• Hi,

I have a question about the extra hit on the battleship. When I do an amphibious with shore bombardment, can I take a hit on my battleship
    which comes from a land unit? Or can I only take the extra hit in seabattles?

And what about the destroyer that blocks Egypt. I know, when you pass an enemy vessel during an amphibious, you have to fight first and you lose the opening fire. The way we play, we send a separate german airforce to wipe away the destroyer first. Then, in the same turn, move into the Egypt seazone to start the amphibious WITH opening fire (because the BB wasn’t in the seabattle). But I’m not sure if this is correct?

And one more thing, can you do the opening fire only once, or on every turn when you roll dice for your troops.

Hope you can help me out! Thanks.

• Official Q&A

@blitzkrieg:

When I do an amphibious with shore bombardment, can I take a hit on my battleship which comes from a land unit? Or can I only take the extra hit in seabattles?

You can’t take hits on your sea units in the land battle.

@blitzkrieg:

And what about the destroyer that blocks Egypt. I know, when you pass an enemy vessel during an amphibious, you have to fight first and you lose the opening fire. The way we play, we send a separate german airforce to wipe away the destroyer first. Then, in the same turn, move into the Egypt seazone to start the amphibious WITH opening fire (because the BB wasn’t in the seabattle). But I’m not sure if this is correct?

Nope, it’s illegal.  All combat movement must be complete before any combat is done (except for unloading of amphibious land units when a sea battle precedes the assault), so the ships will be in the sea zone and participate in the battle.

@blitzkrieg:

And one more thing, can you do the opening fire only once, or on every turn when you roll dice for your troops.

Only once per battle.

• ai. I’ve been playing it wrong. But I’m gonna change that tonight:)

thanks a lot Krieghund!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m