• I brought this up before, but here goes…

I believe that a great way to SJF while going for a KGF strategy would be to have the UK player build an IC in India on turn 1. I know that Russia can ill afford to send a tank and a fighter to India, but I think it would be worth it in order to secure their back door, and slow Japan. If you send absolutely every UK unit you can to reenforce this, and with the help of the USSR units, you should be able to hold it. Has anyone tried this, if so what is your success rate? I know Cmdr Jennifer thinks a S.African IC is better, but I tried that and it seemed to help, but not enough.

• I only do the Allied wall (IC’s in Sinkiang and India) if I have a pick of National Advantages and go with Colonial Garrison and Chinese Divisions. Even with that help it is still hard to hold off Japan from India. Sending Russian reinforcements to India weakens them against Germany whom they are already way short against economically.

India for the Axis is alot like Africa for the Allies. If they want it they will have it.

• This has been my experience too. The only thing you will do is give germany an easier time of it and give Japan a free IC.
    Now, if you wait until the Allies can push Japan out of India in force, around turn 10, then building an IC there is a good idea.
    It is hard to be patient in this game, especially as the Axis player, but the allies must be prepared to play the long game, build up your invasion forces for at least 4 turns then streamroller in. Easieir said than done, but the best Allied players do just that. :wink:

• My bigger problem with India IC is related to the IPC needed to buy unit there causing less resources for UK in Europe to counter Germany.

Moreover when the IC fall to Japanese hands it is a big help for assailing Russia.

• Perhaps my greatest single victory was when I took out 4 Russian armor and 5 Russian infantry in India….along with two rounds of British units, plus their starting gear.

I don’t care what Russia sends, or what England builds, an India IC is a gift to Japan unless the Allies commit to all out KJF…and even then Japan can still take it

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Japan will not always be able to take India.  I’ve seen many a game where there was so much Russian crap in India that Japan couldn’t possibly take it even if it was decided that all Japan round one attacks would hit automatically.

However, in those games, Germany just waltzed into Moscow regardless of what Matilda was doing in England or India.  :evil:

• @Cmdr:

Japan will not always be able to take India.  I’ve seen many a game where there was so much Russian crap in India that Japan couldn’t possibly take it even if it was decided that all Japan round one attacks would hit automatically.

However, in those games, Germany just waltzed into Moscow regardless of what Matilda was doing in England or India.  :evil:

Well yes, if the Allies are willing to give up Moscow, then India can indeed be held.  :-P

• If you are playing a KJF (or playing 50/50 correctly), losing India should not be a concern.

I would agree an IC in an all out KGF is a bad idea.

But the russians can support India sufficiently in most cases.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m