• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

Actually the Axis can, IF one Allied capital has already fallen, and IF one of the remaining Allies is severely weakened already.

Only if the axis player is exceptional or the allied player a doofus, IMHO.

Japan takes Moscow.  England takes Germany and America takes S. Europe (and W. Europe with an IC on it.)

Who’s going to win?  Japan, or the allies?

America takes Japan, Manchuria, Kwangtung, Philippines, Okinawa and New Guinea.  England takes Borneo, FIC and E. Indies.  Germany takes Russia but has no fleet of which to speak.

England turtles, safe in the knowledge that Germany has no fleet and most of her army is destroyed taking Russia.  Even the thought of losing Africa is meaningless as it has two major island groups to supplement the missing IPC.

Who’s going to win?  Germany, or the allies?

Sure, there’s a chance the axis may still live, but not a good one.  The Allies, on the other hand, have a very good chance of surviving the loss of a capitol, provided they have major armies left and significant income.

• Well, I have seen several players on here do it as Japan.

The first I think was JSP taking UK 2 turns after Moscow fell in a Tournament game…

• Generally, if one of your capitals is lost and u can’t take it back, and if u can’t take one of the enemies capitals, then
    the game is lost.

I’ve had Berlin as allies, and jap had moscow, allies won. Another game the same happened, jap
    was too strong and I conceded rnd 15-16 something  :-)

If G have Moscow and US have Tokyo most games will probably be won by the player who has the stamina to
    play 50 rnds…  :-) :lol:

The trick is engineering it so England gets Germany or S. Europe and America gets the other.

I like one power to have W. Europe and S. Europe and the other to have Germany because it means I can put 22 units on Europe a round vs Japan’s 12 in Asia. (assuming you buy an IC in W. Europe, and who doesn’t at that point?)

• Me for one Jen.

Once Germany has fallen and the Allies control Balkans and Eastern and have at least dead-zoned Ukraine/Belo/Karelia against a Japan assault, it is time for The Big Gulp in the Pacific as the US…

You’d still want an IC in W. Europe for England so that you can move the British fleet into the Med to pincer the Japanese fleet then.

Anyway, most players will just surrender after Moscow or Berlin falls. (Assuming a normal situation, which is to say, massive Axis armies, pitiful Allied armies or badly positioned Allied armies.  (switch if axis falls not allies.))

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m