• Hey I 've played old version a few times and just started playing the revised version.  I had some success with a somewhat risky UK1 strategy the first time I played and was wondering what you guys thought of this uk1 strategy.  We play with no bidding and with 1 random national advantage for each country but we saw right away these were unbalanced and changed them up a little.  The reason I came across this strategy is that I started with colonial garrison and placed a IC in india.  This IC emboldened me and I decided attack FIC on turn 1.

Purchase 3 ARM 1FTR and do wtv with your last 5

Basically you attack with 2 FT and 3 INF vs 2 inf and 1FTR.  You have 2 more units and your 2 fighters can pack a little punch.  Statistically I believe you end up winning this battle with 1inf and 2 FT left most of the time.

You also use your sub from AUS to attack the jap sub

take out the transport in SZ 59 the first time I did this I moved my whole fleet, DD, AC and TRAN after the fight I landed my 2 planes on my carrier.

What this does is forces the japanese to choose between the american and british fleet leaving one alive, in this case he left the americains which i later used to cause hell.

The only thing i would change is I would maybe leave my TRAN in SZ 49 instead.  This blocks the japan transport from bringing troops to FIC and the navy at the caroline islands to join the battle in SZ 59.

Now if the japs want to retake FIC they need to use inf from kwantung, most likely 2 if they dont want to loose a ftr, which makes it rather difficult to take china also.

I then place my 3 arm in India, or if i didnt have it to start build an IC there and place 3 ARM there every turn.  With the americains I build an IC in sinkiang.  Both the india and sinkiang IC are backed by russian inf and i load up bury with russian inf.

I was able to push the japs off the mainland pretty quickly and the americains took care of all the little islands pretty much reducing japan to barely any income.

The 3 tanks in india on turn one really helped but i think it would have worked without them.  Thoughts anyone?

• 8 units > 2x 3 units.

Simply put, Japan can more than double your maximum output, all it has to do is is get 4 trannies in its homewaters.

With your strat, you will slow them down a bit, but they will come, and overwhelmingly.  I always smile as Japan when I see an early India IC.  Wipe out the British fleet, consolidate in the inner Japanese seazone, start pumping troops in and take India, even if it takes a few turns.  The Americans will take a bit getting there, so thats ok.  You should be able to knock out India by round three or four at the very latest.  Now Japan owns an IC in the best possible country ever to have one if you are going to invade Russia.  And if the Russians have been helping the UK defend India, then Germany is swarming all over their front, as they are short on men and the UK certainly isnt helping them as much as they could.

• It’s a bold strat indeed :) Maybe try to attack New Guinea with 2 inf from Australia; since this is clearly a KJF, you have to go all the way :evil: Also, try putting the Ind trn in SZ36, this way the Jap BB from JAV can’t attack your British fleet in SZ59, causing even more problems for the Jap to solve.

There are some other variants btw, like invading Borneo instead of Frenc Indo China, or letting the ftr join the sub in battle, whilst landing on the American carrier. Have fun looking for the optimal combo :)

• always happy when i see australia thinned out, makes it that much easier to steal.

But honestly Ive never played too many KJF games so Im not 100% on what I would do… it always seems a bit suboptimal, and with the German tank divisions hammering down on Moscow, far too risky imho.

I just try to get it in my head, the big picture, of the usual situation when the game really tilts.  Usually in KGF, with a fairly balanced game where the allies arent flat out winning, Germany is turtled hard right about the time Japan is sacking Moscow.  So I picture KJF, and I see Japan turtled or probably being sacked considering they are easier to strip of everything but the capital territory, and a WHOLE lot of US boats, and well… a German takeover of All of Europe and Russia, which is… oh god. Its scary.  I think with a solid german presence in eurasia, they will be impossible to get out…

Maybe I should try it just for the hell of it the next few games tho. =)

• @Bonesaw:

Basically you attack with 2 FT and 3 INF vs 2 inf and 1FTR.  You have 2 more units and your 2 fighters can pack a little punch.  Statistically I believe you end up winning this battle with 1inf and 2 FT left most of the time.

You also use your sub from AUS to attack the jap sub

take out the transport in SZ 59 the first time I did this I moved my whole fleet, DD, AC and TRAN after the fight I landed my 2 planes on my carrier.

What this does is forces the japanese to choose between the american and british fleet leaving one alive, in this case he left the americains which i later used to cause hell.

The only thing i would change is I would maybe leave my TRAN in SZ 49 instead.  This blocks the japan transport from bringing troops to FIC and the navy at the caroline islands to join the battle in SZ 59.

Now if the japs want to retake FIC they need to use inf from kwantung, most likely 2 if they dont want to loose a ftr, which makes it rather difficult to take china also.

I then place my 3 arm in India, or if i didnt have it to start build an IC there and place 3 ARM there every turn.  With the americains I build an IC in sinkiang.  Both the india and sinkiang IC are backed by russian inf and i load up bury with russian inf.

I was able to push the japs off the mainland pretty quickly and the americains took care of all the little islands pretty much reducing japan to barely any income.

The 3 tanks in india on turn one really helped but i think it would have worked without them.  Thoughts anyone?

You said you attacked FIC with 2 Ftrs. The first one must be from the carrier in SZ35, but where is the second one from? The Egypt’s one? That one can not fly to FIC unless you commited Kamikaze. In addition, that one is usually killed in GE1.

• '16 '15 '10

Unfortunately an India factory is not an ideal strat in Revised against an expert opponent.  It ties down too much British and Russian hardware in a defensive posture and keeps England from challenging effectively in the North Sea.  But if you start with the factory…well that changes things.

On the plus side an India factory provides the option of aggressively attacking Japan if the opportunity arises.  A KJF can be a lot of fun to play.  You just have to be prepared to lose if the Axis responds effectively.

• Even without a factory in India you can be aggressive in the pacific on UK1. By attacking the TNS in sz59 with a DD and the sub in sz45 with a FTR and sub you can slow down the Japanese advance, and hopefully distract them from what should be their main objective: Moscow. If your opponent is susceptible to such a distraction then you might consider an attack on Borneo as well.

• India IC can work if:

• Soviets didn’t attack Ukranie and stack in wru to threaten Karelia
    • UK builds saf IC to defend Africa without need of a fleet
    • UK must kill z59 trannie
    • USA builds Sinkiang IC and Pacific fleet
    • Soviets send siberian forces to Sinkiang
    • Soviets support suffling tanks back and forth from Caucasus

In this strat, I would not sacrifice valuable UK fleets against Japan 1st round. Indian and Australian navies can join with USA’s Pacific fleet mid game

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m