XDAP Final… eh, i mean, Semifinal - Allweneedishank vs. TeamBoldDutch

• '12

let the bidding begin.  Everyone knows this is really the winner take all final.

cheers gentlemen - let’s rumble.  when in doubt ask.  be aware of all the tripleA glitches and errors - especially subs on defense (shouldnt be allowed to roll first if an attacking destroyer is present) and sbr on multiple targets in the same territory.  these must be rolled with forum dice.  and if you choose casualties without asking, prepare to suffer the consequences.  in the best games, these issues become important.

gl and hf

• TripleA

thanks for setting the thread up, setting some ground rules, and reminding us that we need to play by the rulebook and not the way that triplea has it setup.

i hope everyone has fun.

we will give you the same generous offer we gave our last two opponents. surprisingly they both turned it down and upped the bid.

1. the allies
    2. a shiny new soviet bomber for moscow
    3. 1ipc to the allied power of your choosing
    4. we will refer to you as “supreme allied commanders” for the entire game.

• '12

Just make a bid.  How do you feel about the concept of one ll reroll at the cost of 10 or 15 ipc from the power of your choosing?

• '12

@Boldfresh:

Just make a bid.  How do you feel about the concept of one ll reroll at the cost of 10 or 15 ipc from the power of your choosing?

ie, in the course of the game, each team is allowed one LL reroll of a battle of their choosing, at a cost.  if you like the concept, we can discuss the particulars.

• '12

we have beaten cow so badly in the game 1 provisional final that i don’t think he will ever be back.  so i guess the winner of this plays Veqryn for the title.  :lol:

• '12

how are we playing bid placement?  can a unit be placed in ngu?  1 unit per territory?

• '12

i propose that we just use current league rules for placement except add the caveat of 1 unit per territory.

under that assumption, we will bid bomber + 500 ipc.

cheers

• '12

with your return bid, please state whether you have any interest in the 1 LL roll/game modification.  if so, we can hammer that out before continuing the bidding.

• TripleA

i guess it is best to hash out all the details before we finish the bidding.

would you guys like to play with tech?

i would like to play with noncombat move edits. we are usually even more lenient and sometimes allow other obvious edits such as combat walk ins on a one off basis, so please feel free to ask.

at first blush i do not like your one time lowluck roll option. it might change how we make attacks knowing that you can always reroll a battle in lowluck you can bring in less force to key battles.
    i might be interested in another similar metheod or allow the one time reroll for the defender only. i will talk to hank and see what he thinks about 1 time lowluck rerolls.
    however, i would like to play lowluck for the whole game if you guys and hank would agree.

if there is an illegal combat that arises throughout the game(could be due to lack of rules knowledge or just a mouse slip) i suggest that the opposing team can do one of two things. either play the the turn legit, or keep the illegal move.

1. tell the offending team to keep the illegal move as is and play on.
    2. go back to the moment/roll of the actual error and redo the combat from that point ignoring all other dice that rolled after the illegal move.

this allows the non-offending team to pick what is best for their side.

do you agree to use this method for resolving any potential errors? i hope that there will be no errors but you never know.

• TripleA

@Boldfresh:

how are we playing bid placement?  can a unit be placed in ngu?  1 unit per territory?

@Boldfresh:

i propose that we just use current league rules for placement except add the caveat of 1 unit per territory…

i do not mind if their are restrictions to how the bid can be placed. let me know what you prefer.

• TripleA

@Boldfresh:

Just make a bid…

i did. to make it easier for you i deleted the superfluous text below.
    @allweneedislove:

we will give you…

… the allies

… 1ipc to the allied power of your choosing

this offer stands even if you pick tech or no tech, regular dice or lowluck, edits or no edits, error correction or something else.

sorry it takes so long to get all this sorted out. i am not trying to be anal, i just want to make sure we do not run into problems later and turn our game from fun and friendly into a disputefest.

• '12

I gave you my bid.  If you are saying you will take allies with a bomber only let me know… I do not understand your proposition.

• '12

I am not interested in a full on LL game.  Just a one time bail out of aweful dice.  Which I get many many times a game.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I propose both parties use the “Gargantua” load out:

The game is a no tech game, but starts with techs as outlined below.

Bold Dutch as allies with:

• XDAP standard Russian bomber
    • Russia starts with control of Iran (persia) and it’s units
    • 2 IPCs
    • TECHS
        1. USSR - Advanced Artillery
        2. USA - Paratroopers
        3. UK L+C - RADAR
        4. ANZAC - Improved Shipyards
        5. FRANCE - Long Range Aircraft

Allweneedishank as Axis with:

• German Argentina, territory starts marked as german, and germany gets the units, and is + income.
      +TECHS
        1. GERMANY - Super Subs, Advanced Artillery
        2. JAPAN - Increased Factory Production,
        3. ITALY - War Bonds, Rockets

Each side can also throw a “challenge” flag once per game, after posting their ENTIRE turn, and the challenge flag will allow them to -Reroll- ONE battle.

Just post in big letters

“CHALLENGE FLAG”

The entire battle must be re-rolled though… not just one round.

Of course… if you have any slight modifications to my load out… please present your choices for discussion.

The key principles were that each side recieved 5 techs, that weren’t overbearingly TOO powerful, and that each side started with an interesting territory “boost”.

The least we can do, is make this game entertaining for the masses.

• '12

I am interested in the challenge flag but not in tech.

• '12

So enlighten me.  Are u saying u want allies at 1 ipc + bomber?

• '12

@allweneedislove:

i guess it is best to hash out all the details before we finish the bidding.

would you guys like to play with tech?

i would like to play with noncombat move edits. we are usually even more lenient and sometimes allow other obvious edits such as combat walk ins on a one off basis, so please feel free to ask.

at first blush i do not like your one time lowluck roll option. it might change how we make attacks knowing that you can always reroll a battle in lowluck you can bring in less force to key battles.
    i might be interested in another similar metheod or allow the one time reroll for the defender only. i will talk to hank and see what he thinks about 1 time lowluck rerolls.
    however, i would like to play lowluck for the whole game if you guys and hank would agree.

if there is an illegal combat that arises throughout the game(could be due to lack of rules knowledge or just a mouse slip) i suggest that the opposing team can do one of two things. either play the the turn legit, or keep the illegal move.

1. tell the offending team to keep the illegal move as is and play on.
    2. go back to the moment/roll of the actual error and redo the combat from that point ignoring all other dice that rolled after the illegal move.

this allows the non-offending team to pick what is best for their side.

do you agree to use this method for resolving any potential errors? i hope that there will be no errors but you never know.

I am feel the same way about noncom edits… even if after convoy dice usually (but ask if dice were rolled after noncom).  And feel free to ask for combat edits like walkins and trn kills.

• '12

Oops I added the last line within the quote box.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m