• …a Us IC in Sinkiang, or a Uk IC in India?

• @Cobert:

…a Us IC in Sinkiang, or a Uk IC in India?

If it’s either/or, I think each of those choices is GOOD for Japan.

• I tend to agree.  An IC in India or Sinkiang only slows Japan down.  By J3 or J4, Japanese forces will overwhelm either IC.  However, if building an IC in India and Sinkiang is part of an Allied KJF, then it may be that Japan is overwhelmed before it can get established.  Then, the only hope for the Axis is a strong Germany.

SS

• Those choices are both good for Japan. One less IC they need to build for themselves. The Allies in question have to sink cash into defending the ICs instead of killing Germany.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I think any ICs build by the allies is good for Japan.

Better would be to take Borneo and New Guinea, put an IC in Australia or Egypt.  If you HAVE to build one.

• Well lets just say on J1 China isnt held, and Im thinkg about moving everything back into Sinkiang (save one infantry blocker) and building and IC there, and the Japanese will probably build an IC in French Indochina, and Im thinking about just placing some infantry on India every turn to match up with them so they wont have any overwhelming force.  Pretty much, Im considering holding off the Japs until the US player can finish off the Japanese navy and pick off islands, and im just thinking which IC could do better.  Asian IC’s seem to just be a bad choice early, but the japanese mainland is weak right now and they dont have many transports.

• It’s not possible to not move anything out of China.  The US goes “after” Japan, don’t forget, so no matter what you face, the minimum will always be 2 inf and 1 ftr.  Think about it. 8-)

• Generally, if you just build ONE industrial complex, the Japanese take it with transported infantry and mass air.  It takes a little while, but it is very difficult to stop.

@General_D.Fox:

It’s not possible to not move anything out of China.  The US goes “after” Japan, don’t forget, so no matter what you face, the minimum will always be 2 inf and 1 ftr.  Think about it. 8-)

He was saying if, by some miracle, Japan does not take China on J1.  Maybe they took India and her IC and Buryatia to remove British and Russian influence in the region?

• @Jennifer:

@General_D.Fox:

It’s not possible to not move anything out of China.  The US goes “after” Japan, don’t forget, so no matter what you face, the minimum will always be 2 inf and 1 ftr.  Think about it. 8-)

He was saying if, by some miracle, Japan does not take China on J1.  Maybe they took India and her IC and Buryatia to remove British and Russian influence in the region?

Who was saying that?  I was under the impression that General D. Fox mentioned that because it is anticipated that Japan WOULD attack China.

• No, this is really a game, and they didnt have enough attack power towards China and failed miserably and didnt even dent it.

• 2007 AAR League

Who was this because Japan should be able to overpower a single IC unless there is large Russian support

• Worst case for Japan is NO IC’s by the Allies… then they have to build all of their own :-P
    Best case (IMHO) is ONE IC in India (easiest to take for Japan since all of their naval power can be brought to bear, pending US moves, also)

TWO Allied IC’s (India and Sinkiang) CAN slow Japan down.  But a well played Japan will crack both in a few rounds, meanwhile the Allies are spending a lot of money in Asia, slowing their Germany offensives, and once both of those IC’s fall (and they will) Russia is FRACKED against Japan.

• I get the feeling this person wont run a ‘well played’ japan if they somehow managed to NOT take China on J1.  It wasnt even bad dice, it was just horrible planning.

This guy isnt even new to the game, hes played it a couple of times, hes just new to japan.

If no IC’s are better, then how can I quickly kill off Japan, orat least contain them to their home island so I can steal their VC’s?

This is turning into a ‘KJF quick’ thread.

• zomg, Japan didn’t take China on J1?

“This guy isnt even new to the game, hes played it a couple of times, hes just new to japan.”

Naw.  If you’re new to playing ANY country, you’re new to the game.

You can’t kill off Japan quickly unless some of its navy and/or air are dead.

• Jen has posted some high-risk strats for taking Japan income in some of hte KJF threads, you may want to check those out.

As I recall, she advocates skipping Round 1 IC’s as the Allies and instead Round 2 or 3 IC’s in places like East Indies and/or Borneo. :-)

• Thats what I was thinking, an IC in Borneo as UK throwing out a navy and then later some land units to shuttle around. In another game Ive played I did this and it worked prety well, it was well defended from Japanese assault and I built a massive airforce that wiped out the Japanese navy early on.

The nice thing about Borneo/East Indies or even Philippine Island ICs is that it’s exponentially harder to take them.  You can’t just mass 40 tanks and 80 infantry, you have to actually sink the fleet defending the island, build a fleet and invade the island.

• O rjust isloate them and wait for Germany to take Moscow and London :-D

• Yes, and if Japan takes them back, it doesnt really help them out as much as an Allies Asain mainland IC would do under Japanese capture.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m