• A & A revised OOB rules

1.  Sub vs. Sub battle - attacking sub hits on sneak attack - does the defending sub get a shot?  If the defending sub is in a fleet and is chosen as the causualty in a sneak attack, does it get to return fire?

2.  Fig. on aircraft carrier - carrier moves 2 spaces to engage in naval combat (as does the fighter) and the carrier is destroyed leaving only the fighter.  How far can it fly to land safely?

3.  Fig. on aircraft carrier - carrier is attacked and destroyed.  Fighter survives, how far can it move to safely land?

4.  Land combat - territories:  A - B - C.  Two infantry in A and one tank in C attack B.  Infantry die, can tank retreat to A?  Tank dies, can infantry retreat to C?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

1)  Yes.  Subs fire simultaniously, at least according to what moderator Switch has told me.

2)  Fighter has 2 movement spaces left.  It launched, moved two spaces, then attacked.

3)  Fighter gets 1 space to land in friendly territory.

4)  You may retreat to any territory you attacked from, and all units must retreat at the same time (except is air power can retreat before land units).  So yes, the tank can retreat whereever and the infantry whereever as long as at least 1 unit originated from that territory.

I use that all the time to get 2 movement with my infantry.  I attack, say, Ukraine from Caucasus and E. Europe, don’t kill everyone and retreat to E. Europe thus moving 2 spaces instead of 1 with all my infantry.

• And an add on note to #3.

If the FIG cannot reach a friendly territory or AC within 1 space, it crashes and dies.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

And an add on note to #3.

If the FIG cannot reach a friendly territory or AC within 1 space, it crashes and dies.

Aye, I thought it was implied, but restating it cannot be a bad thing either.

Remember, just because you don’t think the rules are fair or just or even realistic doesn’t mean they change!  (Except if you make a house rule all players agree too….)

• Subs from both sides shoot in “opening fire.” There is an “opening fire step” every round. Unless an opposing DES is present, sub hits (only can hit naval units) in opening fire don’t get to shoot back. Subs get a “free” shot every round.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m