All tapped out for strategies? Is it Game Over?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

Back on topic (and mathematical nuances of significant digits are NOT the subject of this thread)

Awe, and I was about to break into some high level, esoteric sh*t too. :P

How about this, I’ll give you even odds your transport shoots down two of my transports and damages my battleship, surviving the engagement and forcing my battleship to withdraw to lick her wounds. :P

• Jenn, I’ll take those odds.  I’ve seen 4 transports all get blown up by a lone bomber, and I’ve seen 3 transports blow up 2 bombers wihtout dying.  I may not have seen everything, but I’ve seen alot!  8-)

And PaintBrush, how much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?  Yeah, if given time I’d probably figure out that problem.  But for the rest of those numbers everyone’s breaking out…WHOOSH, over my head!

Yea, that happened to me against Djensen.

• Q: how much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Well from an engineers perspective (Note: Jen made point that engineers and mathematicians are in no way related.) I would answer that using the same approach I would answer is the glass half full or half empty?

To a mathematician this is a riddle that needs to be solved in order for life as we know it to continue. For an engineer standpoint I would say the glass is 50% bigger then it needed to be. So…

A: It can’t so it doesn’t matter. As an engineer I only need to find out the bare minimum to make things work then add 10% b/c people are going to go outside of that margin.

-LT04

Is the glass half full or half empty?

A: Mathematician - Depends on if you are filling the glass or emptying the glass.

• Is the glass half full or half empty?

Engineer:  The glass is all the way empty.   :wink:

Guess the driver of that locomotive was thirsty!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m