). Losing those 5 bombers kept me from being able to attack with good odds Moscow and the US stack in Finland (which was my main focus at that time). I felt silly for losing 60 IPCs in precious bombers when I had no need to do so.

Like mentioned in the post above, I’ll wait for your response about trading an artillery for my bomber back.

• Yes, of course swap it out.

• '17

TripleA Move Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
                Japanese buy 2 destroyers, 1 factory_minor, 2 fighters, 7 infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens;

Combat Move - Japanese
                1 infantry moved from Siberia to Sakha
                      Japanese take Sakha from Russians
                1 infantry moved from Siberia to Soviet Far East
                      Japanese take Soviet Far East from Russians
                1 artillery moved from Korea to 6 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                1 artillery moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
                1 infantry moved from Tsinghai to Kansu
                      Japanese take Kansu from Chinese
                1 artillery and 4 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Chahar
                1 bomber moved from Kweichow to Chahar
                1 bomber moved from Kweichow to Chahar
                2 battleships, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 2 submarines and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 39 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone
                2 tactical_bombers moved from India to 80 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 45 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 55 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Philippines to 35 Sea Zone
                1 carrier and 1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 8 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from 6 Sea Zone to Japan
                4 fighters moved from 6 Sea Zone to 8 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 6 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone
                1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Kwangtung
                1 infantry moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi

triplea_42711_Jap7.tsvg

• We’re both getting error messages and can’t upload files manually, so doing by email.

• '17

Sent the file for Italy’s combat moves…asking if you want to intercept the bombing raid on Norway.

• '17

Ridiculous that you still had a fighter to intercept with…and a huge air force…should have been thinned way more in that sea battle against Germany earlier.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m