• What’s an ometh? And an eth? Or are you referring to the old language style that is employed in KJV as well?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Shining:

What’s an ometh? And an eth? Or are you referring to the old language style that is employed in KJV as well?

He means to say that it’s written in old english.

• I would rather have the old english of the KJV than the messed up doctrines in the modernized versions.

• Gideon’s Bibles ARE KJV Bibles. Gideon’s didn’t do their own translation.

Of course they do different translations for Bibles in different languages. And according to their website, they also now offer the New King James Version, which is similar to the KJV in more modern English.

• Thanks for clearing that up. I’ve never used hotel Bibles before, we always have one or two with us.

@Avin:

Gideon’s Bibles ARE KJV Bibles. Gideon’s didn’t do their own translation.

Of course they do different translations for Bibles in different languages. And according to their website, they also now offer the New King James Version, which is similar to the KJV in more modern English.

They also give free copies to every enlistee in the United States Military…which is a good thing because Amry basic/officer courses only let you read the Bible, the Quran or the Tora during your “free time” no other material.

• I had no idea the US army let it soldiers read the Quran.

@Shining:

I had no idea the US army let it soldiers read the Quran.

Why wouldn’t they?  Freedom of religion and religious expression is one of the fundamental freedoms granted to us in the Constitution.  Is the Quran not a religious book, of a major religion?

In many respects, the United States military is much freer then our civilian lives.  They honestly and truthfully grant freedom of religion and religious expression.  Too bad the rest of the nation cannot seem to even grant us those piddly little freedoms anymore.

• Multiple Reasons:

1.  Freedom of Religion (which is why, for example, Ft. hood has a HUGE Neo-Pagan group)
    2.  Education (for folks going into Psy Ops, Intelligence, etc.
    3.  “Know they Enemy”

• “Know your enemy”….I can think of no better reason.

Rob.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m