• it says i will live to like 68 years old.  :cry: :cry: i have the worst family history ever. the only person who had a good long life in my family was my grandpa and he died at 78 due to a poor heart. thats pretty good considering the reason his heart was weak was from having been shot in the heart in world war two.  i have no surrving grandparents and my mother is my only surrving parert and I am only 15 years old.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/calcs/n_expect/main.asp

• shoot.  I’ll make it to 82 years.  It’s gonna’ get ugly.

• I have 13 years left…

• 2007 AAR League

Holy crap 96 years???  I think I broke the calculator…

• Results
    Based on your answers to the above questions, your current life expectancy is 81 years. If you’re not happy with the result, consider that by adopting a healthier lifestyle and avoiding various risk factors, you can increase your life expectancy by up to 15 years.

Your “ideal” weight for maximum longevity is: 191 lbs.

The three biggest positive factors that you have going for you are:
        1. Age of grandparents
        2. Personality type
        3. Smoking

The one biggest negative factor that you have going for you is:
        1. Gender

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Results
    If you continue maintaining healthy habits, you’ll want to plan for a maximum life expectancy of 102 years or more.

Your “ideal” weight for maximum longevity is: 120 lbs.

1. Age
        2. Gender
        3. Age of parents

The one biggest negative factor that you have going for you is:
        1. Weight

They’re wrong.  I plan to live forever, or die trying!

• 2007 AAR League

I still got a good 61 years going for me

I just wanna know how they came up with 102 years age expectancy.

• @Yanny:

1. Age of grandparents
        2. Personality type
        3. Smoking

the three biggest NEGATIVE factors
      1. Family health
        2. Gender
        3. Personality type

thats funny your postive factors are my negative ones. it say I live a healthy lifestyle. ( diet, excerise, no bad habits etc.) but my  grandpa who lived the longest is the only one of my parents/grandparents who didn’t smoke, or some other really bad habit. so i think i will live a lot longer than 68. .

• i dont know the methodology or how much time each factor adds/subtracts, but the way they would determine this is to take the starting life expectancy, and add or subtract time based on the various factors which risk-assessers can determine.

• @Janus1:

i dont know the methodology or how much time each factor adds/subtracts, but the way they would determine this is to take the starting life expectancy, and add or subtract time based on the various factors which risk-assessers can determine.

i’m guessing that you are right.  THere appear to be some “Framingham” type questions there (Framingham - American town where a lot of epidimiology was done with regards to heart disease) that i tend to ask and check on my patients.  Note: if your father had a vascular event before 50, or your mother before 60, you’ve just doubled your risk of an event.  Furthermore Smoking SIGNIFICANTLY increases your chance of a vascular event (vascular = heart attack or stroke in this model).

Makes sense, but 102 just seems too ridiculous a number.  Isn’t the average life expectancy in the United States like 85 for women?

• '19 Moderator

Results 
    Based on your answers to the above questions, your current life expectancy is 86 years. If you’re not happy with the result, consider that by adopting a healthier lifestyle and avoiding various risk factors, you can increase your life expectancy by up to 15 years.

Your “ideal” weight for maximum longevity is: 172 lbs.

1. Age of parents
        2. Age of grandparents
        3. Personality type

The two biggest negative factors that you have going for you are:
        1. Gender
        2. Weight

The weight thing is stupid, I haven’t weight that since I was 17, when I was in the best shape of my life I weighed more than 200lbs, at that time I could run multiple 7 minute miles and had on multiple occasions run 10miles plus with out stopping.

Also age of parents / grandparents is crap all but one of them is still alive, so I have no idea what age they will die at.  I guess I have to getr them to do this quiz so I will know…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m