• I guess I left a wee part out the US player on US1 starts to mass a Navy in the Atlantic thus making an expensive buffer to break.

• 2007 AAR League

• @losttribe04:

I guess I left a wee part out the US player on US1 starts to mass a Navy in the Atlantic thus making an expensive buffer to break.

The US does need a fleet.  But going India/S. Africa is FAR more suited to a KJF than a KGF.

The UK is gallivanting off in India and South Africa, while the US is building a fleet in the Atlantic.  And meanwhile, the Russians are - where?  No reinforcements.

The Germans and Japs don’t need to break that Atlantic buffer.  All they need to do is make a beeline for Moscow for the win.

• 2007 AAR League

Lots of armor

• RE: to the KJF comment,

I don’t use UK to KJF, I use them to pacify Japan until I done with Germany. 3 INF and maybe 2 ARM per turn isn’t going to slow down Japan if they want the mainland.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Nah, no point to actually KILL Japan.  Too much work to get theri capital.  But, if you can take Borneo, East Indies and Philippines with England and Manchuria, Kwangtung, FIC with Russia, you are miles ahead of the game.  Even if you only take with England, that’s a massive coup for the Allies, and it’s very hard to protect against with Japan.

Everyone keeps saying that Japan can’t be cracked.  It’s not fiscally feasible.  Honky tonk!  Don’t let the Switches out there force you into THEIR game.  I’ve taken lots of islands with England before, especially if Japan is watching America build fleet and ignoring England!

• @losttribe04:

RE: to the KJF comment,

I don’t use UK to KJF, I use them to pacify Japan until I done with Germany. 3 INF and maybe 2 ARM per turn isn’t going to slow down Japan if they want the mainland.

Yeah, I actually think that was pretty well implied.  I don’t think there’s any way in hell that you can use India and South Africa to KJF while America’s building an Atlantic fleet.  It would be pretty ridiculous to expect Japan to actually fall.

I understand that you are NOT using the industrial complexes to KJF.  What I wrote was that I think you perhaps SHOULD be using one of those for a KJF plan.  (I don’t think the second should be built, but if it HAD to be, I think only a KJF would be good).

If you’re building an Atlantic fleet with the US, and are messing around in India/Africa with UK, Russia is going to take a beating - if you have skilled Axis opponents.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Nah, IC in India, IC in East Indies maybe an IC in Borneo.  That’s 11 Units a round into the Pac with England.  Ignore Germany other then reinforcements to Russia.  Let Russia slow Germany, and crush Japan.  Reduce them to their mainland, take their navy away, then go whole hog on Germany. (Russia should be under risk of falling at this point, but with the ability to stack up in SFE you can walk to Moscow with America and England taking the land for yourself until Moscow is liberated and push the Germans back.)

• @Jennifer:

Nah, IC in India, IC in East Indies maybe an IC in Borneo.  That’s 11 Units a round into the Pac with England.  Ignore Germany other then reinforcements to Russia.  Let Russia slow Germany, and crush Japan.  Reduce them to their mainland, take their navy away, then go whole hog on Germany. (Russia should be under risk of falling at this point, but with the ability to stack up in SFE you can walk to Moscow with America and England taking the land for yourself until Moscow is liberated and push the Germans back.)

Putting the wagon before the horse?

Exactly how is UK supposed to afford three ICs AND capture all those territories without any support from US?

• NO nation should EVER build 2 IC’s in turn 1.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m