• The UK’s first turn should consist of this:

Move the infantry from South Africa to Rhodesia to avoid blitzing by the German tank(s). Move your Indian transport to Australia for a better attack against Burma next turn, which will screw the Japanese in Asia. Strafe the Germans in Western Europe with your British fighters, clearing the way for the Americans. Strategic bomb Germany. Buy two transports and a fighter.

• Yes, please, send that Transport to Australia so I can sink it with my sub and get rid of any threat of an India based counter-attack against Germany in Africa.

And please, play UK this way after you played Russia as you posted…  I’ll take Karelia as Germany AND build there in G2.  Japan will also be re-taking Manchuria without even breaking a sweat in their move following this impotent UK opening move, and that Russian fighter and your last Russian INF in the east will die the following round, clearing the path for Japan to move on Russia…

And the sacrifice of the RAF to “clear the way” for a US lead 2 INF and 1 bomber (at most) invasion of France that can NOT be held by the allies after G2 (IF they even take it on US1) is also sweet.

Also, as your planes fly over those vacant waters where the UK fleet used to be on their way to suicide over France, you might want to consider just what in the hell UK is going to attack with on round 2…  That Rhodesian infantry?

These two openning moves taken together, will allow me to win as the Axis EVERY time, and rather quickly too.  Kreigsmarine will be being built up by Round 4 at the latest (anchored by a battleship in the Med that was never sunk), possibly even round 3; depending on if UK comes up with somethign better on UK2 than they did in UK1.

• Well what would you suppose I do with my Indian infantry and fighter? Should I attack Burma with it? Infantry and fighters both defend better. And why not strafe WE? Two fighters against two infantry will win with one fighter gone, and the US can land two infantry and fighter to defend and your bomber goes to the UK. Your Rhodesian infantrywould also attack alongside your Syria-Iraq infantry. And Germany wouldn’t be able to build in Karelia in G2, because Russia would counterattack with four inf, four tanks, and a fighter. And if you would win every time as Axis, the how come I play as Allies and always win?

• @googie7745:

Well what would you suppose I do with my Indian infantry and fighter? Should I attack Burma with it? Infantry and fighters both defend better. And why not strafe WE? Two fighters against two infantry will win with one fighter gone, and the US can land two infantry and fighter to defend and your bomber goes to the UK. Your Rhodesian infantrywould also attack alongside your Syria-Iraq infantry. And Germany wouldn’t be able to build in Karelia in G2, because Russia would counterattack with four inf, four tanks, and a fighter. And if you would win every time as Axis, the how come I play as Allies and always win?

Who is playing Germany that there are only 2 INF there?  In my personal favorite openning Germany move, I have 2 INF, Anti-aircraft, and a FIGHTER in Western.  You want to send 2 fighters without any land forces or naval support against THAT?  And even if I DID only have 2 INF there (say the Canadian transport shot down my fighter that lands in Western), what do you hope to gain by it?  You lose FIGHTERS, that UK can not afford to replace.  Germany loses 2 INF.  6 IPC’s to 12 (and quite likely 24 since you lose BOTH fighters most of the time:  AA role 33% chance of shooting down 1; your initial round is 1 INF killed on average (if AA failed), and my counter is also 1 on average.  That leaves a 3 against a 2, 33% vs. 50%.  This is AT BEST an even fight for UK with only 2 INF in Western; with NO GAIN.  Mutual destruction leaves it in German hands and NO US fighters landing there.  Add in my Fighter and you can’t take it as US after losing your UK airforce for no purpose.

And SO WHAT if the US puts 2 INF and 2 FIGS there next round?  They DIE in G2, and those forces were not used against German incursions in Africa, AND the US transport is now sitting with 2 other TRANSPORTS, and nothing else, in UK waters.

So let’s see, here is what happens on G2 with the moves you listed:
    1.  Karelia falls to Germany, and Germany has enough forces to HOLD it and build there in G3.  Russia is in TROUBLE.
    2.  Remaining German AF sinks 3 transports around UK (2 UK, 1 US) and loses 1 fighter doing so.
    3.  Germany uses minimal force and kills the 2 US INF in Western (IF they are even there, not likely with just 1 German Fighter in Western after G1).  Since no transports exist to ferry in more troops, and the RAF is GONE, defense in Western AND in Norway is no longer needed:  all forces free for final push on Russia
    4.  Germany transports MORE forces into Africa using their un-touched Med navy, destroys the “Rhodesian Infatry”, and on the next round will hold ALL of Africa (except Madagascar) and Persia.

By my count, Germany is UP 12 IPC’s  UK is DOWN 9 (or more since I probably took Australia on J1), Russia is DOWN 3, maybe down 6; depends on how Russia did things in Caucuses; or down even MORE after losses to Japan in the east.

Germany is BUILDING IN KARELIA and has income of 44, US and UK can get NO land forces into Europe, Russia is only building at 14 to 19 IPC’s.  How long can Russia last building 6 INF at most against 8 tanks plus INF each ROUND?  Not to mention that Germany still has a huge chunk of their original forces on the board.

My guess is Russia falls on G3, G4 AT THE LATEST, Japan finishes mopping up in the East pumping their IPC’s up to around 45, and Germany opens up with a 70-80 IPC NAVY build the round after Russia falls.

I call Googie’s openning Allied moves “Guaranteed Quick Axis Victory”

I hate to say this Googie, but whoever you are playing against is simply NOT a competant opponent.  You would benefit from playing against even the poor AI Hasbro opponents.  Come back and see us when you can defeat the best Hasbro has to offer while playing only ONE country, and do so quickly and consistently.

• @googie7745:

And if you would win every time as Axis, the how come I play as Allies and always win?

Because nc is a much better player than you? :)

• @aaFiendish:

Because nc is a much better player than you? :)

Based on what I have seen of your posts, I take that as a great compliment.  Thank you.

@googie7745:

Well what would you suppose I do with my Indian infantry and fighter? Should I attack Burma with it? Infantry and fighters both defend better. And why not strafe WE? Two fighters against two infantry will win with one fighter gone, and the US can land two infantry and fighter to defend and your bomber goes to the UK. Your Rhodesian infantrywould also attack alongside your Syria-Iraq infantry. And Germany wouldn’t be able to build in Karelia in G2, because Russia would counterattack with four inf, four tanks, and a fighter. And if you would win every time as Axis, the how come I play as Allies and always win?

Several options:

1)  Kwangbang - take Man on R1 and attack Kwang on UK 1 with 2 inf, 1 ftr
    2)  Send EGy forces and Ind forces to Per for and army of 4 inf, 1 arm (land ftr wherever)
    3)  Counter Egy if germany took on rd 1 you can counter with 3 inf, 1 ftr, 1 bom
    4)  Reinforce Ken/Rho with the 2 inf.
    5)  Reinforce Sin with the 2 inf

Do not underestemat a tactical retreat in Asia (for the Allies).  This is often how you will need to play to win once you start introducing bids.

Don’t consider attacking WE rd 3 or later.

Round 1 (allies) - buy set up units (ie AC for UK, and trns for UK/US)
    Round 2 - land in afr (buy more trans)
    Round 3 - go to Fin
    Round 4 - take WE (or continue to ship to Fin then move to Kar)
    Round 5 - repeat rd 4, etc.

I prefer just threatening (bluffing at) WE and continuing to send troops to Fin and Kar so you can do a 1-2-3 punch on EE (or reinforce Mos if necessary)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m