• @M36:

Well, I don’t pull crap like that cause I’m a high speed, but I know the Army guys are ALWAYS getting in deep sh*t like that.

no civilians going onto the highway the base takes care of.

…. clocked this chick goin 125 MPH!!

• '19 Moderator

@M36:

Well, I don’t pull crap like that cause I’m a high speed, but I know the Army guys are ALWAYS getting in deep sh*t like that.

Been there, done that, never got caught….  :-D

Army guys do everything “High Speed”

• No seriously, theres guy in my brothers uh, troop, squadron, or whatever the hell the cavs are grouped in these days, that shoot up on weekends. :-P

• On the speed front…

Fastest I have ever driven:  165 mph in the fall of 1987 on US220 (now I-99) UPHILL on a straight stretch between the Cessna and St. Clairsville exits in a 1984 Jaguar XJS V12.  I could have gone faster, I still had pedal to go, but the alignment and wheel balance where not race tuned, and it was starting to vibrate like crazy at that speed.

On the “rant” topic, a slightly different rant…
    Annoying Neighbors.
    I have this one neighbor who has this hedge that could be REALLY GREAT, but he refuses to take care of it.  There are sweetgum trees growing up through it, and it has been infested with honeysuckle (or a close relative).  It is a property line hedge, but the trunks are on his side of the line  I work like crasy to keep my side of it looking half decent.  But he has not trimmed it in more than 2 years, will not deal with the sweetgum trees (and anyone who has dealt with sweetgum knows the problems they cause), and will not thin the honeysuckle from his side.

I can’t even just put up a fence and forget it because the honeysuckle will just grow over to my fence and rip it apart, and the sweetgum balls fall without regard to property lines…

If it were not for the privacy the darn thing gives me from this annoying neighbor, the annoying hedge would get a case of blight… ROUND-UP BLIGHT!

• '19 Moderator

A troop is a company.  I’ve known guys that did acid or x or both, mostly young guys though.  If I caught one of my guys putting a needle in his arm there would be hell to pay, and then I would make sure the shitbag went to rehab as  a civilian.  I don’t need a junkie watching my back.

I have however drunk myself sick many times with my buddies off duty.

• @dezrtfish:

I did “Keg Guard” at our company picnics with my XO/Supply Officer after we finished a cycle of new INF soldiers.  1LT Foster and I had to “test” the keg every time one of our cadre came for a beer.  We both had to make sure that the beer was of sufficient quality, and of course that it was not toxic…

After all, it is the duty of the S-4’s to make sure that the Ops guys have GOOD supplies…

Neither of us EVER saw the end of a company picnic…  :mrgreen:

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

@dezrtfish:

I did “Keg Guard” at our company picnics with my XO/Supply Officer after we finished a cycle of new INF soldiers.  1LT Foster and I had to “test” the keg every time one of our cadre came for a beer.  We both had to make sure that the beer was of sufficient quality, and of course that it was not toxic…

After all, it is the duty of the S-4’s to make sure that the Ops guys have GOOD supplies…

Neither of us EVER saw the end of a company picnic…   :mrgreen:

As a teenage military brat, I can remember those “evil bastards” at are picnics who sole purpose was to prevent me from getting a buzz.

• @Emperor:

As a teenage military brat, I can remember those “evil bastards” at are picnics who sole purpose was to prevent me from getting a buzz.

Oops sorry!

Can I buy you a beer?  :mrgreen:

• @ncscswitch:

You were doing it wrong.

We don’t drink alcohol because it isn’t toxic.  :wink:

• I don’t want to start a poltical discussion. I just want everyone to know this makes me mad.  :x :http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/democrats_spanish_debate Is English not the language of America?  :x

• 2007 AAR League

@cyan:

I don’t want to start a poltical discussion. I just want everyone to know this makes me mad.  :x :http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/democrats_spanish_debate Is English not the language of America?  :x

:-( i want to start a political discussion

• I hate when people let their religion dictate their actions.  I swear, it seems like some people are willing to make a horrible decision, just because they think it will get a higher approval rating with God.

• @AgentOrange:

just because they think it will get a higher approval rating with God.

I don;t have that problem  :evil:

• I’m prejudice against the elderly. :evil:

• @stuka:

I’m prejudice against the elderly. :evil:

As drivers?  You’re damn right.  8-)

• @AgentOrange:

@stuka:

Amongst other things

• 2007 AAR League

@AgentOrange:

@stuka:

I am prejudice against elderly female asians as drivers because everyone knows they are a combo of the 3 worst kinds of drivers :roll:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’m prejudiced against people who don’t play Axis and Allies.

I also don’t like people who eat things with faces on them.  They should rip the faces off first, THEN eat it!

• 2007 AAR League

This isn’t really a rant, but I want to give Kudos to the new French President for his recent statements regarding Iran.

• Back on the rant front…

Being on vacation, and because your company gives you a cell phone, a lap top, and a wireless broadband card, they expect you to still be answering your phone and checking your e-mail while you are on vacation…

I had more than a dozen phone calls TODAY, with multiple voice mails from co-workers (despite my outgoing message stating I am on vacation until 1 OCT) about inane CRAP, and asking why I had not responded to e-mails…

Can you REALLY take a vacation in the modern era of wireless telecommunications :?

I left the laptop and the wireless card at work, and my phone ringer is OFF!  :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m