• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Honestly, the person who should be giving advice on killing England’s income fast, is NoMercy.  The man has it down to a science.  He even goes for Australia and New Zealand with the German Med Fleet!  A sick and twisted manuever if you ask me!

• 2007 AAR League

If the allies are trying to kill Germany hard… and your still making 34+ a turn even with half of Europe in there hands, it doesn’t make them to happy  :-D

in my tournament game it hasn’t been so pleasant for my Germany though…Lost most of my AF right away with some harsh bad luck with them (lost one to the BB and the works, lol) but I just finished turn 11 and managed to collect 47$ (41  +6 saved) thats with the allies all over Germany, and Japan was set back 5-6 full turns in Asia with there own little bad luck which allowed him to use a USA pacific Strat teamed with the UK ships…

it’s not uncommon for Germany to be collecting 50+ after the 3rd and 4th turns sometimes with me. (I managed to swipe Brazil off Jennifer for 2 turns with my spare transport.)

in my League game with Adonai on turn 5 I wasted a whole turn buying 5 transports and a DD and chewed up my AF taking his British Fleet off the map in the Atlantic and forgot to Stack Karelia heavier which allowed 4 transports to die to 2 Russian figs (bad dice but still bad play on my part)

but I am making 50+ since turn 3 and just made 56$ the last 2-3 turns (could have made 59$ on turn 6 but didn’t opt for WCAN)
    I will be taking Cauc next turn.

I definitely preach take out Africa quickly and efficiently.

• 2007 AAR League

It might be fun to see No Mercy’s Axis vs. Wazzup’s Allies.  Both seem to like to take Africa hard and fast.

• UK may be close to Germany but I always try to take Africa first with Germany. Then I tag-team Russia. After that I have always found it best to take Alaska with Japan and Panama with Germany and work my way to the middle. As I do this I leave UK stranded on their island with a German fleet waiting. Typically the UK does little to defend Canada and the US does little more. So the Axis tend to gain ground fast until the US can muster a force that will take a little more time.

• why take panama?  woudlnt it be better to take brazil so you could actuall maybe put an IC there and build stuff.  like bombers…

• 2007 AAR League

Honestly if the USA player lets any of that stuff happen … they aren’t that great

• USA can let Japan take Alaska or Panama (Panama’s a bit weird I admit), it’s what happens on US’s next turn that matters.

~Josh

• I take Panama b/c I only need one fleet to protect transports moving into Panama and the West Indies. I also do this b/c US is sending INF support to West Canada to slow down Japan so any US counter to Panama is at least another turn away.

Also I got ahead of my self Germany will have taken Brazil before they move to Panama, and like you said built an IC there for further support.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

If you are able to get an IC up in Brazil as the Axis, the game’s already over.  The allies might not know it, but it’s over.

• I don’t think it’s feasible to go KUKF.

Too easy for US to reinforce from sea zone northwest of London if Germany lands fighters at Western Europe, or southwest of London if Germany lands fighters at Norway.

Russia has more IPCs from the Europe territories to fight off Japan; Germany has to try to protect its navy and ground at the same time.  Germany and/or Japan can make a run for Africa, but if they do, that either lessens pressure on Russia (if Japan goes for Africa), or allows the Allies to quickly secure London and move on to air production (if Germany goes for Africa), either of which situations is IMHO not favorable for Axis.

Of course, if you are going to transpose that game into a KRF, it might have possibilities.

• The reason I would vote for a US kill after Russia falls b/c its equal distance for Japan and Germany. If you go the UK route its up to Germany for the most part b/c they should have it before Japan gets there. Not only that if the Axis forces take Africa UK isn’t going to impare Germany’s move to the US anyway.

-LT04

• 2007 AAR League

As always, it depends what the board looks like after Moscow falls.  Typical board would probably have Japan holding all of UK’s territories except Canada and Great Britain.  With an income that low how long could UK really hope to last against a combined GER/JAP with income over 100 IPC?

• @losttribe04:

The reason I would vote for a US kill after Russia falls b/c its equal distance for Japan and Germany. If you go the UK route its up to Germany for the most part b/c they should have it before Japan gets there. Not only that if the Axis forces take Africa UK isn’t going to impare Germany’s move to the US anyway.

-LT04

The German fleet has to get around London.  Any UK naval or air builds threatens the flow of units into the United States, and all the United States needs is a brief respite to kick the Axis out of North America.

Better to take Africa and go Germany vs London and Japan vs. San Francisco.  If either target falls, the Allies are toast, and the Axis will have a huge economic advantage with Russia and Africa fallen.

• @rjclayton:

As always, it depends what the board looks like after Moscow falls.  Typical board would probably have Japan holding all of UK’s territories except Canada and Great Britain.  With an income that low how long could UK really hope to last against a combined GER/JAP with income over 100 IPC?

It depends on how persuasive British ladies are.

Rawr.

Anyways - I already posted regarding what I think Axis should do after Russia falls.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m