• I’ve been looking for info on KJF strategies…and I had two questions.

1. Is there a forum game that demonstrates a successful KJF that someone could direct me to?

2. Does KJF mean Britain has to give up Africa to Germany? It seems like the Allies don’t have the resources to press Japan AND retake Africa.

• @Aretaku:

I’ve been looking for info on KJF strategies…and I had two questions.

1. Is there a forum game that demonstrates a successful KJF that someone could direct me to?

2. Does KJF mean Britain has to give up Africa to Germany? It seems like the Allies don’t have the resources to press Japan AND retake Africa.

There’s some differences in how to run KJF

many will utilize an India IC
    some just use US navy

Russian involvement in asia also is a variable.

KJF  can be  quite variable

• @Aretaku:

1.  Oh, I bet there is.  But do you really want “Grandmaster Bob vs. Noobie”?

Which is not to say that only grandmasters can execute KJF, and then only against noobs.  What I mean is that if you just grab a random KJF game, there’s no way to tell if the AXIS player knew what he/she was about - and then you wouldn’t get the best lines of play.

2.  If it’s strict KJF, yeah, pretty much.  Of course, there are variations.  Some KJF plans have the Allied fleet uniting at the sea zone west of Algeria for early contest of Africa.

• 2007 AAR League

i favor Brithis IC on Australia, then India and Africa can be reached fairly quickly and JApanesse islands are good IPC´s to UK.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

England does not yeild Africa to Germany in a good KJF.  In a good KJF, England moves units from England to Africa to reclaim with some American reinforcements, and focuses on island hopping in the Pacific while America primarily focuses on Aircraft Carriers, Fighters and Submarines.

@Aretaku:

Here’s one of my games, with the KJF variation that I like use.
    I will also use a 2 AC, 1 ftr purchase on US 1.  In the game below I went BB and AC.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=8741.0

@Aretaku:

No. 
    I agree with Jen.  You don’t have to concede Afr.
    Depending on what Germany buys, I typically will plan on a Heavy Allied landing in Alg in round 2.  UK with 3 inf, 1 rt, 2 arm, US with 2 inf, 1 rt, 1 arm.
    Now, add in a Unified UK fleet in Sz 30, you can have additional troops land on Africa’s eastern coast in rd 2 or 3 depending on how brave you are on having loading trns sitting in Sz 30.

UK and US can repeat a landing in Alg in rd 3 and Afr should be out of commission for Ger.  OR UK goes to Nor and US just shucks to Afr.  Although the latter is only possible if Germany is not a serious threat to your navy.  IE if Germany bought an AC on G1, you are likely not going to be able to split your Atlantic fleet for a while.

I perfer to wait until US 1 to fully announce the KJF with the US purchase and placement.

• @DarthMaximus:

Here’s one of my games, with the KJF variation that I like use.
    I will also use a 2 AC, 1 ftr purchase on US 1. In the game below I went BB and AC.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=8741.0

Thanks, Darth, I will check that out.

• Another variation, from a friend of mine……

http://boards.avalonhill.com/showthread.php?t=5456&highlight=bushido

R1
    Purchase
    3rtl 4inf, save 0
    Russia needs to hold on long enough against Germany in time for Japan to fall. This doesn’t mean buy nothing but infantry, however. Russia needs a certain amount of offense so that it threaten a punch into prematurely positioned German front lines that are inadequately protected with infantry. To this end, I think this build gives the best balance of Offense (13), Defense (14) and Units (7) for the money. Compare these ODU numbers (13-14-7) with an aggressive 3inf 3arm build (12-12-6) or an ultra- conservative 8inf build (8-16-8).

Combat
    1. vs 3inf 1rtl 1arm (WRu) with 11inf 2rtl 2arm 2ftr

• 2inf 1ftr (Kar)
    • 3inf 1arm (Arc)
    • 3inf 1rtl 1ftr (Rus)
    • 3inf 1rtl 1arm (Cau)
      Average result: take with 9inf 2rtl 2arm 2ftr

Non-combat
    1aa (Rus) to WRu
    2inf (Yak) 2inf (SFE) to Bur
    2inf (Eve) to Yak
    2inf (Nov) to Sin
    2inf (Kaz) to Per
    1arm (Rus) to Kaz
    1arm (Rus) to Nov
    2ftr (Wru) to Sin

Plan: If J1takes Buryatia, R2 can counter with up to 2inf 1arm 2ftr. If J1 takes India, R2 can counter with up to 2inf 1arm 2ftr. If J1 takes China, R2 can counter with up to 2inf 2arm 2ftr. If for some reason in R2 ftrs are not needed for eastern combat, from Sin they can make it to western front and land in Rus.

Place
    1inf (Cau)
    3rtl 3inf (Rus)

UK1
    Purchase
    1IC
    Expenditure of remaining 15IPCs depends on G1. Could be:
    5inf (if G1 bought any trn in SZ5)
    1ftr, save 5 (if G1 did not buy any trn in SZ5)

Combat
    1ac 1des (SZ35) vs 1trn (SZ59)
    1ftr (SZ35) 1sub (SZ40) vs 1sub (SZ45), ftr lands on US ac in SZ52
    2inf (Aus) vs 1inf (NGu) via 1trn (SZ40)

Non-Combat
    If both ac des survived SZ59 battle, then 1trn (SZ35) to SZ36, otherwise it shuttles 1inf (Tra) to Ind
    1inf (Per) to Ind
    1inf (Tra) to Per, if it is not shuttled to Ind by trn (see above)
    1bmb (UK) to Rus
    Depending on G1 tactics, UK may be free to fly 2ftr (UK) to Rus as well

• @DarthMaximus:

Now, add in a Unified UK fleet in Sz 30, you can have additional troops land on Africa’s eastern coast in rd 2 or 3 depending on how brave you are on having loading trns sitting in Sz 30.

I am very interested in a KJF, even though I’ve never played it. I am not very experienced in A&A anyway. I would like to ask you one thing: I’ve seen the KJF-game between DarthMaximus and Akreider2. Now there are after the UK1-move 2 fleets in the pacific: The US-fleet in Pearl and the UK-fleet in Couldn’t it be better to try to take out the british fleet and leave Pearl Harbour or was the counter of Akreider2 (more) correct to make Pearl and leave the UK-fleet in the south sea between Australia and India alive?

Thank you for taking this topic again after a long time.
    Stefan

I think Japan must attack the US at Pearl.  It is far more dangerous to leave the US fleet in Pearl than the UK fleet in Sz 30.

Some players will sink both, but there are pros and cons for that on both sides.

If I’m Japan, I’ll usually leave that merged fleet and deal with it later if I have to with the full J Navy/airforce.  I could run into trouble if the Allies do go Pac strat, but I prefer to limit my J1 attacks and attack heavy (such as sending everything I can to Pearl and everything else to China).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m